Air Fryer Sweet Chili Chicken Bites — every day is a new day, and with it comes new opportunities. Now, I am not talking about the chance to get out of bed and start your day off right- though that would be awesome. I refer to the opportunity we have each day to try something new in our kitchen. These Air Fryer Sweet Chili Chicken Bites are one such recipe!
Do you enjoy eating Thai food? If so, then these sweet chili chicken bites will be perfect for you. They are easy to make and even easier to eat! All it takes is a few ingredients, most of which are probably in your pantry now, to whip up this fantastic appetizer or quick dinner or lunch! Oh, so good!
Try out this delicious recipe tonight with your family or friends and see what they think of these savory morsels. Your taste buds with thank you!
What Are Sweet Chili Chicken Bites?
When you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner, the answer is often right in your kitchen. These Sweet Chili Chicken Bites are perfect for when you don’t know what to cook or want to save time.
They come together in minutes and can be served as an appetizer or a main dish with rice. As the name implies, these tasty bites feature chicken coated in sweet chili sauce and air fried until they’re nice and crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside! It’s hard not to love this recipe because it is so simple yet delicious!
This is a great and easy meal to make right in your air fryer!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Sweet Chili Chicken Bites
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- All-Purpose Flour
- Rice Vinegar
- Fish or Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Sambal Oelek
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, and Sweet Paprika
How To Make Sweet Chili Chicken Bites In Your Air Fryer
Cut your chicken into 1 to 2-inch pieces, then dry them with a paper towel. Place the diced chicken breast into a bowl, and add the salt, pepper, and paprika.
In one bowl, add your flour. In another bowl, add your eggs (beaten with a fork and in the last bowl, add your bread crumbs. Dip your chicken into flour, then egg wash, and the bread crumbs.
As you coat your chicken, place them into a greased air fryer basket with cooking spray, or use a reusable silicone liner. Spray the entire chicken with cooking spray, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 to 8 minutes. (the internal temperature of chicken will need to be 165 degrees F before you remove your chicken)
Depending on the air fryer you own, you may need to flip your chicken halfway during the cooking process. Mix the cooked chicken with the sauce right before serving.
Garnish with the green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Chicken: Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Chicken Tenders will work best for this recipe. However, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs to create a meater dish.
Sauce: If you have never used Sambal Oelek before, it’s a red chili paste that is very common in Indosianean. If you like your Sweet Chicken Bites spicer, add some more. If you like it less spicer, add less.
Size: Make sure to cut your chicken into equal size portions so that they all air fry up simultaneously.
What To Serve The Chicken Bites With?
What do you serve with your sweet chili chicken bites? It’s a question that is often asked when people are making food. What should I put on the side of my chicken bites, or what should I dip them in?
I typically serve them with a bowl of Jasmine Rice, made in the Instant Pot or on the stove. You can also serve it with a healthy garden salad, air-fried broccoli, Air Fryer Zucchini Noodles, or even a simple Air Fryer Baked Potato.
How To Store:
This delicious, juicy chicken will be the star of your next dinner party. It’s great as an option for those who don’t like meat or need something different from time to time!
You can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for two days. I recommend heating some sauce and microwaving on low power ( careful not to overcook it )
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BOSTON BROWN BREAD
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS MAPLE BACON CROISSANTS
- AIR FRYER MAPLE BACON DIP
- AIR FRYER PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO
Air Fryer Sweet Chili Chicken Bites
Sweet Chili Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
Sweet Chili Sauce:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Serving: Sliced Green Onions, Sesame Seeds
- Cut your chicken into 1 to 2-inch pieces, then dry them with a paper towel.
- Place the diced chicken breast into a bowl, and add the salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In one bowl, add your flour, in another bowl add your eggs (beaten with a fork and in the last bowl, add your bread crumbs.
- Dip your chicken into flour, then egg wash and then the bread crumbs.
- As you coat your chicken, place them into a greased air fryer basket, with cooking spray, or use a reusable silicone liner.
- Spray the entire chicken with cooking spray, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 to 8 minutes. (the internal temperature of chicken will need to be 165 degrees F before you remove your chicken))
- Depending on the air fryer you own, you may need to flip your chicken halfway during the cooking process.
- Mix the cooked chicken with the sauce, right before serving.
- Garnish with the sliced green onions and sesame seeds, right before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer