Have you been looking for a way to make frozen potato skins in the air fryer? This is the perfect way, whether you are looking for a game day treat, a quick appetizer, or love potato skins. The air fryer is the ideal way to cook them up!
The Best Frozen Potato Skins Air Fryer Recipe
Make this delicious appetizer for crispy frozen potato skins in the air fryer and load them with all your favorite toppings. This simple recipe is a crowd-pleaser and is ready in under 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Skins
This potato skins air fryer recipe is ideal for a party appetizer, side dish, or football season snacking. Loaded with melty cheese and crispy bacon, you can’t go wrong with Frozen Loaded Potato Skins!
We are all about easy at our house! And let me tell you…potato skins in the air fryer are incredibly EASY! Since they are frozen and premade, you only have to worry about cooking and adding toppings.
Are you looking for more air fryer appetizers?
Are you looking for more air fryer appetizers? We have you covered with these dishes: Air Fryer Cream Cheese Rangoon, Air Fryer Meat Pies, Beef Empanadas, and Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks In The Air Fryer.
Why You’ll Love Frozen Potato Skins In Air Fryer
- They cook FAST!
- All you need is a box of frozen potato skins + toppings of your choice
- Kids and adults love them
- Great for parties and entertaining
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Skins
Prepare your taste buds for a delightful treat with our Air Fryer Frozen Potato Skins Recipe! 🥔✨ These crispy, cheesy potato skins are a beloved snack or appetizer perfect for game day, parties, or whenever you crave savory goodness. The beauty of this recipe is that you can take the convenient route by using frozen potato skins, saving you time without sacrificing flavor. To get started, let’s explore the key ingredients to make these irresistible skins a reality. Get ready for a delicious journey into the world of air-fried perfection!
Remember the step-by-step instructions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Potato Skins: The star of the dish! You can find frozen potato skins in the freezer section of most grocery stores. These are typically pre-cooked and hollowed out, ready for filling.
- Cooking Spray: Cooking spray coats the potato skins before air frying lightly. It helps achieve a crispy and golden exterior.
- Shredded Cheese: Cheddar cheese is a classic choice for potato skins, but you can also use other varieties like mozzarella or pepper jack. It adds a creamy and savory element.
- Bacon Bits: Crispy bacon bits or crumbles add a smoky, salty flavor that pairs wonderfully with the potato and cheese.
- Sour Cream: A dollop of sour cream accompanies potato skins, providing a cool and tangy contrast to the richness of the cheese and bacon.
- Chives (Optional): Fresh chives, finely chopped, are a traditional garnish that adds a mild onion flavor and a pop of color.
- Green Onions (Optional): Sliced green onions offer a slightly sharper onion flavor and additional freshness.
- Jalapeño Slices (Optional): If you like heat, add sliced jalapeños for a spicy kick.
- Ranch Dressing (Optional): Ranch dressing can be drizzled over the finished potato skins for extra flavor.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: Season the potato skins with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to enhance their flavor.
Click here for other easy appetizer recipes.
How To Cook Frozen Potato Skins In Air Fryer or Air Fryer Oven
Are you looking for a delicious and easy way to prepare frozen potato skins? You won’t want to miss this recipe! Using an air fryer, you can quickly and easily make tasty and crisp potato skins in no time.
We’ll outline the simple steps needed to create perfect potato dishes that your whole family will love every time. From how long to cook them, what ingredients taste best, or tips on making crispy fried potatoes – we have it covered in our guide below! Let’s start so you can enjoy this delicious treat sooner rather than later.
Preheat the Air Fryer:
Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F (190°C) for 3-5 minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and a crispy result.
Lightly Coat with Cooking Spray:
Spray the skin of a potato with cooking spray or brush with olive oil. This helps them become crispy when air-fried.
Arrange in the Air Fryer:
Place the potato skins in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket or air fryer tray. If you have a large batch, you may need to cook them in batches to avoid overcrowding.
Air Fry the Potato Skins:
Set cook time for 10-12 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, carefully flip them using tongs or a fork for even browning.
Add Cheese and Bacon Bits:
In the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, sprinkle shredded cheese and bacon bits over each potato skin. Close the air fryer and let the cheese melt.
Check for Crispy Perfection:
Keep an eye on the potato skins. They are done when they are golden brown and crispy. The cheese should be melted and bubbly.
Serve and Garnish:
Carefully remove the potato skins from the air fryer and place them on a serving plate. Garnish with sour cream, chopped chives, green onions, jalapeño slices, and a drizzle of ranch dressing if desired. Season the potato skins with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Serve your hot and crispy Air Fryer Frozen Potato Skins immediately as a tasty snack, appetizer, or party favorite.
These potato skins are a crowd-pleaser, and the air fryer ensures they come out perfectly crispy every time. Customize them with your favorite toppings and savor the cheesy, bacon-filled delight! 🥔🧀🥓😋
Pro Tips For Cooking Frozen Potato Skins In Air Fryer
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheating is crucial for even cooking and achieving a crispy exterior. It ensures that the potato skins start cooking immediately.
- Thaw Slightly: Allow the frozen potato skins to thaw for a few minutes before cooking. This makes it easier to coat them with cooking spray and promotes even cooking.
- Use Cooking Spray: Coat potato skins with cooking spray before air frying. This helps them become extra crispy and golden brown.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Arrange the potato skins in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between each one. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking and soggy skins.
- Flip Halfway Through: Flip the potato skins halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning on both sides. Use tongs or a fork for this task.
- Add Toppings Carefully: Add shredded cheese and bacon bits during the last few minutes of cooking. This prevents them from burning and ensures they melt evenly.
