I love a platter of great potato skins, but these are so much easier, and my kids loved them, so today, I will show you how to make the easiest Air Fryer Easy Potato Skin Recipe.
Look no further if you are looking for the perfect snack or appetizer. These quick-loaded potato skins have a crispy potato topped with melted cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and sour cream. It’s everything you want in a GREAT POTATO SKIN!
With the big game coming up, serve these along with traditional game-day air fryer appetizers, such as Air Fryer Buffalo Wings, Air Fryer Pigs In A Blanket, or Even Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks, all favorites at any SuperBowl party.
Tempting Air Fryer Potato Skins: A Quick & Delicious Treat!
Attention all potato lovers! If the thought of crispy potato skins loaded with melty cheese and various toppings makes your heart flutter, you’re in for a real treat. We’re taking this classic appetizer to new heights with the help of our trusty air fryer. Gone are the days of waiting for the oven to perfectly crisp your potato skins.
You can achieve that ideal crispiness in less time and with less oil with the air fryer. Perfect for game nights, family gatherings, or even a unique side dish, our Air Fryer Potato Skins recipe is set to become your new go-to.
Dive into the steps below and get ready to savor every bite!
Ingredients Needed For Easy Potato Skin Air Fryer
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious appetizer to add to your next party or get-together, try this ultra-crispy potato skin air fryer recipe! It requires minimal effort yet offers maximum flavor – your guests won’t resist snacking on these tasty potato bites.
Making the perfect crisp potato skins is easier than ever with the help of an air fryer. This versatile kitchen item has revolutionized cooking, as it produces basically restaurant-quality dishes in a fraction of the time.
All that’s left after reading this post will be gathering the ingredients needed to make these yummy snacks at home!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingreint list are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Russet Potatoes: A starchy potato perfect for creating a fluffy interior while maintaining a crispy exterior. Choose medium-sized ones for a perfect bite.
- Olive Oil: Used for brushing the potato skins to ensure they crisp up beautifully in the air fryer. It also adds a mild, earthy flavor.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: The cheese melts beautifully, contrasting the crispy potato with a creamy, savory contrast.
- Cooked Bacon Bits: These add a salty crunch that complements the soft potato and melted cheese.
- Green Onions (Scallions): Freshly chopped, these add a touch of color and a mild onion flavor without being overpowering.
- Sour Cream: Served on the side or dolloped on top, its tanginess is the perfect counterpoint to the rich cheese and bacon.
- Salt: Enhances the natural flavor of the potato and other toppings.
- Ground Black Pepper: A sprinkle adds a slight kick and complements the savory taste.
- Optional toppings: Consider other toppings like jalapeños, sautéed mushrooms, or diced bell peppers to customize your potato skins to your liking.
How To Make Easy Potato Skins In Air Fryer
If you’re searching for a tasty snack that’s easy to make and healthy, look no further than this recipe for air fryer potato skins! These delicious bites of crispy potatoes melted cheese, and bacon will tantalize your taste buds.
With minimal ingredients and preparation time required, they’re the perfect treat when you want something savory without all the fuss. Follow our step-by-step instructions below to learn how to turn basic potatoes into an irresistible crunchy snack in just minutes!
Step One: Prepare Your Potato Slices
Start by washing your potatoes, then slice them into about 1/2-inch slices. Either pour melted butter on top of olive oil on them. Make sure that they are covered with oil or butter.
Step Two: Air Fryer Easy Potato Slices
Set into the air fryer basket at a cook time for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees F using an air fryer setting.
When the potatoes are fork-tender, add a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top, then set back into the air fryer until melted. Top with sour cream, bacon bits, and fresh herbs.
Pro Tips For Making Easy Loaded Potato Skins In Air Fryer
- Choose the Right Potatoes: Opt for medium-sized russet potatoes. Their skin gets particularly crispy when air fried, and their shape is ideal for filling.
- Even Scooping: When hollowing out the potatoes, try to maintain an even thickness throughout the skin. This ensures even cooking and a consistent texture.
- Don’t Overcrowd: When placing the potato skins in the air fryer, ensure they aren’t touching. This will make sure they cook evenly and get that desired crispiness on all sides.
- Season Generously: The potato’s skin can handle and benefit from a good seasoning. Don’t be shy with your salt, pepper, or other preferred seasonings.
- Use Fresh Ingredients: When it comes to toppings, like bacon bits or green onions, fresh is best. Crisping up your own bacon and chopping it can make a big difference in flavor.
- Precook Fillings: If you’re adding meat or any filling that needs to be cooked (like bacon or sausage), ensure it’s fully cooked before adding it to the potato skins.
- Monitor Closely: All air fryers are a bit different, so keep an eye on your potato skins, especially the first time you make them. Check for the desired crispiness and ensure they don’t burn.
- Reheat Like a Pro: If you have leftovers, reheat them in the air fryer to regain that fresh-out-of-the-fryer crispness. It’ll be much better than using a microwave.
- Customize Toppings: Potato skins are versatile. Feel free to experiment with toppings like pulled pork, buffalo chicken, or even vegetarian options like sautéed mushrooms and spinach.
- Serve Immediately: For the best taste and texture, serve the potato skins hot right after they come out of the air fryer.
With these pro tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to creating the most delicious and crispy loaded potato skins right in your air fryer!
Can I use sweet potatoes instead of russet potatoes?
Absolutely! Sweet potatoes can be a delicious and healthier alternative. The cooking time might vary slightly, so keep an eye on them.
Do I need to pre-cook the potatoes before air frying?
Yes, it’s recommended to partially cook the potatoes, either by baking or boiling, so they’re soft enough to scoop out the inside.
Can I make these ahead of time and reheat later?
You can prep and hollow out the potatoes in advance. However, for the best results, air fry them just before serving and then add the toppings.
How long can I store leftover potato skins in the refrigerator?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer for best texture.
Can I freeze prepared but uncooked potato skins?
Yes! After preparing the potato skins (but before air frying), place them on a baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer them to a zip-top bag and store for up to 3 months. You can air fry straight from the freezer, just add a few more minutes to the cooking time.
Is it necessary to oil the outside of the potato skins before air frying?
While not absolutely necessary, a light brushing of oil can help achieve a crisper, golden exterior.
What other dips can I serve with potato skins?
Ranch dressing, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa are all popular choices to accompany potato skins.
I don’t have lemon pepper seasoning. What can I use instead?
You can use a combination of regular pepper, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and a bit of lemon zest to mimic the flavor.
Can I make these vegetarian or vegan?
Definitely! For a vegetarian version, simply omit any meat toppings. For a vegan version, use dairy-free cheese and vegan toppings of your choice.
Why did my potato skins come out soggy?
Ensure your air fryer is not overcrowded and there’s enough space for the hot air to circulate. Additionally, the moisture content of the potatoes can vary; patting them dry before air frying can help.
Don’t Forget To Pin Air Fryer Easy Potato Skin Recipe!
Air Fryer Easy Potato Skin Recipe
- 2 large Russett Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter , or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-2 slices bacon, crumbled cooked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh herbs for serving, optional
- Start by washing your potatoes, and then slice into about 1/2 inch slices. Either pour melted butter on top of olive oil on them. Make sure that they are covered with oil or butter, season with salt.
- Set into the air fryer basket for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- When the potatoes are fork-tender, add a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top, and then set back into the air fryer until melted. Top with sour cream, bacon bits, and fresh herbs.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional