Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Taco Pie — If you’re looking for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner, look no further than this Ninja Foodi air fryer taco pie! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Plus, it’s sure to please the whole family. So what are you waiting for? Try this taco pie today!
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Taco Pie was such a great and easy (and fun) dinner for the kids and me! So easy to make and absolutely delicious.
This Taco Pie is filled with ground beef, cheese, and refried beans; on top, my kids piled on all their favorite toppings! It was a great and fun Air Fryer Taco Tuesday!!
If you need nay other great Air Fryer Taco Ideas, here are some of my families favorites:
Easy Ninja Foodi Taco Pie
This is such a great kid-friendly and great family meal. I loved making this with my kids. And it’s such a fun recipe; everyone will love it. And best of yet, it assembles in minutes, and if you want to fry up the beef earlier in the day and assemble it with the kids, that works too!!
I actually made two versions of this, one used corn tortillas since my oldest son has celiac disease, and I wanted to make his an Air Fryer Gluten-Free Recipe.
What Type Of Tortillas To Use For Taco Pie
Anything works in this recipe, from flour tortillas, which are traditionally used in Mexican food, to gluten-free versions of corn tortillas, to the low-carb version of tortillas. The best version I have had is the Mama Lupe Low Carb Tortilla, which tastes almost like the flour version. (affiliate link)
How To Make Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Taco Pie
There are a number of steps to make this, but they are all very easy.
The first step, which can be done ahead of time if you are looking to come home and assemble the taco pie, is to brown your ground beef and then add the taco seasonings. Just grab your skillet, combine all of the ingredients into the skillet, brown your meat, and follow your taco seasoning packet’s directions. That will be your taco meat.
You can use ground turkey, or ground chicken if you want a slightly healthier version.
You will then layer your taco pie into a springform pan, which is the easiest pan to use since you need to get the pie out after cooking. Otherwise, you will have a beast of a time getting it out.
I would recommend spraying the bottom of the springform pan with cooking spray, adding your tortilla shell on the bottom of the pan, and starting layering;
- Refried Beans
- Taco Meat
- Shredded Cheese
Continue to layer until you have used up your ground meat. The last layer is shredded cheese.
Then set the pan into the air fryer or Ninja Foodi and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, for about 5 minutes. Remove once the cheese has melted on top.
Some Great Toppings for Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer Taco Pie
This is a recipe where the only limitations are your imagination. My kids came up with so many toppings while we were at the grocery store. And it’s important to add your favorite toppings. Here are some of my favorites:
- Sour Cream
- Black Olives
- Sliced Gren Onions
- More Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Avocados
- Pica De Galo
- Black Beans
Easy Variations For This Recipe
There are so many ways that you can change up this recipe, some of my favorite ones:
- Meat: Change the ground beef for ground chicken or ground turkey. You can even add shredded pork or shredded brisket.
- Vegetarian: If you want this to be a great and easy vegetarian option, skip the meat and add black beans or some sauteed vegetables.
- Cheese: While I used shredded cheddar, you can use whatever cheese you like.
- Make Your Own Taco Seasonings: I always use this easy recipe.
How To Store Layered Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Taco Pie
While we did not have any leftovers, my kids devoured them. If you do happen to have any leftovers, they are easily stored.
Let the taco pie cool to room temperature, and then place it into an airtight container. Put the container into the refrigerator. It will last about 2 to 3 days.
How To Reheat The Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Taco Pie
When it’s time to reheat the leftovers, there are several ways that you can easily do this, the easiest being the microwave.
To reheat in the microwave, place the leftovers onto a microwave-safe plate, and then reheat until warm.
To reheat in the air fryer. Place the leftovers into an air fryer safe pan (oven-safe pan) and set the pan into the air fryer, set the temperature to 330 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry until the taco pie is warm.
Some More Easy Air Fryer and Ninja Foodi Dinner Recipes
- NINJA FOODI BOXED MACARONI AND CHEESE
- NINJA FOODI GRILL STEAK
- AIR FRYER, STIR-FRIED BOK CHOY (USING NINJA FOODI)
- AIR FRYER, SESAME BEEF STIR-FRY IN THE NINJA FOODI
SOME PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE–
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Taco Pie
- 6 large flour tortilla shells
- 16 ounces refried beans, canned
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco sesaoning
- 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Mexican cheese
optional toppings: sour cream, black olivse, sliced green onions, cheese, salsa, guacamole, etc.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown your meat, and then add the taco seasoning in water, per the package's instructions.
- Spray your springform pan with cooking spray.
- Place down a tortilla into the pan, and then spread the refried beans on top, followed by taco meat and cheese.
- Repeat until you are finished with your taco meat.The top layer should be shredded cheese.
- Set the pan into the Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer and air fry for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F, air crisp or air fryer setting, until the cheese is melted
- .Garnish as desired.
- Ninja Foodi, Or Air Fryer