There is nothing quite like a meat and potato meal. It is one of the most classic meals, you have in America.
Everyone loves potatoes! And good to know that there are hundreds of ways to cook them. Whether you want to use the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker), air fryer or just make them in your oven, they all full of flavor. The key to a great dish is spices, you need to use lots of different spices in your potato dish until you find one that you really like on potatoes. I used to hate salt on my potatoes, but my son loves them, so one day, I let him season them. I realize that good old salt and pepper, applied in LARGE quantities, really seasoned the potatoes well, so after that, I used to add more than I usually did, and everyone complimented me on my potato dishes. So, experiment, find out what spice you like and adapt it to any potato recipe.
Another great reason for using potatoes as your side dish is that they are so budget-friendly, these are usually on sale at the grocery store, at least twice a month, so take that time and grab yourself a package/bundle. You can literally turn one package of potatoes for about $3.00 for a 5-pound bag, into about 3 dishes. So, that’s a real budget saver.
Here are some great hints for storing potatoes:
- Store potatoes in a cold, well-ventilated area.
- Never store potatoes in the refrigerator, any temperature lower than 50 degrees F, changes the texture of the potato and will affect the taste of the potato dish.
- If you do choose to store potatoes in the refrigerator, let them slowly come to room temperature, before you cook the potatoes.
- Paper bags work amazingly when you are storing potatoes
- Do not wash potatoes, before storing them.
- If your potatoes have started to sprout, do not despair, just simply cut the sprout off, they are still safe to eat.
- If your potatoes have turned green, this is due to a chemical called Solanine, which means that the potato should be discarded, note: eating them in large quantities can cause you to get ill, so it’s best to throw away.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
These are so easy to make and so delicious. You can do lots of things with sweet potatoes, the air fryer really brings out a great nutty flavor, when air frying them.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4–5 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by scrubbing the potatoes, and then dry them.
- Rub the sweet potatoes with olive oil.
- Place in the air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 400 degrees for 30 minutes (no need to prick them)
- Check after 30 minutes, are they fork tender? If so remove them, if not add another 5-10 minutes. The actual time is going to depend on how big the potatoes are, what air fryer you own, and the wattage of the air fryer.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: how long to cook sweet potato in air fryer air fryer sweet potato slices air fryer sweet potato hash how to bake sweet potato using airfryer japanese sweet potato air fryer nuwave air fryer sweet potato fries baked sweet potato sweet potato in fryer