Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Cups — Looking for a delicious yet easy, dish to make for dinner? Salmon teriyaki lettuce cups are perfect!
The air fryer does all the work for you; the result is mouth-watering. Plus, this dish is healthy and gluten-free. Don’t miss out on this fantastic meal!
Don’t let the word “salmon” scare you! This dish is effortless and perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
The salmon is cooked in an air fryer, which gives it a crispy outer texture. It’s then topped with a teriyaki sauce that pairs perfectly with the salty salmon. Finally, the lettuce cups provide a crunchy and refreshing contrast to the tender fish. Give this dish a try – you won’t be disappointed!
What Are Salmon Lettuce Cups?
Salmon lettuce cups are a healthy, easy-to-make appetizer or main course. They’re perfect for cooks who want to serve something different at their next party or for people who want a quick and tasty meal that doesn’t require a lot of fuss.
You only need some salmon, lettuce leaves, and simple ingredients to make this dish come alive. Keep reading to learn how to make salmon lettuce cups yourself!
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
You’ll adore this recipe for Air Fryer Lettuce Wraps for a multitude of reasons:
- Health-Conscious and Nutritious: Lettuce wraps are a fantastic low-carb, low-calorie option that doesn’t skimp on flavor or satisfaction. They are packed with fresh, wholesome ingredients, making them a guilt-free choice for any meal.
- Quick and Easy: Utilizing an air fryer speeds up cooking, making these lettuce wraps delicious and incredibly convenient. This method is perfect for busy weeknights or when you need a quick and healthy meal without much fuss.
- Versatile and Customizable: The beauty of lettuce wraps lies in their versatility. You can fill them with proteins like chicken, beef, tofu, or shrimp and add different vegetables and seasonings to suit your taste preferences.
- Perfect Blend of Textures: The air fryer gives the filling a delightful crispness, which contrasts beautifully with the fresh, cool crunch of the lettuce. This combination of textures makes every bite exciting and enjoyable.
- Flavorful and Aromatic: Cooking ingredients in the air fryer often intensify their flavors, resulting in a more aromatic and flavorful filling for your lettuce wraps. Plus, you can experiment with various seasonings and sauces to create your perfect wrap.
- Great for Entertaining: Lettuce wraps are not only easy to make but also fun to eat, making them great for social gatherings, family dinners, or a hands-on meal experience.
- Healthier Cooking Method: Air frying is a healthier alternative to traditional frying, reducing the amount of oil needed for cooking without compromising on taste or texture.
Overall, air fryer lettuce wraps are a delightful combination of healthy, tasty, and convenient, making them a perfect meal option for both health-conscious individuals and those looking for a quick, delicious bite.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Salmon Lettuce Wraps
To make Air Fryer Salmon Lettuce Wraps, you’ll need a combination of ingredients for the salmon filling and the assembly of the wraps. Here’s a list of ingredients you will require:
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Salmon: You can either use fresh cooked salmon or use canned salmon. For using salmon, I recommend removing the skin.
- Butter Lettuce: You can also use Romaine lettuce or gem lettuce.
- Cooked White Rice: You can use Air Fryer Cauliflower Rice for keto or low-carb.
- Sesame Seeds: Adds great texture.
- Sriracha Sauce: You can omit it if you want it less spicer.
- Soy Sauce: You can also use a gluten-free option for the base for the teriyaki sauce.
- Mirin: Found in the Asian aisle at your local grocery store, it’s seasoned rice vinegar.
- Honey: Add some sweetness to the marinade.
- Brown Sugar: The molasses in the sugar adds some sweetness.
- Minced Garlic: Adds flavor to the dish. You can also use garlic powder.
- Ground Ginger Powder: You can easily use ground ginger as well.
- Cornstarch: Used with water, it makes a cornstarch slurry, thickening the sauce.
How To Make Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Cups
Making Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Cups is a simple process that combines the rich flavor of teriyaki with the tender, flaky texture of salmon, all wrapped in crisp lettuce. Here’s how to do it:
Line your air fryer with parchment paper, and then place your salmon in the air fryer and season with salt and black pepper. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 58 to 10 minutes until it’s easily flaked.
Flake the salmon and set it aside in a medium-sized bowl. Mix cornstarch and one tablespoon of water in a small bowl to make the slurry. Set aside.
Make the teriyaki sauce: In a small saucepan, whisk together all ingredients (except for the slurry) until combined. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and cook for 1-2 minutes until thickening. It should coat the back of a spoon when it’s thick. Let cool for a few minutes.
Pour the teriyaki sauce over the cooked salmon and stir to combine. Layer the rice on the lettuce leaves, followed by 1-2 tablespoons of teriyaki salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.
Pro Tips For Salmon Wraps
- Easy Meal: For an easy meal, you can always make a double batch of the salmon and use the leftovers for this recipe.
- Canned Salmon: You can use canned salmon for this recipe.
- Don’t Overcook The Salmon: One of the most common mistakes people make when air frying is overcooking the salmon. Once the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees F, the salmon easily flakes.
Best Lettuce For Lettuce Wraps or Lettuce Cups
Are you looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy your lunch? Why not try a lettuce wrap? Lettuce wraps are the perfect solution for busy cooks who want a tasty and healthy meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. But what kind of lettuce is best for wraps? Some of my favorites are:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Gem Lettuce
- Butter Lettuce
How do you cut lettuce for lettuce wraps?
Eating healthy can be challenging, especially when you don’t know how to do it correctly. Lettuce wraps are a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables without feeling you’re missing out on anything. But cutting lettuce the right way can be tricky.
Wash and dry your lettuce; get as much water as possible from the leaves. Then, cut the bottom part of the lettuce head off and peel the leaves away carefully so they stay together.
How To Store
Place any leftover salmon into an airtight container. It will last for about 2 to 3 days. You can store any leftover salmon lettuce wraps in an airtight container; however, you might want to remove the lettuce from the wraps because it will get wilted. I recommend storing the lettuce and salmon separately for the best results.
These lettuce cups make for a great appetizer or snack. You can also serve them with noodles or Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice! This can also be used as part of a homemade Air Fryer Chinese Meal. Some great recipes to serve these with are:
- AIR FRYER BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- AIR FRYER KUNG PAO CHICKEN
- EASY AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS
- AIR FRYER CHINESE SPARE RIBS
More Air Fryer Recipes
Are you looking to expand your air fryer recipe repertoire? This roundup of mouth-watering dishes is for you! From simple snacks to hearty meals, there’s something for everyone. So get ready to experiment with new flavors and cooking techniques – endless possibilities!
- AIR FRYER FROZEN PICKLES
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- EASY AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CALZONES
- AIR FRYER HARDEE’S BIG HOT HAM ‘N’ CHEESE
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER FROM RAW OR FROZEN!
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Cups
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Serve with sesame seeds and sriracha sauce
- Line your air fryer with parchment paper, and then place your salmon in the air fryer, season with salt and black pepper. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until it's easily flaked.
- Flake the salmon, and set it aside in a medium-sized bowl. Mix cornstarch and one tablespoon of water in a small bowl to make the cornstarch slurry. Set aside.
- Make the teriyaki sauce: In a small saucepan, whisk together all of the teriyaki sauce ingredients (except for the slurry) until combined. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and cook for 1-2 minutes, until thickened. It should coat the back of a spoon when it’s thick. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the cooked salmon and stir to combine. Layer the rice on the lettuce leaves, followed by 1-2 tablespoons of teriyaki salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional