Do you love Thai food but wish it didn’t require so much time in the kitchen? Well, these Air Fryer Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Wings are perfect for you! They can be made and cooked in less than an hour.
It’s football season, and we all know what that means! Watching games, cheering with friends, and of course – eating wings. But this year could be a little different because you might want to try something new. Air fryers are the newest trend in cooking, so why not use them for your next meal? These Air Fryer Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Wings take only minutes to cook and give you a crispy outside with a sweet chili sauce on the inside. You won’t regret trying these out!
Are you looking for a healthier alternative to deep-frying? These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are the perfect solution. They are easy to prepare, have less mess, and taste just as good as fried chicken!
We all love to snack on chicken wings, but what if I told you that air fryer chicken wings are the perfect option for an easy weeknight meal? What’s better is that you can cook them in less time than oven-fried wings. This blog post will tell you how to cook them and offer some tasty recipes!
If you have been looking for some great Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes, some of my favorites are Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Dry Rubbed Chicken Wings, and Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce.
What Are Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Wings?
Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Wings are a signature dish of Thai cuisine. They involve cooking the wings and then frying them in a wok with a homemade sweet chili sauce. The result is succulent, crispy chicken that is great for snacking or as an appetizer when you have your guests over!
And they are so good! There is nothing better than a hot plate of fresh wings!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Sesame Oil
- Chili Flakes
- Minced Garlic
- Hoisin Sauce
How To Make Air Fryer Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
Mix the chicken ingredients, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 180-degree C / 350-degrees F, air fryer setting. Brush the basket with little olive oil and put the chicken wings in it (7-8 per batch)—brush olive oil on the top of the wings. Cook for 10 minutes on one side, then turn the chicken wings and cook for another 7-8 minutes or golden brown. Repeat with other chicken wings.
Next, mix all the sauce ingredients, Thai sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili flakes, black pepper, minced garlic, Hoisin Sauce, cornstarch, and water. Heat a pan and add the sauce. Mix until the sauce thickens and becomes a little sticky.
Add the air-fried chicken wings and toss them to coat properly.
Serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro and red chili flakes (You can also use sesame seeds and green onions for garnishing).
Can I Double the Recipe?
The answer is yes; you can double the recipe. However, it’s best to have a few tips on how to do so.
1) Follow the original recipe as closely as possible. Double all ingredients.
2) Do not crowd the Air Fryer Basket. Otherwise, they will not cook up properly. For air frying chicken wings, you really want a single layer. This way, all of the chicken fully cooks up to perfection.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
Do you want to cook your food without the use of oil? Do you want to try air frying but don’t know where to start? There are many different options on the market.
I have a lot of Air Fryers, a couple of my favorites are:
Instant Pot Vortex 4 In 1: Instant Vortex 4-in-1 Basket Air Fryer with 4 Customizable One-Touch Cooking Programs, Digital Touchscreen, Large Non-Stick Fryer Basket, and 6 Quart Capacity, Black
GoWise: GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer with Recipe Book, Black
Can I Bake these in a traditional oven?
Yes, although you will not get the same flavor. To bake this batch of Air Fryer Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Wings in the oven.
Prepare as directed, place the chicken wings on a greased baking sheet, pop the baking sheet into a preheated oven of 400 degrees F, and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Flip about halfway during the cooking process, and then transfer them to the skillet to finish the recipe.
How long do chicken wings take in an air fryer?
Depending on what air fryer you own, they will take you between 18 to 20 minutes to cook fully.
How To Serve:
Everybody loves a good chicken wing. Whether you’re grilling them up for a party or air frying them in the kitchen, they always seem to be a hit! But how do you serve them?
There are many ways to prepare wings that will suit your taste buds and your guests. Wings can be fried with butter, baked with sauce, tossed in buffalo sauce, and put straight in the air fryer. The possibilities are endless when it comes to serving these tasty treats at any event. So what’s the best way to serve chicken wings? That’s right- it all depends on you!
You can either serve them as an appetizer, snack or you can make these Air Fryer Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Wings as part of a dinner or lunch. Some great items that pair well with them are rice, noodles, or a plate of steamed vegetables.
Some Great Air Fryer Side Dishes:
- 1. pound of chicken wings
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder.
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed in 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ cup water
- Mix the chicken ingredients, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 180-degree C / 350-degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Brush the basket with little olive oil and put the chicken wings in it (7-8 per batch)—brush olive oil on the top of the wings.
- Cook for 10 minutes on one side, then turn the chicken wings and cook for another 7-8 minutes or golden brown. Repeat with other chicken wings.
- Next, mix all the sauce ingredients, Thai sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili flakes, black pepper, minced garlic, Hoisin Sauce, cornstarch, and water. Heat a pan and add the sauce.
- Mix until the sauce thickens and becomes a little sticky.
- Add the air-fried chicken wings and toss them to coat properly.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro and red chili flakes (You can also use sesame seeds and green onions for garnishing).
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
STORAGE: You can store the sweet chili chicken wings in an airtight container for 3 days in the refrigerator or around 2 months in the freezer.
- Dry the chicken wings using a paper towel to remove excess liquids.
- Let the cooked chicken rest for about 5 minutes before tossing them in the sauce. Doing so will help the chicken to stay crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 545Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1009mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 20g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.