If you have been looking for the perfect recipe for baking sweet potatoes in your air fryer, you will love it, and they are ready in less than 30 minutes!
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes make for a fantastic side dish or vegan meal that is amazing when prepared in the Air Fryer!
With Thanksgiving coming up, I wanted to update my post, to add some tips and tricks. So, today, I am presenting You with the Easy Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato Recipe.
If you are unfamiliar with sweet potato, it has two names, yam and sweet potato. You can usually tell them in the potato aisle due to their orange skin color. There is nothing like an air-fried baked sweet potato. And it is so easy. The skin gets nice and crisp, while the inside stays nice and fluffy.
Looking for some more easy and delicious air fryer potato recipes? Some of my favorites are AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES, AIR FRYER GARLIC ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES, AIR FRYER SYRACUSE SALTED POTATOES, and AIR FRYER OVEN GOLD RANCH POTATOES.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick! Nothing cooks sweet potatoes better than the air fryer; the sweet potatoes are done in less than thirty minutes!
- Easy! Nothing easier than adding your sweet potatoes or yams to the air fryer basket!
- Healthy!; No need to add additional oil or butter to the recipe, give you fewer calories! A healthier side dish!
- Great For Meal Prep! You can use cooked sweet potatoes for many meals, from a loaded sweet potato to a filling in your tacos or even as baby food!
With only a few simple ingredients, you can cook these roasted sweet potatoes in your air fryer!
- Sweet Potatoes: Any size of sweet potatoes will work for this recipe; try to get a few that are about the same size, so they cook up at the same time.
- Olive Oil: This will give you crisp skin that makes air fryer whole sweet potatoes amazing!
- Sea Salt: Or Kosher Salt
- Toppings: Sour Cream, Butter, Sliced Green Onions, Diced Cooked Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, etc.
How To Bake Sweet Potatoes In Air Fryer
Step One; Prepare Sweet Potatoes For Air Fryer
Start by cleaning your sweet potato with cold water, then dry them thoroughly with a kitchen towel or paper towel. Use the olive oil and rub it into the skins, ensuring they are all well coated. Poke a few holes into the sweet potatoes so they don’t explode in the air fryer.
Step Two: Cook In The Air Fryer
Set into the air fryer for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. When the potatoes are fork-tender, remove them from the air fryer. Let the sweet potatoes rest for about 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Tips For Roasted Sweet Potatoes Air Fryer
- Choose sweet potatoes that are roughly the same size so they have the same cooking time.
- Let your sweet potatoes rest after air frying.
- Do not crowd the basket, as they will not cook correctly.
- Rub the sweet potato with olive oil; this gives for nice crispy skin.
- The larger the sweet potato, the longer it will take for the air fryer to bake.
Whole Sweet Potato Air Fryer Toppings
- Salt & pepper
- Sour Cream & chives
- Butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon
Sweet Potato Baking Times
For best results, bake the sweet potatoes are 400 degrees F; the cooking time will depend on how big the sweet potatoes are.
You can cube or dice them into bite-sized pieces for a quick side dish, which will help speed up the cooking process.
This is a great recipe that you can make ahead of time, perfect for those busy weeknights or Holiday Meals, and of course, sweet potatoes are perfect for meal prep.
- Store: Let the sweet potatoes cool to room tmepaur, and then place into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigoetor fo 2-3 days.
- Freeze: Let the sweet potatoes cool to room temperature and then place them into a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. They will last for 2-3 months.
- Reheating; Reheat your sweet potatoes in the air fryer, and set the cooking time for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CURRY TOFU
- AIR FRYER DOUBLE CHOCOLATE SEA SALT CUPCAKES
- HONEY-ROASTED WALNUTS AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER FRENCH ONION CHEESE BREAD
- AIR FRYER RANCH PORK CHOPS
Do Not Forget To Pin,
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes are a great way to enjoy a healthy snack without all the added calories. This amazing appliance allows you to save time and effort and gives you an incredibly tasty and nutritious meal that everyone in the family can enjoy.
These sweet potatoes make a perfect side dish or main course, from crispy skins and fluffy insides to delicious toppings. With so many different recipes available online, it’s easy to find the perfect one for your diet and lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for something quick and easy or comforting and soulful, these Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes have everything: convenience, health benefits, and amazing flavor! So take the time out of your day and treat yourself with this satisfying snack that’s sure to please all!
Don’t Forget To Follow Us Along on Social Media; Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok, and Join Our Facebook Page and group for all your Air Fryer Recipes and Tips!
There is nothing better than a slow-roasted sweet potato. The air fryer does a great job roasting them, and the olive oil really brings out the nutty flavor.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
Start by cleaning your sweet potato (s) with water, then dry them completely.
Use the olive oil and rub it into the skins, ensuring they are all well coated.
Set into the air fryer for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
When the skin can be pierced with a fork, remove it from the air fryer.
Let the sweet potatoes rest for about 5 minutes.
Serve with your favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply