Air Fryer Stuffed Bell Peppers — If you’re constantly on the go and looking for a tasty and healthy meal, then stuffed bell peppers cooked in an air fryer are an absolute must.
Not only will you be able to make these with minimal effort, but they also come out juicy, flavorful, and so satisfying; the perfect guilt-free treat for those who are trying to eat better yet still enjoy their favorite indulgences. With just some simple ingredients like bell peppers, ground beef or turkey, cheese, onions, garlic, and spices of your choice – this incredibly easy recipe promises to deliver deliciousness that’s sure to please!
The outside of the pepper gets perfectly roasted while the filling inside stays hot and cheesy. I like to fill mine with quinoa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and lots of gooey sharp cheddar cheese. Air fryer stuffed bell peppers make a tasty and healthy weeknight meal that even picky eaters will love. Best of all, they’re ready in just twenty minutes, thanks to the power of the air fryer. Give them a try tonight for an easy yet satisfying dinner option.
The Best Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Looking for a healthy and delicious meal to prepare for your family? Look no further than this amazing Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers recipe! This recipe takes traditional stuffed peppers to the next level by utilizing the convenience and efficiency of an air fryer. The result is a flavorful, juicy, and satisfyingly crispy dish. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, this recipe is easy to follow and sure to impress. With simple ingredients and basic kitchen skills, you can create a meal with everyone asking for seconds. So fire up your air fryer and enjoy some delicious stuffed peppers!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Stuffed Bell Peppers
Made with a few simple ingredients, it can be customized to any of your favorite seasonings or meats; the full recipe and directions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post as the nutrition information.
- Meat: Use ground beef, Italian sausage, ground turkey, and ground chicken, or even make this a vegetarian stuffed pepper dish using rice!
- Fresh Bell Peppers: Nothing is better than using different colors, so get some green bell peppers, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, and orange ones for a colorful dinner!
- Onions: Use finely diced onions for great texture and flavor.
- Shredded Cheese: Use freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Seasonings and Spices: Use Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
How To Cook Stuffed Bell Peppers In Air Fryer
Stuffed bell peppers are a classic meal that many have enjoyed for decades. Whether you grew up with this comforting, home-cooked dish or are just now trying stuffed bell peppers for the first time, there’s something special about baking these delicious vegetables in the oven – until now!
With the recent surge of air fryers, you can now make amazing stuffed bell peppers right at home and skip out on all that extra effort it takes to bake them in an oven. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to cook the perfect stuffed bell peppers in an air fryer with ease. So get your supplies ready and start cooking some succulent stuffed bells!
Step One: Clean Your Bell Peppers
Start by cutting the tops of the peppers halves off and then removing the seeds. Use a clean kitchen or paper towel to wash the bell peppers with cold water
Step Two: Prepare Your Stuffing Mixture
Add the olive oil to a large skillet, and saute the onion and ground beef until browned over medium-high heat. If you have a lot of fat, add it to a small bowl; add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Step Three: Air Fry Bell Peppers
Add the meat mixture to the inside of the hollowed-out bell pepper. Place the bell peppers in the air fryer basket at 370 degrees F, in a single layer, using the air fryer setting, for 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the stuffed peppers, air fry for another 2-3 minutes, and remove it as soon as it is melted.
Step Four: Serving
Serve wtih fresh herbs, sour cream, or dipping sauce.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Stuffed Bell Peppers
Are you seeking a tasty and healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried stuffed bell peppers? Look no further than air frying! Air frying lets you get that crispy outer crust while cooking the inside, making for a perfect stuffed pepper.
Here are some pro tips to ensure your air fryer stuffed peppers come out delicious every time:
- Cooked: Thoroughly cook any meat or grains before stuffing the bell pepper halve.
- Meat: Use lean ground beef, ground pork, or lean ground turkey, or make these vegetarian using cauliflower rice, brown rice, black beans, or cooked rice.
- Timing: Since everyone has a different air fryer, the cooking time will vary based on whether you use an air fryer basket or oven.
- Cheese: You can use freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, Colby jack cheese, or vegan cheese.
Storing and Freezing Leftover Stuffed Peppers
Storing: If you have any leftovers, let the bell peppers cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Freeze: This is a great recipe that you can easily freeze; let them cool to room temperature, and then place the whole bell pepper into a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. Place into the freezer. It will last for 3 to 5 months.
Reheat: When ready to reheat, thaw the peppers overnight in the refrigerator before baking or microwaving. Stuffed peppers make a great meal prep option, with proper storage and freezing techniques allowing you to enjoy them anytime.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Stuffed Bell Peppers
Looking for a delicious and healthy dish to serve with your air fryer stuffed bell peppers? Look no further!
Some great ideas include a simple side salad, Air Fryer Baked Potatoes, or white rice. This is a great meal that will soon be a family favorite!
How long does it take to cook stuffed peppers in an air fryer?
The cooking time for stuffed peppers in an air fryer varies depending on the recipe and the size of the peppers. It generally takes 15-20 minutes at 350°F (180°C) to cook stuffed peppers in an air fryer. However, it’s essential to check the internal temperature of the peppers with a meat thermometer to ensure they are fully cooked.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer before cooking stuffed peppers?
Yes, it’s recommended to preheat your air fryer before cooking stuffed peppers. Preheating your air fryer will help ensure even cooking and better results. Typically, preheating an air fryer takes 3-5 minutes.
What kind of peppers are best for stuffing in an air fryer?
Any pepper can be stuffed and cooked in an air fryer, but bell peppers are the most commonly used. They have a sturdy structure that holds up well during cooking and a mild flavor that complements many types of stuffing.
Do I need to remove the seeds and membrane from the peppers before stuffing them?
Yes, removing the seeds and membrane from the peppers is recommended before stuffing them. The seeds and membrane can be bitter and tough; removing them will also create more space for the stuffing.
Can I use uncooked rice for the air fryer in my stuffed pepper recipe?
You can use uncooked rice in your stuffed pepper recipe for the air fryer. However, you will need to adjust the cooking time and add more liquid to the recipe to ensure the rice cooks properly.
Can I freeze stuffed peppers before cooking them in the air fryer?
Yes, you can freeze stuffed peppers before cooking them in the air fryer. It’s recommended to freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag once they are frozen solid. When you’re ready to cook them, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before cooking in the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER TUNA MELT WRAP
- AIR FRYER EGG RECIPES
- HOW TO REHEAT CALZONE IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CHEESECAKE EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER SUFGANIYOT (JAM-FILLED DOUGHNUTS) RECIPE
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- 2 large bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1/2 cup ground beef
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese, mozzarella
- Start by cutting the top of the pepper, and then removing the seeds.
- In a skillet, add the olive oil, and saute the onion, and ground beef, until browned. Drain if you have a lot of fat, then add it to a small mixing bowl, add in the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salat, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the meat mixture to the inside of the hollowed-out bell pepper.
- Place the bell peppers in the air fryer at 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 minutes. In the last 2 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top, remove as soon as the cheese is melted.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer