Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Cups — Looking for a delicious yet easy, dish to make for dinner? Salmon teriyaki lettuce cups are perfect! The air fryer does all the work for you, and the end result is mouth-watering. Plus, this dish is healthy and gluten-free. Don’t miss out on this fantastic meal!
Don’t let the word “salmon” scare you! This dish is effortless and perfect for a quick weeknight meal. The salmon is cooked in an air fryer, which gives it a crispy outer texture. It’s then topped with a teriyaki sauce that pairs perfectly with the salty salmon. Finally, the lettuce cups provide a crunchy and refreshing contrast to the tender fish. Give this dish a try – you won’t be disappointed!
What Is An Air Fryer?
Do you love fried chicken but don’t love the calories that come with it? Are you looking for a way to cut down on the amount of oil you use in your cooking? If so, an air fryer may be just what you need. An air fryer is a small appliance that uses hot air to cook food. This means that you can enjoy all of the flavors and textures of fried chicken without worrying about the extra fat and calories.
These lettuce cups are the perfect light and healthy meal for summer. The salmon is cooked in an air fryer, so it’s not too greasy, and the teriyaki sauce is super flavorful. You can easily customize this recipe to your liking by using different types of fish or vegetables. Give these a try next time you need a quick and easy dinner idea!
Check Out My Favorite Air Fryers!
What Are Salmon Lettuce Cups?
Salmon lettuce cups are a healthy, easy-to-make appetizer or main course. They’re perfect for cooks who want to serve something different at their next party or for people who want a quick and tasty meal that doesn’t require a lot of fuss. All you need is some salmon, lettuce leaves, and a few simple ingredients to make this dish come alive. Keep reading to learn how to make salmon lettuce cups yourself!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Cups
- Salmon: You can either use fresh cooked salmon or use canned salmon. For using salmon, I recommend removing the skin.
- Butter Lettuce: You can also use Romaine lettuce or gem lettuce.
- Cooked White Rice: For keto or low-carb, you can use Air Fryer Cauliflower Rice
- Sesame Seeds: Adds some great texture
- Sriracha: You can omit it if you want it less spicer.
- Soy Sauce: For the base for the teriyaki sauce, you can also use a gluten-free option.
- Mirin: Found in the Asian aisle at your local grocery store, it’s seasoned rice vinegar.
- Honey: Adds some sweetness to the marinade.
- Brown Sugar: The molasses in the sugar adds some sweetness.
- Minced Garlic: Adds flavor to the dish. You can also use garlic powder
- Ground Ginger Powder: You can easily use ground ginger as well.
- Cornstarch: Used with water, it makes a cornstarch slurry, which will thicken the sauce.
How To Make Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Cups
Line your air fryer with parchment paper, and then place your salmon in the air fryer, season with salt and black pepper. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 58 to 10 minutes until it’s easily flaked.
Flake the salmon, and set it aside in a medium-sized bowl. Mix cornstarch and one tablespoon of water in a small bowl to make the cornstarch slurry. Set aside.
Make the teriyaki sauce: In a small saucepan, whisk together all of the teriyaki sauce ingredients (except for the slurry) until combined. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and cook for 1-2 minutes, until thickened. It should coat the back of a spoon when it’s thick. Let cool for a few minutes.
Pour the teriyaki sauce over the cooked salmon and stir to combine. Layer the rice on the lettuce leaves, followed by 1-2 tablespoons of teriyaki salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.
- Easy Meal: For an easy meal, you can always make a double batch of the salmon and use the leftovers for this recipe.
- Canned Salmon: You can use canned salmon for this recipe.
- Don’t Overcook The Salmon: One of the most common mistakes people make when air frying salmon is overcooking the salmon. Once the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees F, or until the salmon easily flakes.
What Lettuce Is Best For Wraps:
Are you looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy your lunch? Why not try a lettuce wrap! Lettuce wraps are the perfect solution for busy cooks who want a tasty and healthy meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. But what kind of lettuce is best for wraps? Some of my favorites are:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Gem Lettuce
- Butter Lettuce
How do you cut lettuce for lettuce wraps?
Eating healthy can be challenging, especially when you don’t know how to do it correctly. Lettuce wraps are a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables without feeling you’re missing out on anything. But cutting lettuce the right way can be tricky.
Wash and dry your lettuce, try to get as much water as you can off the lettuce leaves. Then, cut the bottom part of the lettuce head off, and then peel the leaves away, carefully, so they stay together.
How To Store
Place any leftover salmon into an airtight container. It will last for about 2 to 3 days. You can store any leftover salmon lettuce wraps in an airtight container; however, you might want to remove the lettuce from the wraps because it will get wilted. I recommend storing the lettuce and salmon separately for the best results.
These lettuce cups make for a great appetizer or snack. You can also serve them with some noodles or even Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice!. This can also be used as part of a homemade Air Fryer Chinese Meal. Some great recipes to serve these with are:
- AIR FRYER BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- AIR FRYER KUNG PAO CHICKEN
- EASY AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS
- AIR FRYER CHINESE SPARE RIBS
More Air Fryer Recipes
Looking to expand your air fryer recipe repertoire? This roundup of mouth-watering dishes is for you! From simple snacks to hearty meals, there’s something for everyone. So get ready to experiment with new flavors and cooking techniques – the possibilities are endless!
- AIR FRYER FROZEN PICKLES
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- EASY AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CALZONES
- AIR FRYER HARDEE’S BIG HOT HAM ‘N’ CHEESE
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER FROM RAW OR FROZEN!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Cups
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Serve with sesame seeds and sriracha sauce
- Line your air fryer with parchment paper, and then place your salmon in the air fryer, season with salt and black pepper. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until it's easily flaked.
- Flake the salmon, and set it aside in a medium-sized bowl. Mix cornstarch and one tablespoon of water in a small bowl to make the cornstarch slurry. Set aside.
- Make the teriyaki sauce: In a small saucepan, whisk together all of the teriyaki sauce ingredients (except for the slurry) until combined. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and cook for 1-2 minutes, until thickened. It should coat the back of a spoon when it’s thick. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the cooked salmon and stir to combine. Layer the rice on the lettuce leaves, followed by 1-2 tablespoons of teriyaki salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper