Do you feel like your go-to dinners have become a bit boring and repetitive? Are you looking for ways to make meals more exciting without breaking the bank? If so, look no further than this recipe for frozen tuna steaks air fried in an air fryer!
Not only is this meal quick and easy to prepare, but it also contains high-quality ingredients that will help keep you feeling full and energized. Packed with protein and essential omega-3 fatty acids, as well as crunchy vegetables cooked to perfection in the air fryer, your tastebuds won’t know what hit them! So put aside that grilled cheese sandwich tonight–you don’t want to miss out on this unique twist on the fish night!
Can You Cook Frozen Tuna Steaks In Air Fryer
Yes! If you love the flavor and juiciness of perfectly cooked tuna steaks but don’t have the time to fire up a grill or cook it on your stove, then an air fryer is your perfect solution!
With just a few simple steps, you can create delicious, flavorful fish meals using a fraction of the fat when compared to traditional methods. This makes an easy way to get a perfect weeknight meal on your table in minutes!
What Are The Different Types of Tuna Steaks You Can Buy In The Grocery Store
The most common types of tuna steaks you can buy at your local grocery store are albacore, yellowfin, and skipjack tuna. Albacore is a larger fish with firm, light pink flesh, and mild flavor. Yellowfin has more fat content than other varieties and a slightly sweet taste. Skipjack is typically the least expensive option and has a mild flavor and light pinkish-gray flesh. All of these varieties are available in fresh, frozen, or canned tuna form.
The Best Frozen Tuna Steak Air Fryer Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dinner option that is also incredibly easy to make? Then look no further than this frozen tuna steak air fryer recipe! This simple yet flavorful dinner will be sure to please diners of all ages.
Air frying ensures that your tuna steaks are cooked evenly and remain juicy with minimal oil necessary for preparation – making it the perfect weeknight meal, especially if you’re short on time.
Plus, by using frozen steaks, there’s no mess or defrosting required, making this one of the easiest meals ever to whip up in your air fryer. Read on to find out more about this delicious and nutritious meal idea!
How To Cook Frozen Tuna Steaks In Air Fryer
Preheating the air fryer to 400°F. Place the frozen steak on the basket of the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until it has reached an internal temperature of 145°F for medium rare. For a crispier texture, brush some oil or melted butter over the steak before cooking.
Ingredients Needed For Seasoned Frozen Tuna Steaks
Tuna steaks are a delicious and nutritious part of any meal, but let’s face it – they can be tricky to cook! You don’t want them too dry, nor do you want them overdone. But that doesn’t mean frozen tuna steak has to be something difficult or time-consuming. With a few simple ingredients, you can have flavorful seasoned frozen tuna steaks in no time at all – and enjoy a dinner full of omega-3s and protein goodness! In this blog post, we’ll walk through what ingredients you need for the perfect moist and savory seasoned frozen tuna steaks.
Remember the step-by-step ingredients are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Tuna: Use frozen bluefin tuna, yellow tuna, bigeye tuna, or yellowfin tuna steaks
- Soy Sauce: Use low-sodium or regular soy sauce
- High Heat Oil: Either use olive oil, avocado oil, sesame oil, or grapeseed oil, for a milder flavor.
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder
- Serving: Serve with Dipping Sauce, Sliced Green Onions, and Sesame Seeds
How To Cook Frozen Tuna Steaks In Air Fryer
This is a very delicious recipe for a simple dinner, if you love tuna fish, you will love this air fryer tuna steaks recipe!
Step One: Season Tuna Steaks
In a small bowl, add the soy sauce, oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, and mix well. Rub the seasoning on top of the frozen tuna steaks.
Step Two: Air Fry Frozen Tuna Steaks
Place the frozen seasoned tuna steaks into the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and set the temperature to 370 degrees Fahrenheit, and set the cooking time for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
Step Three: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Best Way To Season Tuna Steaks
Seasoning tuna steaks can be done in many different ways. The most popular methods are marinating, and seasoning with herbs and spices.
Marinating is another popular way to prepare tuna steaks. This method allows for more creativity in seasoning as marinades can be made with almost any combination of flavors you like. Start by combining ingredients such as oil, vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, herbs, and spices in a large bowl or bag. Add the tuna steaks to the marinade and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
Using a combination of fresh herbs and spices is also an excellent way to season tuna steaks. Popular choices include garlic powder, cumin, oregano, old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Start by sprinkling the herbs and spices onto both sides of the tuna steak. Leave for about 2-3 minutes, before air frying.
What To Serve With Tuna Steaks
Tuna steaks are incredibly versatile and can be cooked in a variety of ways such as grilling, pan-searing, or baking. They pair well with many different side dishes, so there is something for everyone on the menu. Here are some ideas to help you create an amazing meal with tuna steaks:
- Salads: Salads are a great accompaniment to tuna steaks. A simple green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers is a classic choice, but you can also mix it up with some fruit such as apples or pears, nuts like walnuts or almonds, and fresh herbs for extra flavor.
- Sides: Potatoes make for a great side dish with tuna steaks. You can bake, fry or roast potatoes to top your plate. Other starches like rice and quinoa are also great choices for a balanced meal. Vegetables such as green beans, broccoli, or squash work well too.
- Sauces: Sauces bring out the flavors in tuna steaks. Try a classic lemon and butter sauce, or try something more exotic such as mango salsa or pesto. Soy sauce marinade is the most popular, one, add a teaspoon of brown sugar. The sauces can also be used to marinate the steaks before cooking for extra flavor.
How To Store Leftover Tuna Steaks
Let the leftover tuna steak cool to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container. You can also wrap it in plastic wrap, before storing it. The leftover tuna steak will last for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Ahi Tuna
- AIR FRYER SOUTHERN-STYLE SHRIMP
- CRISPY AIR FRYER COD
- HOW TO REHEAT LOBSTER IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER EVERYTHING BAGEL SALMON
- AIR FRYER MAHI MAHI
- EASY AIR FRYER BACON AND CRAB ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHILEAN SEA BASS
- AIR FRYER BOURBON GLAZED SALMON
Frozen Tuna Steaks Air Fryer
- 2 frozen tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, add the soy sauce, oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, and mix well. Rub the seasoning on top of the frozen tuna steaks
- Place the frozen seasoned tuna steaks into the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and set the temperature to 370 degrees Fahrenheit, and set the cooking time for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven