Do you crave the crunchy, deliciously salty, and sweet taste of honey-roasted walnuts? You’re in luck! With the help of an air fryer and just 15 minutes, you can easily make honey-roasted walnuts that are perfect as a snack or topping for salads, oatmeal bowls, or anything else you desire.
This recipe will show you how to whip up some delectable air-fried honey-roasted walnuts in a minute, thanks to your air fryer!
The Best Recipe For Air Fryer Honey Roasted Walnuts
Roasting walnuts in the air fryer has never been easier! If you have been looking for a tasty snack or appetizer for your next party, this is the recipe.
With less than 10 minutes, you can have an amazing and delicious snack, perfect for a potluck, holiday appetizer, or even on your next game day!
Whether you call them honeyed almonds, glazed nuts, sweet nuts, or even flavored nuts, you will love these!
Why You Wil Love This Easy Air Fryer Snack Recipe
Love your new air fryer? Looking for a great snack? You will love roasting your own nuts in the air fryer! Before my first air fryer, I would buy my roasted nuts at Trader Joe’s; here is why I love making my own Honey Roasted Walnuts in my air fryer.
- Cheaper Than Buying
- Homemade, You know what’s in your recipe!
- Meal Prep: Great For Meal Prep! I love roasting a batch at the beginning of the week and then throwing them into my kid’s lunches or on top of a salad or yogurt!
Ingredients Needed For Honey Roasted Walnuts Air Fryer
or anybody who loves to cook, the ability to make a delicious snack for your family is always a welcome treat. This recipe for honey-roasted walnuts in an air fryer is the perfect solution: uncomplicated, total comfort food that can be put together quickly with just a few simple ingredients! Whether you like them salty or sweet, crunchy or soft and chewy – these nuts will satisfy whatever taste you want. Ready to give it a go? Here’s what you need:
Remember the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- Walnuts: Use raw walnut halves or pieces
- Granulated Sugar: You can also sue a sugar substitute if you are looking for a diabetic-friendly candied nut recipe for your air fryer!
- Honey: You can also use maple syrup, adding some sweetness to the roasted walnuts.
- Butter: You can also use ghee or olive oil.
- Seasoning and Spices: Granulated Cinnamon and Kosher Salt (or Sea Salt)
How To Make Honey Roasted Walnuts Air Fryer
Step One: Preheat Your Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 350℉. Line the tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil to prevent the syrup from dripping and burning on the bottom.
Step Two: Prepare Your Ingredients
Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined. Make sure the sugar has started to melt and the sugar has dissolved.
Step Three: Air Fry
Add the walnuts to the air fryer basket, then set the cook time for 6-10 minutes at 350 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Shake the basket frequently during the cooking process.
Step Four: Seasoning Your Honey Roasted Walnuts
Transfer the roasted walnuts to a large bowl, season your walnuts with additional Kosher or Sea Salt, and mix well.
- Nuts: While today we used walnuts, you can also use almonds, pecans, cashews, or other nuts you wish. Make sure they are not roasted; you want to start with raw nuts.
- Add-Ins: There are many ways to add some toppings; some popular ones are flaked coconut, sprinkles, and crushed candy.
- Cooling: It’s important that you let your walnuts cool before transferring them to an airtight container. This way, the coating will stay on the walnuts.
- Stir: You must shake the basket or stir the walnuts as they cook up. This walnuts your walnuts roast up evenly.
Tools Used: Equipment Needed
While I have a lot of different air fryers, I have tested this recipe in both the basket-style air fryer and oven-style air fryer; the recipe will work the same.
- Philips Premium Airfryer XXL with Fat Removal Technology, 3lb/7qt, Black, HD9650/96
- Instant Vortex Plus 10-Quart Air Fryer, From the Makers of Instant Pot, 7-in-10 Functions, with EvenCrisp Technology, App with over 100 Recipes, Stainless Steel
How To Serve Honey-Roasted Walnuts
Honey-roasted walnuts are a delicious and nutritious snack that can add flavor and texture to oatmeal, salads, yogurt, and other dishes.
Gifting: This is a very popular item to gift; add some gifting bags and your honey walnuts to each bag.
How To Store
After you let them cool to room temperature, place them into an airtight container. They will last for 1-2 weeks in a dry, cool place.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER FRENCH ONION CHEESE BREAD
- AIR FRYER RANCH PORK CHOPS
- SPICY AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES
- AIR FRYER TRES LECHES CUPCAKES
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CUPCAKES
- BROCCOLI AND SAUSAGE IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER SWEET CHILI CHICKEN BITES
- AIR FRYER JALAPENO CHEDDAR QUICKBREAD
In conclusion, making honey-roasted walnuts in an air fryer is excellent for those looking for a healthier take on a classic snack. It can easily be done in the comfort of your own home with minimal ingredients and time involved. Not only are they healthier, but they also taste fantastic; sweet, crunchy, and just salty enough to make them irresistible. The combination of flavors achieved by using honey and spices is extraordinary. That being said, if you haven’t had the chance to enjoy this delicious treat yet — don’t wait any longer! Be careful when taking it out of the air fryer, as nuts can get very hot. So try out this recipe and tell us how much you liked it! We guarantee you won’t regret trying this quick and easy homemade version of honey-roasted walnuts — yum!
Honey Roasted Walnuts Air Fryer
- 2 cups walnuts, raw
- 1 tablespoon butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey, or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoon granulated sugar, or sugar subsitute
- Preheat the air fryer to 350℉. Line the tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil to prevent the syrup from dripping and burning on the bottom.
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined. Make sure the sugar has started to melt and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the walnuts to the air fryer basket, then set the cooking time for 6-10 minutes at 350 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Shake the basket frequently during the cooking process.
- Transfer the roasted walnuts to a large bowl, season your walnuts with additional Kosher or Sea Salt, and mix well.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper Liner, or Aluminum Foil