With Thanksgiving coming up, I wanted to update my post, to add some tips and tricks. So, today, I am presenting You with the Easiest Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato Recipe.
If you are not familiar with the sweet potato, it actually has two names, yam and sweet potato. You can usually tell them in the potato aisle, due to their orange skin color.
There is nothing like an air fried baked sweet potato. And it is so easy. The skin gets nice and crisp while the inside stays nice and fluffy.
What Is A Sweet Potato?
So, there is some confusion, as you go through your produce aisle, sometimes the yams are labeled as yams and sometimes the sweet potatoes are labeled sweet potatoes.
First off, they are two different vegetables. They are not from the same family of plants.
A Yam is native to either Africa or Asia. They are characterized by brown skin with blackish marks and have either white, purple, or reddish flesh.
They are considered to be starchier than sweet potatoes.
A Sweet Potato is either white, yellow, red, purple, or brown. The inside of the sweet potato is either white, yellow, or orange.
Sweet potatoes are more common in America’s grocery stores. Around Thanksgiving time, you can probably find some true yams in the grocery store.
Some Other Great Side Dishes Made in the Air Fryer–
How To Bake Sweet Potato In Air Fryer–
Ingredients Used Today in Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes–
- 1 to 4 Sweet Potatoes, medium-sized
Steps To The Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potato-
Start by cleaning your sweet potato, and dry them off completely.
Use the olive oil and rub it into the skins, making sure it’s all well coated.
Set into the air fryer at 35-45 minutes at 400 degrees F. (air fryer setting) When the skin can be pierced with a fork, remove from the air fryer.
Let the sweet potato rest about 5 minutes, before serving.
How To Pick A Great Sweet Potato-
- Look for skin that is orange, these are the moist variety.
- Look for firm sweet potatoes
- Skip the sweet potatoes with sprouts or discolorations of the skins.
- Look for the same size, as they will either bake or air fryer at the same time.
- Look for medium-sized sweet potatoes, as the larger they are, the starchier they become.
Some Tips For Getting the Best Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes-
- Choose the sweet potatoes that are roughly the same size, so they have the same cooking time.
- Let your sweet potatoes rest, after air frying.
- Do not crowd the basket, as they will not cook correctly.
- Rub the sweet potato with olive oil, this gives for nice crispy skin.
- You do not need to soak the potato in water or pierce the skin. Just clean it and put it right into the air fryer basket.
- The larger the sweet potato the longer it will take for the air fryer to bake.
What Can You Top Your Air Fryer Sweet Potato With?
- Salt & pepper
- Sour Cream & chives
- Butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon
Some Helpful Products Used In Preparing Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Do Not Forget To Pin, Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes,Print
Air Fryer-Perfect Sweet Potatoes (Potato)
There is nothing better than a slow-roasted sweet potato. The air fryer does a great job in roasting them, and the olive oil really brings out the nutty flavor.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1–3 Medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Toppings: Sour cream, butter, sliced green onions, diced bacon, cheese, etc.
- Start by cleaning your sweet potato (s) with water, and then dry them off completely.
- Use the olive oil and rub it into the skins, making sure they are all well coated.
- Set into the air fryer at 35-45 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- When the skin can be pierced with a fork, remove it from the air fryer.
- Let the sweet potatoes rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Keywords: air fryer sweet potato chunks whole sweet potato air fryer air fryer sweet potato slices air fryer sweet potato hash how to cook frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer air fryer baked potato air fryer sweet potato fries no oil calories in air fried sweet potatoes