Do you want restaurant-style potatoes at home? If you love getting your sweet potato at your favorite steakhouse, you will love this copycat recipe for the best Air Fryer Steakhouse Sweet Potato.
The Best Air Fryer Steakhouse Sweet Potato
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy side dish to add to your meals, then Air Fryer Steakhouse Sweet Potato is a great option to try.
This recipe takes sweet potatoes and gives them a savory twist with a blend of spices and herbs you might find at your favorite steakhouse. Using an air fryer to cook the sweet potatoes makes them crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, with a caramelized flavor that pairs perfectly with steak, chicken, or fish. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare, making it a perfect addition to weeknight dinners or weekend gatherings.
What Are Steakhouse Sweet Potatoes
Steakhouse sweet potatoes are a sweet potato dish often served as a side dish at steakhouses and restaurants. They are typically seasoned with a blend of savory spices and herbs, giving them a rich, savory flavor that pairs well with steak, chicken, or fish. Steakhouse sweet potatoes can be baked, fried, or grilled, depending on the recipe, but they are usually cooked until they are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Some popular seasonings in Steakhouse sweet potato recipes include garlic powder, paprika, thyme, and rosemary. They are a delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional French fries or mashed potatoes and are often served with a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkle of fresh herbs on top.
Why Cook Sweet Potatoes In Air Fryer
Cooking sweet potatoes in an air fryer can have several benefits. Here are some reasons why:
- Quick and easy: Air fryers cook food faster than traditional ovens or stovetops. Cooking sweet potatoes in an air fryer can save time and energy.
- Crispy texture: The hot air in an air fryer circulates around the food, creating a crispy texture outside the sweet potatoes.
- Healthier option: Air fryers require less oil than traditional frying methods, making them a healthier option for cooking sweet potatoes.
- Evenly cooked: Air fryers cook food evenly, ensuring that each sweet potato is cooked to perfection.
- Versatile: Air fryers can be used for various recipes, including sweet potato fries, chips, and wedges.
You can enjoy a delicious and healthy side dish with a crispy and caramelized flavor by cooking sweet potatoes in an air fryer. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make, making it a convenient and versatile cooking option.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Steakhouse Sweet Potato
Nothing says comfort food quite like a Steakhouse Sweet Potato! Not only does it look heavenly, but the combination of flavors is pure bliss. If you’re feeling adventurous and want to take your sweet potato game up a notch, making it in an air fryer is the way to go.
What makes this recipe even better? It requires minimal ingredients that you likely already have at home. In just a few simple steps, you’ll be on your way to making at-home restaurant quality deliciousness!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as nutritional information.
- Sweet Potatoes: Use firm, sweet potatoes that have been washed and dried
- Olive Oil: Use melted butter, avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil
- Salt: For best results and flavor use, sea salt
- Serving: Brown Sugar, Whipped Butter, etc.
How To Make Steakhouse Sweet Potatoes In Air Fryer
Are you seeking an excellent side dish to complete your steakhouse dinner experience? Sweet potatoes are seasonal and tasty, offering endless flavors that pair perfectly with the grilled entrée. The best part is you don’t have to fire the oven or heat up oil to prepare them! With an air fryer, you can make delicious steakhouse-style sweet potatoes quickly and easily in no time.
Below, we’ll walk you through step-by-step instructions on making crispy yet fluffy steakhouse-style sweet potatoes using an air fryer – so get ready to upgrade your dinner table!
Step One: Prepare The Sweet Potatoes
Wash and dry the sweet potatoes, then prick the skin a few times, so the hot air can circulate in the potato, cooking it to perfection.
Step Two: Season The Sweet Potatoes
Rub the olive oil over the sweet potatoes, then rub in sea salt.
Step Three: Air Fry Steakhouse Sweet Potatoes
Set the prepared sweet potatoes into the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees F. For best results, flip the sweet potato halfway during the cooking process.
Step Four: Serving
Serve with some butter and brown sugar for the best flavor.
Pro Tips For The Best Steakhouse Sweet Potatoes In Air Fryer
Here are some pro tips for making the best Steakhouse Sweet Potatoes in an air fryer:
- Use the right seasoning: A blend of savory spices and herbs is key to achieving the perfect Steakhouse Sweet Potato flavor. Try a mix of garlic powder, paprika, thyme, and rosemary for a delicious and savory taste.
- Preheat the air fryer: It’s important to preheat the air fryer before adding the sweet potatoes. This will ensure that they cook evenly and become crispy on the outside.
- Add a little bit of oil: Although air fryers require less oil than traditional frying methods, a small amount of oil can help the sweet potatoes crisp up nicely. Use a high smoke point oil, such as canola or avocado oil, and apply it lightly to the sweet potatoes.
- Shake the basket: To ensure that the sweet potatoes cook evenly on all sides, shake the air fryer basket every 5-7 minutes during cooking. This will also help prevent them from sticking to the basket.
- Use a wire rack: To ensure that the sweet potatoes remain crispy on all sides, place them on a wire rack after cooking to allow any excess moisture to evaporate.
- Serve immediately: Steakhouse Sweet Potatoes are best enjoyed fresh out of the air fryer when they are still hot and crispy. Serve them as a side dish with your favorite protein or a delicious snack.
By following these pro tips, you can make the best Steakhouse Sweet Potatoes in your air fryer and enjoy a delicious and savory side dish that pairs well with any meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes?
Yes, you can use regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes. However, the flavor and texture may be slightly different.
Can I prepare the sweet potatoes ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the sweet potatoes ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to cook. However, it’s best to wait to season them until just before cooking.
How long should I cook the sweet potatoes in the air fryer?
Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the sweet potatoes. Generally, they should be cooked for 20-25 minutes at 375°F (190°C) or until they are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Do I need to peel the sweet potatoes before cooking them?
It is up to personal preference whether or not to peel the sweet potatoes before cooking. Some people prefer the texture and flavor of unpeeled sweet potatoes, while others prefer peeled.
Can I use a different type of seasoning?
A: Yes, you can use any seasoning blend you like to customize the flavor of the sweet potatoes. Some popular seasoning blends include cumin and chili powder, Cajun seasoning, and Italian seasoning.
Can I cook the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet in the oven instead of an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake the sweet potatoes for 20-25 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Kielbasa Recipe
- Air Fryer Sausage
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Air Fryer Potato Slices
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie Bombs
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken Recipe
Air Fryer Steakhouse Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
Serve: Butter, Brown Sugar
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes, then prick the skin a few times, so the hot air can circulate in the potato, cooking it to perfection.
- Rub the olive oil over the sweet potatoes, then rub in sea salt.
- Set the prepared sweet potatoes into the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees F. For best results, flip the sweet potato halfway during the cooking process.
- Serve with some butter and brown sugar for the best flavor.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper