Air Fryer Steak Fajitas are amazing. They make such a quick and easy meal for any weeknight, dinner, or weekend. Made with beef jalapeno peppers, served up on a toasted tortilla, and served with an array of toppings. This will soon be one of your family’s favorites!
These Air Fryer Beef Fajitas are prepared today with steak and will soon be one of your favorite meals that you make entirely in the air fryer. Lean marinated flank steak with roasted bell jalapeno peppers, all done in one batch in the air fryer. It’s simple and delicious!
I love steak in the air fryer; I have been making it since I received my first air fryer. It is a tender and delicious dinner. Whether you serve it up as a simple Air Fryer Ribeye Steak or serve it as an Air Fryer Beef Kebab, or even as a simple Air Fryer Steak Salad, they are amazing and simple!
So, if you are looking to switch up Taco Tuesday, keep this menu idea in mind. I usually prep this in the evening, keep it marinating overnight, and toss it in the air fryer when I come home from work. What can be easier?
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Taco Inspired Recipes, check out these fantastic recipes, BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE MOJO CHICKEN TACOS, AIR FRYER COPYCAT TACO BELL QUESADILLA, NINJA FOODI AIR FRYER TACO PIE, AIR FRYER TACO BELL COPYCAT NACHO FRIES, and AIR FRYER CHEESY BREAKFAST TACOS.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Beef Fajitas
- Great for meal prep
- Very easy to make
- Versatile with different toppings
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Simple ingredients
- Healthy and delicious!
How long does it take to cook steak in an Air Fryer?
Start by placing your steak into the air fryer basket or tray, and then set the temperature to 400 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes.
The exact time will depend on how thick your steak is and what air fryer you own.
The Best Air Fryer Steak Fajitas Recipe
This is one of my favorite meals to make in the air fryer. I prep it the night before and then place it marinating in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, when I am ready to make these, the meal is waiting for me. Best yet, all I have to do is place it in the air fryer while making a side dish or preparing the toppings.
Delicious Steak Fajitas Ingredients
- Flank Steak
- Canola or Vegetable Oil
- White Vinegar
- Lime Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Kosher Salt
Easy Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
Step 1: Cut the steak
Cut steak into thin strips. (Be sure to cut away from the grain, so whatever way you see the lines going on the steak, you should cut in the opposite direction. This helps make the steak tender!)
Step 2: Marinate the steak
Place the strips in a plastic bag. Add canola oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic powder, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin, and salt.
Close the bag tightly and massage the marinade all over the steak strips carefully. Place the bag in the fridge. Let marinate for at least 4-6 hours. The longer, the better. You can marinate this overnight if you wish.
Step 3: Cook the steak
When you’re ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Remove steak from the fridge about fifteen minutes before cooking.
Once the air fryer is preheated, place the steak into the air fryer basket. Make sure to place it in one even layer, so it cools properly.
Depending on your air fryer’s size, you may have to do two batches. First, place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and close it. Cook for 8-9 minutes. When it’s done, remove it and transfer it to a plate for serving.
Some Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- You can substitute the beef for anything from chicken to shrimp.
- Make sure that the meat is covered in the marinade so as not to have any dried-out meat.
- Cut the meat into the same size pieces. This way, it air fries up at the same time.
- Shake the basket frequently to ensure uniform cooking.
- Add some sliced onions, either white or red, and bell peppers for a great and healthy meal.
- Serve with warm tortillas. Either corn tortillas or flour tortillas. Or serve on top of a bed of rice or with some tortilla chips.
- Use an air fryer liner for easy cleanup.
- Serve with some yummy sides like Spanish rice or refried beans.
Favorite Toppings For This Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- Sour Cream
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Pico De Gallo
- Raw Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Red Onion
- Green Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
- Lime Wedges
How to Store Leftover Steak Fajitas
Leftover steak fajitas can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply place the frozen fajitas in your air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of steak is best for fajitas?
Typical Mexican restaurants usually use flank steak. But it is very expensive, and sometimes you can not find it in the grocery store.
Some other options would be rump or skirt steak. Skirt steak is very tender and makes for excellent Air Fryer Steak Fajitas.
What temperature should air-fried steak be?
Most beef is cooked at 400 degrees F on the air fryer setting. If your air fryer only goes to 390 degrees F, that is fine. It will just take a few more minutes to cook.
Do you cut fajita meat before cooking?
Typically, you cut the steak into strips before air frying or cooking it. You want to be careful not to overcook the steak.
For fajitas, you want to cook the steak to a medium or medium rare. To keep your meat tender in the air fryer, I can give you the best advice to cut against the grain.
Other Meat Ideas for Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
You can also use a skirt steak. Skirt Steaks and flank steaks are perfect for fajitas. They are an affordable cut that, if marinated properly, can be very tender.
Either will be ideal for slicing and feeding the whole family. But you could certainly use individual flat iron steaks, sirloins, or even a filet mignon. Just follow the directions the same way!
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas For One Recipe
If you’d like to make steak fajitas for one, choose your favorite cut of steak (A sirloin would be perfect!) and slice it into thin strips.
Then marinate it with 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil, ½ Tsp Vinegar, 2 Tbsp Chopped Jalapeños, and a pinch of Cilantro. Marinate for a few hours, then air fry at 450 degrees for about 5-7 minutes.
How To Store Air Fryer Steak Fajitas Leftovers
If you have any steak leftover from your dinner or lunch, let the steak cool to room temperature, and then place it into an airtight container. This will last for about 2 to 3 days.
To reheat Air Fryer Steak Fajitas: You can either place it on a microwave plate or reheat it until heated through. Or put it back into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 340 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 4-5 minutes. Or until heated through
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER MEXICAN STREET CORN RECIPE
- AIR FRYER, MEXICAN PIZZA (TACO BELL COPYCAT RECIPE)
- EASY AIR FRYER, HOMEMADE MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES
- AIR FRYER, MEXICAN CHICKEN FOIL PACKET
- PRESSURE COOKER, INSTANT POT, MEXICAN RICE
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Beef Fajitas
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 sliced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt
- Cut steak into thin strips. (Be sure to cut away from the grain, so whatever way you see the lines going on the steak, you should cut in the opposite direction. This helps make the steak tender!)
- Place the strips in a plastic bag.
- Add canola oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic powder, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin, and salt.
- Close the bag tightly and massage the marinade all over the steak strips carefully.
- Place the bag in the fridge. Let marinate for at least 4-6 hours. The longer, the better. You can marinate this overnight if you wish.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Remove steak from the fridge about fifteen minutes before cooking
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place the steak into the air fryer basket. Make sure only to place it in one even layer so that it cools properly. Depending on how big your air fryer is, you may have to do two batches.
- Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and close it.
- Cook for 8-9 minutes.
- When it’s done, remove it and transfer it to a plate for serving.
- Serve on a tortilla, and add your favorite toppings.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper
- Pico De Gallo
- Raw Onion
- Fresh Cilantro