My youngest child Jason is an avid hockey player, he plays hockey at least 2 hours a day, followed by a strenuous workout. So, he is always craving protein, his favorite source of protein is steak.
Steak on the grill is amazing, but during the winter months, it’s not always possible to get to the grill, since we have snow to contend with. The air fryer solves this problem.
Seasoning of the steak is important since both the grill and the air fryer will seal in the flavor.
If your mouth waters as you hear the menu selection of steak, you are not alone my son Jason, will drool over a nice steak, drenched with sauce. My son’s favorite meal is steak, with a side of mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
Here are tips for air frying steaks:
2. Choose the right quality of meat-Purchase a good quality of meat, from a butcher or from the supermarket. They grade meat on marbling and the connective tissues. Marbling should be shown throughout the meat with white-colored fat (marbling) I always look for a thin coat of marble throughout the meat for the air fryer or Instant Pot, since it will melt and give a nice flavor to the meat, without it being greasy.
3. Season-Salt your meat before you place your meat in the air fryer. I let my meat sit on the counter for about 15 minutes and salt it before air frying.
4. Room Temperature (Before You Cook)-Take your meat from the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for about 15 to 30 minutes, before cooking. Steak at room temperature absorbs the seasonings better. It also helps the fibers in the meat loosen, which will produce a tender cut of meat. Room temperature steaks (meat) also cook faster than cold steak (meats) seasonings better.
5. Let Your Cooked Steak (Meat) Rest Again-After cooking let your meat rest, just about 5 minutes. It helps to let the juices flow to the center of the steak so that when you cut the steak, all of the juices will not flow out. This will give you a better piece of meat for dinner or lunch.
First, I made the butter and placed it in the freezer, while I was air frying the steak. Just use plastic wrap, to roll it up.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Omni, Air Fryer
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, New York Strip Steak With Garlic Parmesan Butter (KETO Friendly)
This is a really easy dinner to make with a perfectly great easy garlic parmesan butter, to go on top, it’s also KETO friendly.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course, KETO
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- For the Steaks:
- 2 New York Strip Steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Garlic Parmesan Butter:
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- The first thing I do when making steak (I got this hint from one of Bobby Flay’s shows) let the meat rest at room temperature for AT LEAST 30 minutes.
- Start by preheating the air fryer, steak is one of the few recipes, that I preheat the air fryer for. But the meat will come out better, so turn the air fryer oven’/basket on for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F
- Then rub the olive oil or butter all over the steak, and season with salt and pepper
- Set the steaks in the air fryer for 5 minutes, then flip and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Again, per Bobby Flay, let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes, before cutting.
- To make the butter, simply mix the butter and cheese in a small mixing bowl. You can either serve that way. Or I placed the butter into a plastic wrap, and rolled it up, to look like a log, place it in the freezer, and then cut a few pieces off for each serving.
If you want them cooked less than medium-rare, which is which this recipe does, reduce the time to about 3 1/2 minutes per side.
Keywords: emeril air fryer steak power air fryer oven steak cooks essentials air fryer steak recipe air fryer steak bites how do i cook steak in airfryer steak in air fryer oven nuwave air fryer steak frozen steak in air fryer