There is nothing quite like a meat and potato meal. It is one of the most classic meals, you have in America.
Everyone loves potatoes! And good to know that there are hundreds of ways to cook them. Whether you want to use the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker), air fryer, or just make them in your oven, they all full of flavor. The key to a great dish is spices, you need to use lots of different spices in your potato dish until you find one that you really like on potatoes. I used to hate salt on my potatoes, but my son loves them, so one day, I let him season them. I realize that good old salt and pepper, applied in LARGE quantities, really seasoned the potatoes well, so after that, I used to add more than I usually did, and everyone complimented me on my potato dishes. So, experiment, find out what spice you like, and adapt it to any potato recipe.
Another great reason for using potatoes as your side dish is that they are so budget-friendly, these are usually on sale at the grocery store, at least twice a month, so take that time and grab yourself a package/bundle. You can literally turn one package of potatoes for about $3.00 for a 5-pound bag, into about 3 dishes. So, that’s a real budget saver.
Here are some great hints for storing potatoes:
- Store potatoes in a cold, well-ventilated area.
- Never store potatoes in the refrigerator, any temperature lower than 50 degrees F, changes the texture of the potato and will affect the taste of the potato dish.
- If you do choose to store potatoes in the refrigerator, let them slowly come to room temperature, before you cook the potatoes.
- Paper bags work amazingly when you are storing potatoes
- Do not wash potatoes, before storing them.
- If your potatoes have started to sprout, do not despair, just simply cut the sprout off, they are still safe to eat.
- If your potatoes have turned green, this is due to a chemical called Solanine, which means that the potato should be discarded, note: eating them in large quantities can cause you to get ill, so it’s best to throw away.
Here are the simple instructions, so you can make them in your very own air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Everyone loves sweet potato fries, they are so easy to make and make a great addition to any meal. I like my french fries crispy, so I found that the key is to change the temperature during the air frying time.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- Start by peeling your sweet potatoes and then cutting them into 1/2 inch pieces. As you cut them, place them into a large bowl.
- Add the vegetable oil, and salt and mix well.
- Spread them on a single layer (so they cook evenly) onto your air fryer tray or in your air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 200 degrees F, for 10 minutes, then shake the basket or flip the sweet potato fries with tongs (if you have an air fryer oven) and increase the temperature to 400 degrees F, for another 10 minutes (all on-air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
To make the sauce, simply mix the mayonnaise and honey mustard in a small mixing bowl.
Keywords: sweet dipping sauce for sweet potato fries sweet potato fries dipping sauce millers ale house sweet potato fries dipping sauce applebees sweet potato fries dipping sauce vegan dipping sauce for sweet potato fries sweet potato fries dipping sauce sour cream fry sauce for sweet potato fries cream cheese dipping sauce for sweet potato fries