If you’re like me, you love the convenience of an air fryer but don’t always know what delicious recipes to make with it. Look no further! This air fryer teriyaki salmon will become your go-to dish when you want something quick and satisfying.
Packed with flavor from the homemade sticky teriyaki sauce and perfectly cooked in minutes, this easy recipe will give you that restaurant feels without all that extra effort! Plus, we’ll provide handy tips on how to cook salmon properly in an air fryer so you can make it perfectly every time.
Love fish but don’t love the mess that comes with deep-frying? Look no further than this delicious and easy Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon! This super tasty recipe requires minimal prep time, few ingredients, and, most importantly – it smells fantastic.
Plus, it’s healthy, too, as you’re using much less oil than conventional cooking methods. With just 15 minutes of cook time, this air fryer salmon makes an ideal dinner option for busy weeknights when you cannot search through the kitchen cupboards for Inspiration!
I love Air Fryer Salmon, and if you want to check out the Best Air Fryer Salmon Recipe, this is a fantastic recipe with only a few ingredients. And looking for some easy air fryer dinner recipes, check out all of my air fryer recipes!
Treat yourself to restaurant-style salmon with a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce! Enjoy tender and flaky fish, crisp skin, and all the convenience of preparing it in your own home. It’s my favorite air fryer recipe for creating a fantastic dish in your kitchen. This might just be the best reason to invest in an air fryer!
Salmon is an incredibly nourishing and adaptive fish that brings many benefits to meals. Its abundance of protein keeps you energized, while its Omega 3 fatty acids promote healthier hearts – so be sure to make it part of your diet at least twice each week!
Why We Love Teriyaki Salmon In Air Fryer
Teriyaki salmon is a delicious and healthy meal you can make in no time, thanks to your handy air fryer.
It’s packed with flavor from the tangy teriyaki sauce, adding moisture to the fish for a tender and juicy end result. The best part about cooking chicken in the air fryer is that it requires very little oil, making it an excellent option for those who are watching their calories or trying to avoid too much fat in their diet.
Whether you’re looking for an excellent dinner idea for your family at the end of the day or just want to treat yourself to a healthy and delicious meal any time of the day, teriyaki salmon in the air fryer is a great option that you’ll love every time.
So why do we love teriyaki salmon in the air fryer?
- It’s delicious and flavorful. Thanks to the teriyaki sauce, this fish will have a complex combination of sweet, salty, tangy, and savory flavors that will delight your taste buds!
- It’s very easy to make. You can cook this salmon in your air fryer for as little as 15 minutes, and the fish will be fork-tender and juicy!
- It’s a healthy meal option. With just a tiny amount of oil!
- It’s versatile. You can make this salmon by itself, with a side of veggies or rice, or even use it as the main component in a teriyaki salmon bowl.
- It’s better than takeout! This recipe is perfect if you like teriyaki chicken and are looking for a lighter alternative!
Ingredients Needed For Teriyaki Salmon In Air Fryer
This tantalizing teriyaki salmon recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family. It’s healthy, delicious, and prepared in no time! Best of all, you can make this flavorful fish dish with simple ingredients found around your kitchen
- Salmon: Fresh salmon fillets that are similar in size. If you have frozen salmon, add a few minutes, or thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Homemade or Store-Bought Teriyaki Sauce: Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Minced Garlic, Minced Ginger, Salt, Black Pepper, and Corn Starch.
How To Cook Teriyaki Salmon In The Air Fryer
Air Fryers have revolutionized how you can cook meals quickly and easily in your home, so why not try cooking something delicious like Teriyaki Salmon? This dish is full of flavor and made even more mouth-watering when cooked in an Air Fryer.
Remember the step-by-step instructions and the complete ingredients list below in the printable recipe card.
Step One: Use a paper towel or kitchen towel and pat the salmon dry. In a large bowl, prepare your homemade teriyaki sauce, or if you’re using a store-bought teriyaki sauce, you can skip it. Reserve 1/2 a cup of the teriyaki sauce.
Step Two: Let the salmon marinade for about 15-20 minutes.
Step Three: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees f for 3-5 minutes. Check your manual for instructions.
Step Four: Add the salmon fillets to the air fryer basket, salmon skin down, and brush with a pastry brush the marinade. Set the cooking time for 5 minutes, brush the salmon with more teriyaki sauce, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F to 145 degrees F.
Step Five: Serve with additional teriyaki sauce for dipping!
- Preheat your air fryer. Check your air fryer manual for the best way to preheat your air fryer.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer basket; you want the hot air to circulate around the salmon, crisping up the skin and keeping your salmon moist.
- Timing: Make sure to check your salmon frequently as it cooks up; it can go from raw to dried out in a minute or two.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to season salmon for air fryer
The best way to season salmon for the air fryer is with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper on each side of the fillet.
Once your fillet is seasoned, brush it lightly with olive oil or melted butter if desired before cooking. If you’re using a marinade or sauce, wait until after cooking to brush it on.
Air frying salmon is a great way to quickly prepare these tasty and heart-healthy fish fillets without using your oven or stovetop. You can get dinner on the table in just minutes using an air fryer for this recipe!
How to serve salmon
One of the most important things to keep in mind when serving salmon is side dishes. Some great side dishes that pair well with salmon include roasted vegetables, such as potatoes or Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes or creamy risotto, and a fresh green salad. To make your salmon dish shine, try drizzling it with a delicious, tangy vinaigrette or topping it with a nutty pesto sauce. Whatever side dishes you choose, just be sure to keep them simple and light so that the star of the show, the salmon, can take center stage.
How To Store And Reheat
Let the salmon cool to room temperature, then place it in an airtight container. The salmon will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Reheat the salmon in the air fryer for a few minutes at 350 degrees F for best results, brush with additional teriyaki sauce.
Can I Use Bottled Teriyaki Sauce?
Yes! this is one of my go-to meals when I need dinner in a hurry; some of my favorite prepared teriyaki sauces are:
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Sauce Teriyaki Organic
- Kikkoman Less Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki
How To Cook Teriyaki Salmon In The Oven?
Teriyaki salmon is a delicious dish that you can easily make at home. This recipe uses only a few simple ingredients and requires little preparation, making it an easy option for weeknight dinners.
To make teriyaki salmon in the oven, start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Then, place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet and brush them liberally with teriyaki sauce.
Next, place the salmon in the oven and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily when pierced with a fork. Serve immediately with steamed rice and your favorite vegetables, such as broccoli or asparagus.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- GREAT VALUE FROZEN FRENCH TOAST STICKS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CRESCENT ROLLS
- AIR FRYER KALE CHIPS NO OIL
- HOW TO PROTECT COUNTERTOP FROM AIR FRYER?
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES
- AIR FRYER PEACH DUMP CAKE
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S BREAKFAST BURRITOS
- KETO AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS
The salmon was cooked to perfection and very moist. The teriyaki sauce added a nice flavor to the fish and wasn’t too sweet or overpowering. I would definitely make this recipe again! If you’re looking for an easy and healthy weeknight meal, give this Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon a try!
Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon
- 4 6 ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 tablespon corn starch
- Use a paper towel or kitchen towel and pat the salmon dry. In a large bowl, prepare your homemade teriyaki sauce, or if you're using a store-bought teriyaki sauce, you can skip it. Reserve 1/2 a cup of the teriyaki sauce.
- Let the salmon marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees f for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the salmon fillets to the air fryer basket, salmon skin down, and brush them with a pastry brush marinade. Set the cooking time for 5 minutes, brush the salmon with more teriyaki sauce, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F to 145 degrees F.
- Serve with additional teriyaki sauce for dipping!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Meat Thermometer