Air Fryer Steak Fajitas are amazing. They make such a quick and easy meal for any weeknight dinner or weekend. Made with beef, jalapeno peppers, and served up on a toasted tortilla and served with an array of toppings. This will soon be one of your family’s favorites!
These Air Fryer Fajitas are prepared today with steak and will soon be one of your favorite meals that you make completely in the air fryer. Lean marinated flank steak, with roasted bell jalapeno peppers, all done in one batch in the air fryer, simple and delicious.
I love steak in the air fryer; I have been making it since I received my first air fryer. It is a tender and delicious dinner. Whether you serve it up as a simple Air Fryer Ribeye Steak or serve it as an Air Fryer Beef Kebab or even as a simple Air Fryer Steak Salad, they are amazing and simple!
So, if you are looking to switch up Taco Tuesday, keep this menu idea in mind. I usually prep this in the evening, keep it marinating overnight, and when I come home from work, I toss it in the air fryer. What can be easier?
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Taco Inspired Recipes, check out these amazing recipes, BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE MOJO CHICKEN TACOS, AIR FRYER COPYCAT TACO BELL QUESADILLA, NINJA FOODI AIR FRYER TACO PIE, AIR FRYER TACO BELL COPYCAT NACHO FRIES, and AIR FRYER CHEESY BREAKFAST TACOS.
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas Recipe
This is one of my favorite meals to make in the air fryer. I prep it the night before and then place it marinating in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, when I am ready to make these, the meal is waiting for me. Best yet, all I have to do is place it in the air fryer while I make a side dish or prepare the toppings.
Ingredients Used For Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
Today, I used a traditional Air Fryer Steak Fajitas Recipe, but I have some great hints on making this with different cuts of meats and making an Air Fryer Steak Fajita For One in the notes section below.
- Flank Steak
- Canola or Vegetable Oil
- White Vinegar
- Lime Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Cumin
How to make steak fajitas in your Air Fryer?
Cut steak into thin strips. (Be sure to cut away from the grain, so whatever way you see the lines going on the steak, you should cut in the opposite direction. This helps make the steak tender!)
Place the strips in a plastic bag. Add canola oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic powder, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin, and salt. Close the bag tightly and massage the marinade all over the steak strips carefully. Place the bag in the fridge. Let marinate for at least 4-6 hours. The longer, the better. You can marinate this overnight if you wish.
When you’re ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Remove steak from fridge about fifteen minutes before cooking. Once the air fryer is preheated, place the steak into the air fryer basket. Make sure only to place it in one even layer so that it cools properly. Depending on how big your air fryer is, you may have to do two batches. Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and close. Cook for 8-9 minutes.
When it’s done, remove and transfer to a plate for serving.
Some Common Questions Asked About Making Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
Some Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- You can substitute the beef for anything from chicken to shrimp.
- Make sure that the meat is covered in the marinade, as not to have any dried-out meat.
- Cut the meat into the same size pieces. This way, it air fries up at the same time.
- Shake the basket frequently to ensure uniform cooking.
- Add some sliced onions, either white or red, and bell peppers for a great and healthy meal.
How long does it take to cook steak in Air Fryer?
Start by placing your steak into the air fryer basket or tray, and then set the temperature to 400 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes.
Teh exact time will depend on how thick your steak is, and what air fryer you own.
What type of steak is best for fajitas?
Typical Mexican restaurants usually use flank steak. But flank steak is very pricy, and sometimes you can not find it in the grocery store.
Some other options would be rump or skirt steak. Skirt steak is very tender and makes for excellent Air Fryer Steak Fajitas.
What temperature should air-fried steak be?
Most beef is cooked at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. If your air fryer only goes to 390 degrees F, that is fine.
It will just take a few more minutes to cook.
Do you cut fajita meat before cooking?
Typically you do cut the steak into strips before air frying or cooking it. You want to be careful not to overcook the steak.
For fajitas, you want to cook the steak to a medium or medium-rare. To keep your meat tender in the air fryer, the best advice I can give you is to cut against the grain.
Other Meat Ideas for Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
You can also use a skirt steak. Skirt Steaks and flank steaks are perfect for fajitas. They are an affordable cut, that if marinated properly, can be very tender.
Either will be ideal for slicing and feeding the whole family. But, you could certainly use individual flat iron steaks, sirloins, or even a filet mignon. Just follow the directions the same way!
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas For One Recipe
If you’d like to make steak fajitas for one, choose your favorite cut of steak (A sirloin would be perfect!), slice it into thin strips.
Then marinate it with 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil, ½ Tsp Vinegar, 2 Tbsp Chopped Jalapeños, and a pinch of Cilantro. Marinate for a few hours, then air fry at 450 degrees for about 5-7 minutes.
How To Store Air Fryer Steak Fajitas Leftovers
If you have any steak leftover from your dinner or lunch, let the steak cool to room temperature, and then place it into an airtight container.
This will last for about 2 to 3 days.
To reheat Air Fryer Steak Fajitas: You can either place it on a microwave plate and reheat until heated through. Or place it back into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 340 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 4-5 minutes. Or until heated through.
Some Great Toppings For Air Fryer Steak Fajitas–
- Sour Cream
- Pico De Gallo
- Raw Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
Some Other Serving Suggestions
This steak is delicious on top of lettuce, in taco shells & tortillas , or on top of tortilla chips for nachos!
Some Great Side Dishes To Go With Air Fryer Steak Fajitas:
- AIR FRYER MEXICAN STREET CORN RECIPE
- AIR FRYER, MEXICAN PIZZA (TACO BELL COPYCAT RECIPE)
- EASY AIR FRYER, MEXICAN AIR FRYER CHICKEN TAQUITOS
- AIR FRYER, HOMEMADE MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES
- AIR FRYER, MEXICAN CHICKEN FOIL PACKET
- PRESSURE COOKER, INSTANT POT, MEXICAN RICE
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 jalapeno, sliced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut steak into thin strips. (Be sure to cut away from the grain, so whatever way you see the lines going on the steak, you should cut in the opposite direction. This helps make the steak tender!)
- Place the strips in a plastic bag.
- Add canola oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic powder, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin, and salt.
- Close the bag tightly and massage the marinade all over the steak strips carefully.
- Place the bag in the fridge. Let marinate for at least 4-6 hours. The longer, the better. You can marinate this overnight if you wish.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Remove steak from fridge about fifteen minutes before cooking.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place the steak into the air fryer basket. Make sure only to place it in one even layer so that it cools properly. Depending on how big your air fryer is, you may have to do two batches.
- Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and close.
- Cook for 8-9 minutes.
- When it’s done, remove and transfer to a plate for serving.
- Serve on a tortilla, and add your favorite toppings.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 596mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 32g