Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes make for an amazing side dish or vegan meal, that is amazing, when prepared in the Air Fryer!
With Thanksgiving coming up, I wanted to update my post, to add some tips and tricks. So, today, I am presenting You with the Easiest Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes.
If you are not familiar with the sweet potato, it actually has two names, yam and sweet potato. You can usually tell them in the potato aisle due to their orange skin color.
There is nothing like an air-fried baked sweet potato. And it is so easy. The skin gets nice and crisp, while the inside stays nice and fluffy.
Looking for some more easy and delicious air fryer potato recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES, AIR FRYER GARLIC ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES; AIR FRYER SYRACUSE SALTED POTATOES and AIR FRYER OVEN GOLD RANCH POTATOES.
What Is A Sweet Potato?
So, there is some confusion. As you go through your produce aisle, sometimes the yams are labeled as yams, and sometimes the sweet potatoes are labeled sweet potatoes.
First off, they are two different vegetables. They are not from the same family of plants.
A Yam is native to either Africa or Asia. They are characterized by brown skin with blackish marks and have either white, purple, or reddish flesh.
They are considered to be starchier than sweet potatoes.
A Sweet Potato is either white, yellow, red, purple, or brown. The inside of the sweet potato is either white, yellow, or orange.
Sweet potatoes are more common in America’s grocery stores. Around Thanksgiving time, you can probably find some true yams in the grocery store.
Baked Sweet Potato
There is something magical about making baked sweet potatoes, but don’t wait until Thanksgiving or November to start making these. They are amazing year-round.
I usually love to pile on the toppings, my favorites being butter, ground cinnamon, and brown sugar–truly amazing.
You can serve them with almost anything from a simple steak dinner to a lobster tail dinner, all amazing and the perfect side dish.
Traditional oven roasting works well, but it takes so long, so even on a hot August day, you can make these without getting your entire kitchen hot.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Toppings: Sour Cream, Butter, Sliced Green Onions, Diced Cooked Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, etc.
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
Start by cleaning your sweet potato (s) with water, and then dry them off completely. Use the olive oil and rub it into the skins, making sure they are all well coated.
Set into the air fryer at 35-45 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. When the skin can be pierced with a fork, remove it from the air fryer. Let the sweet potatoes rest for about 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.
How To Pick A Great Sweet Potato-
- Look for orange skin; these are the most variety.
- Look for firm sweet potatoes.
- Skip the sweet potatoes with sprouts or discolorations of the skins.
- Look for the same size, as they will either bake or air fryer at the same time.
- Look for medium-sized sweet potatoes, as the larger they are, the starchier they become.
Some Tips For Getting the Best Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes-
- Choose the sweet potatoes that are roughly the same size, so they have the same cooking time.
- Let your sweet potatoes rest after air frying.
- Do not crowd the basket, as they will not cook correctly.
- Rub the sweet potato with olive oil; this gives for nice crispy skin.
- You do not need to soak the potato in water or pierce the skin. Just clean it and put it right into the air fryer basket.
- The larger the sweet potato, the longer it will take for the air fryer to bake.
What Can You Top Your Air Fryer Sweet Potato With?
- Salt & pepper
- Sour Cream & chives
- Butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon
Why do you Soak potatoes in water before air frying?
When you make homemade air fryer French fries, either regular potatoes or sweet potato fries, you soak them.
The reason is that it removes the starches from the potatoes and ensures that you get a crispy and delicious air-fried French Fry.
Some Helpful Products Used In Preparing Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Do Not Forget To Pin,
- 1–2 Medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Toppings: Sour cream, butter, sliced green onions, diced bacon, cheese, etc.
- Start by cleaning your sweet potato (s) with water, and then dry them off completely.
- Use the olive oil and rub it into the skins, making sure they are all well coated.
- Set into the air fryer at 35-45 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- When the skin can be pierced with a fork, remove it from the air fryer.
- Let the sweet potatoes rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 937Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 2792mgCarbohydrates: 143gFiber: 23gSugar: 45gProtein: 23g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.