- Keep an Eye on Them: Watch the potato skins closely as they cook, especially during the final minutes. They can go from golden brown to burnt quickly, so don’t walk away.
- Customize Toppings: Get creative with toppings. Experiment with different cheese varieties, additional toppings like diced jalapeños or diced tomatoes, and various dipping sauces.
- Garnish Thoughtfully: Garnish your potato skins with sour cream, chives, green onions, or any toppings you choose immediately after air frying. These fresh toppings complement the rich flavors.
- Serve Hot: Potato skins are at their best when served piping hot. Enjoy them straight from the air fryer to savor their crispy deliciousness.
- Season at the End: Season the potato skins with salt and pepper before serving. This ensures that the seasoning adheres well to the hot, crispy surface.
- Reheat as Needed: If you need to make multiple batches or want to reheat leftover potato skins, place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes to regain their crispiness.
With these pro tips, you’ll master cooking frozen potato skins in the air fryer. Whether making a quick snack or a crowd-pleasing appetizer, your potato skins will be perfectly crispy and delicious.
There are a lot of different brands of air fryers, but some popular ones are:
- Instant Vortex 4-in-1 Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi
- Instant Pot Vortex Plus
Air fryers are so great for getting food extra crispy without having to fry them in oil. You will never want to make potato skins or french fries in the regular oven again!
What Are The Best Brands Of Frozen Potato Skins
The availability of specific brands of frozen potato skins can vary depending on your location and the stores in your area. However, I can provide you with some popular and well-known brands that are known for producing quality frozen potato products, so next time you are at the grocery store, pick up some boxes of potato skins, perfect for busy weeknights.
- TGI Friday’s Potato Skins: TGI Fridays potato skins are known for its restaurant-style frozen appetizers, including potato skins. They offer a variety of flavors and toppings for their frozen potato skins.
- Auntie Anne’s: While Auntie Anne’s is famous for its pretzels, they also produce frozen snacks, including pretzel-inspired potato skins with various toppings.
- Farm Rich: Farm Rich is a brand that offers a range of frozen snacks and appetizers, including potato skins. They are known for their convenience and delicious flavors.
- Alexia Foods: Alexia Foods focuses on creating high-quality frozen potato products, including potato skins. They often offer options that are made with all-natural ingredients.
- Ore-Ida: Ore-Ida is a well-known brand in the frozen potato industry. While they may not have pre-filled potato skins, they offer frozen potato wedges and fries that you can customize with your own toppings.
- Private Store Brands: Many grocery store chains offer their own private-label frozen potato skins. These store brands can sometimes provide good quality at a lower price.
- Restaurant Brands: Some restaurant chains offer frozen versions of their popular appetizers, including potato skins. Check your local stores for these branded frozen items.
It’s important to read the product labels and reviews when choosing frozen potato skins to ensure they meet your taste preferences and dietary requirements. Additionally, availability may vary by region, so it’s a good idea to check with your local grocery stores to see which brands they carry.
Can I cook frozen potato skins in the air fryer without thawing them first?
Yes, you can cook frozen potato skins directly in the air fryer without thawing them first. However, allowing them to thaw slightly can make it easier to coat them with cooking spray and may result in slightly quicker cooking times.
What’s the ideal temperature and time for cooking frozen potato skins in the air fryer?
Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Cook the potato skins for about 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the size and brand of your air fryer, so keep an eye on them to prevent overcooking.
How do I prevent the potato skins from sticking to the air fryer basket?
To prevent sticking, it’s essential to coat both sides of the potato skins with cooking spray before placing them in the air fryer. This helps create a crispy, non-stick surface.
Can I use different types of cheese for topping the potato skins?
Absolutely! While Cheddar cheese is a classic choice, you can use your favorite cheese varieties, such as mozzarella, pepper jack, or even a combination of cheeses, to customize the flavor.
Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for potato skin toppings?
Yes, you can create vegetarian or vegan potato skins by using plant-based cheeses and vegan bacon bits. Additionally, you can add toppings like diced tomatoes, guacamole, or vegan sour cream.
Can I make my potato skins healthier in the air fryer?
Air frying is generally considered a healthier cooking method compared to deep frying because it uses less oil. To make your potato skins even healthier, consider using reduced-fat cheese, turkey bacon bits, or other lighter toppings.
What dipping sauces go well with potato skins?
Common dipping sauces for potato skins include ranch dressing, sour cream, and salsa. However, you can get creative and serve them with your favorite sauces, such as barbecue sauce, hot sauce, or aioli.
Can I reheat leftover potato skins in the air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat leftover potato skins in the air fryer to restore their crispiness. Simply preheat the air fryer and cook them for a few minutes until they are hot and crispy again.
How can I store leftover cooked potato skins?
Store leftover potato skins in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When reheating, use the air fryer or a conventional oven to maintain their crispiness.
What can you serve potato skins with?
This potato skins air fryer recipe is a perfect appetizer for pizza night. You can also serve with other air fryer appetizers to feed a crowd at a party or on game day.
Here are a few other favorite recipes to serve with potato skins:
- AIR FRYER SKIRT STEAK
- AIR FRYER JERK CHICKEN WINGS
- CHICKEN SANDWICH IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER FILET MIGNON
More Air Fryer Recipes
- PIZZA ROLLS IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CORN DOGS
- AIR FRYER TATER TOTS
- CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER TYSON CRISPY CHICKEN STRIPS
Frozen Potato Skins In The Air Fryer
- 1 package frozen potato skins, any brand
- Assemble on the air fryer tray or in the basket, leave plenty of room around the potato skins, which will allow them to cook up perfectly.
- Place the tray in the air fryer oven, and set the temperature for 370 degrees F (187 C), air fryer setting, for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the cooked potato skins with tongs.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer