Have you ever tried using an Air Fryer to make a Tuna Melt Wrap? If not, you are missing out! The Air Fryer adds a crispness to the bread that is unmatched by traditional cooking methods, and the combination of tuna, melted cheese, and crunchy vegetables creates a delicious and satisfying meal. Plus, it’s a quick and easy option for those busy weeknights when you’re short on time. So fire up your Air Fryer and give this tasty wrap a try! You won’t be disappointed. Trust me, it’s a game-changer.
If you’re looking for a delicious yet healthy lunch option, look no further than the Air Fryer Tuna Melt Wrap.
This will soon become your favorite air fryer dinner or lunch! It’s so good, and the kids will love it! It’s so kid-friendly and budget-friendly!
What Is A Tuna Wrap?
A tuna wrap is a type of sandwich or wrap made with canned tuna, mayonnaise, and other ingredients such as onions, celery, pickles, and spices. The mixture is spread onto a tortilla or bread and then rolled up or made into a sandwich.
Tuna wraps are a popular lunch option because they are quick and easy to make, and also offer protein and variety in a packed lunch. They can also be dressed up with additions such as lettuce, avocado, tomato, or cheese for even more flavor and texture. Whether you prefer them cold or heated up in a panini press, tuna wraps make for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Why You will Love Making Wraps In Air Fryer
When it comes to quick and tasty meals, wraps are a go-to option. However, they can often turn out soggy or greasy when cooked in a traditional skillet or oven. Enter the air fryer: the perfect solution for crispy wraps without all the added fat and oil.
Not only does it remove excess moisture, but the circulating hot air ensures that every inch of your wrap is evenly cooked. Plus, air fryers require less cleanup than other cooking methods and can be used for everything from veggies to proteins to dessert options. Give it a try – you’ll fall in love with air fryer wraps in no time!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Tuna Melt Wrap
Tuna melts are a classic lunchtime staple, and they can easily be made in an air fryer for added crunch and convenience. To make these tasty wraps, you will need:
*Remember all of the ingredients and specific quantities are below, in the printable recipe card*
- Tuna: Use your favorite tuna, whether you use solid white tuna or Chunk Light.
- Mayo: Use either low-fat or whole mayonnaise.
- Shredded Cheese: Use either sharp cheddar, cheddar jack, or even Monterey Jack for some extra flavor!
- Onions: Use finely diced white onions, for some added texture.
- Tortillas: Use flour or corn tortillas, you can also make this using low-carb tortillas (for a great keto tuna melt)
- Seasonings and Spices: Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Dijon Mustard, Dill Pickle Relish, and unsalted butter.
How To Make Tuna Melt Wraps In Air Fryer
Want to take your classic tuna melt to the next level? Why not give it a crunchy twist by making it in an air fryer?
Step One: Start by mixing together canned tuna, mayonnaise, diced onion, garlic powder, black pepper, dijon mustard, and dill pickle relish. Mix to combine.
Warm your tortillas in the microwave or air fryer, heating until warmed, about 20 to 30 seconds. This will make the tortillas easy to wrap!
Step Two: Spread the mixture onto a flour tortilla, and sprinkle your shredded cheese on top!
Step Three: Roll up your tortillas, like you would a burrito, then brush them with melted butter.
Step Four: Air Fry!! Place the wrap in a preheated air fryer, at 390 degrees F, then cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the tortilla is nice and crispy! If you want to brush utter on the tortilla, after you flip, that would be a great way to get the entire tortilla crispy!
Pro Tips For The Best Tuna Melt Wrap
Are you a fan of tuna melt sandwiches? Try switching things up with a tasty wrap instead!
Here are some pro tips for making the ultimate air fryer tuna melt wrap!
- Tuna: Use good quality tuna, or use fresh tuna, (cooked) and finely dice it. Make sure you drain your canned tuna well, so your wrap does not get soggy.
- Cheese: Add lots of cheese, cheddar, or pepper jack would be delicious options.
- Add-Ins: There are so many add-ins for even more flavor, I love adding red onions, some lettuce, or diced celery.
- Timing: Since all air fryers cook differently, you should watch the tuna melt as it cooks up, and remove it when it’s perfectly toasted!
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryer Tuna Wraps
What can I use in place of mayo in tuna?
You can also use Greek yogurt, sour cream, or mashed avocados, they will all give you a creamy texture.
Why is my tuna salad watery?
There could be several reasons for watery tuna salad. The first and most common is that the tuna you used was canned in water or brine, rather than oil. When combined with other ingredients, the liquid from the tuna can easily leach out and make the overall mixture too wet.
Another possibility is that you added too much liquid to the dressing or another ingredient. Even if something like mayonnaise or yogurt adds flavor, adding in too much can quickly make your salad droopy and soggy. Luckily, both of these problems can easily be fixed by draining any canned ingredients before adding them to the salad and being mindful of how much dressing you add.
How to store tuna melts
Tuna melts are a tasty meal, but they can be tricky to store and reheat. The key is to make sure they don’t get soggy. To store tuna melts, first, allow them to cool completely before wrapping them tightly in aluminum foil or placing them in an airtight container.
Can I freeze tuna melts?
No, since there is mayonnaise in the wrap, these will not freeze and thaw well. For best results, make a new batch of tuna wraps every time the craving hits!
How to reheat tuna melts in the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the tuna melt in the air fryer basket. Brush the tortilla with melted butter, and then reheat for about 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
How to reheat tuna melts in the microwave
When using a microwave, wrap the tuna melt in a paper towel before heating it for about 45 seconds.
What to eat with canned tuna
When it comes to canned tuna, the options are endless. A simple tuna salad with mayonnaise, diced celery, and onion is always a satisfying lunch option.
For a lighter meal, try mixing canned tuna with avocado and tomato on top of mixed greens for a delicious tuna salad spin on a traditional salad. Another tasty idea is to use canned tuna in place of chicken for a twist on classic tacos or sandwiches. Or for a more sophisticated option, blend canned tuna with cream cheese and serve on crackers or toast points as an appetizer or light dinner option. So the next time you reach for that can of tuna, remember the possibilities are endless!
More air fryer recipes
- AIR FRYER PISTACHIO CRUSTED SALMON
- AIR FRYER ROASTED SWEET POTATO JACK-O-LANTERNS
- Easy AIR FRYER FENNEL
- AIR FRYER RED POTATOES RECIPE
- AIR FRYER SEASONED FRENCH FRIES
Air Fryer Tuna Melt Wrap
- 1 can tuna, drained, each can is 6 ounces
- 1/4 cup mayo, light or regular
- 1/8 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablspoon dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 8 inch tortilla wraps
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, melted and unsalted
- Note this recipe makes 2, divide the tuna into two wraps.
- Start by mixing together canned tuna, mayonnaise, diced onion, garlic powder, black pepper, dijon mustard, and dill pickle relish. Mix to combine.
- Warm your tortillas in the microwave or air fryer, heating until warmed, about 20 to 30 seconds. This will make the tortillas easy to wrap!
- Spread the mixture onto a flour tortilla, and sprinkle your shredded cheese on top!
- Roll up your tortillas, like you would a burrito, then brush them with melted butter.
- Air Fry!! Place the wrap in a preheated air fryer, at 390 degrees F, then cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the tortilla is nice and crispy! If you want to brush utter on the tortilla, after you flip, that would be a great way to get the entire tortilla crispy!
- Air Fryer