Air Fryer Everything Bagel Salmon — Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dish to make with dinner tonight? If so, this Air Fryer Everything Bagel Salmon is perfect! Packed with all the flavors of an everything bagel, like sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic salt, and deliciously seasoned salmon filets, this recipe creates a meal that looks beautiful and tastes absolutely amazing.
Not only will it tantalize your taste buds, but it’s also quick and easy to make! Plus, the air fryer helps lock in moisture while ensuring a crunchy exterior, making it one of the most flavorful fish dishes you’ll ever have. So, if you’re looking for something unique and special – look no further than this Air Fryer Everything Bagel Salmon!
The Best Everything Bagel Salmon Recipe
Embrace the culinary magic of your air fryer with a dish that combines flavor and health in every bite: Air Fryer Everything Bagel Salmon. This recipe pairs salmon’s rich, omega-packed goodness with the iconic seasoning blend we all adore.
Nothing is better than the crispy skin and the flavor of a bagel crust around your salmon, which makes for a delicious meal.
Cooking salmon has never been easier; remember to check out my Frozen Air Fryer Salmon, Air Fryer Salmon Bites, or Air Fryer Avocado Toast recipe. They all make for a simple air fryer salmon recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Everything Bagel Salmon
Are you looking for an easy and delicious way to elevate your air fryer game? From mind-blowing fried chicken to creamy mac and cheese, the possibilities when using your air fryer are endless.
Today, we’re bringing you a dish that will make all your friends marvel at what you can create with this small appliance – Air Fryer Everything Bagel Salmon! Not only is this recipe packed with flavor from zesty seasonings, but just four main ingredients make it a cinch to whip together. Check out our tips below and the simple step-by-step instructions so that you, too, can participate in the growing trend of making restaurant-worthy meals with an air fryer.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutraitaoitnal information.
- Salmon Fillets: The star of this dish, salmon is a deliciously tender fish packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for heart health. Choose fresh, pink, and firm fillets for best results.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: This trendy seasoning mix combines the flavors of sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, poppy seeds, and salt. A crunchy, savory sprinkle transforms the salmon into a gourmet delight.
- Olive Oil: A heart-healthy fat, olive oil helps the Everything Bagel Seasoning stick to the salmon and enhances its natural flavors. You can also use avocado oil.
- Lemon (optional): A squeeze of fresh lemon juice right before serving can elevate the taste with a zesty tang, complementing the richness of the salmon.
- Fresh Parsley (for garnish): Parsley adds a splash of color to the plate, and its fresh, herbaceous taste contrasts beautifully with the savory salmon.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: To taste, these classic seasonings ensure that the salmon’s natural flavors shine through, balancing out the boldness of the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
How To Cook Everything Bagel Salmon In Air Fryer
Remember the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
Preparation: Begin by patting the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel. This ensures that the olive oil and seasoning adhere well to the fish. Lay the fillets out on a tray or plate.
Oil Application: Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the top of the salmon fillets. Use a pastry brush or spoon to spread the oil evenly, ensuring all parts of the salmon are lightly coated.
Seasoning: Generously sprinkle the Everything Bagel Seasoning over each fillet, ensuring an even distribution. If desired, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, but be cautious, as the Everything Bagel Seasoning already contains salt.
Air Fryer Setup: Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F (190°C) for about 3 minutes. If your air fryer has a fish or seafood setting, you can use that instead.
Cooking: Once preheated, carefully place the seasoned salmon fillets (skin side down) into the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not touching. Set cooking time for 7-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets. The salmon should easily flake with a fork when it’s done. Check the internal temperature in the thickest part of the salmon with a meat thermometer before removing the salmon filet from the air fryer basket. The internal temperature of the salmon should reach 145 degrees F, as recommended by the FDA.
Serving: Carefully remove the salmon from the air fryer using a spatula once cooked. Place on serving plates. You can squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top and garnish with chopped parsley for a refreshing touch.
Enjoy! Pair with a light salad, steamed veggies, or your favorite side dish for a well-rounded meal.
Note: Cooking times may vary based on your air fryer’s specific model and brand, so it’s always a good idea to watch your salmon, especially the first time you’re trying this recipe.
Pro Tips For Air Fryer Everything Bagel Salmon
- Quality Matters: Always opt for fresh, high-quality salmon fillets. They not only taste better but also cook more evenly. Look for a vibrant pink to reddish hue when selecting salmon.
- Skin-On vs. Skin-Off: While both work in the air fryer, keeping the skin on can help retain moisture and flavor during cooking. Plus, the skin can become delightfully crispy in the air fryer! Place the salmon fillets skin side down when cooking.
- Avoid Overcrowding: It might be tempting to fit as many pieces as possible into the fryer but resist the urge. Overcrowding can cause uneven cooking. Make sure there’s space around each fillet for proper air circulation.
- Check For Doneness: The cooking time can vary based on the thickness of your salmon and individual air fryer models. Check the salmon at the 7-minute mark. Perfectly cooked salmon will flake easily with a fork.
- Season Generously: The Everything Bagel seasoning adds incredible flavor to the salmon. However, remember it can be quite salty, so adjust any additional salt accordingly.
- Add A Touch of Acidity: A squeeze of fresh lemon juice or a drizzle of white wine vinegar can elevate the flavors and balance out the richness of the salmon.
- Pairings Matter: To complement the rich flavors, consider serving the salmon with light sides like roasted asparagus, a fresh green salad, or sautéed spinach.
- Let It Rest: After cooking, allow the salmon to rest for a few minutes before serving. This helps the juices redistribute, ensuring a moist and flavorful fillet.
What Is Everything But The Bagel Seasoning Blend
Everything But The Bagel” seasoning blend is a popular mix that captures the flavors of an “everything” bagel, traditionally topped with various seeds and seasonings. This blend has gained significant popularity, especially due to its versatility in seasoning a wide range of dishes beyond bagels.
The typical ingredients in the “Everything But The Bagel” seasoning blend include:
Sesame Seeds: These add a nutty flavor and a delicate crunch.
Poppy Seeds: Tiny black seeds that contribute another layer of crunch and a slightly nutty flavor.
Dried Garlic Flakes: These provide a robust, savory garlic flavor.
Dried Onion Flakes: These give a hint of sharpness and umami.
Coarse Sea Salt: Enhances flavors and adds a burst of saltiness.
Black Sesame Seeds (optional): Some blends include these for added color and a slightly different flavor profile.
The blend can be sprinkled on avocados, eggs, salads, and meats or used as a crust for fish or chicken. It’s also great in dips or on top of baked goods. The seasoning is often associated with Trader Joe’s, but many other brands and homemade versions have also become popular.
Where To Buy Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
“Everything But The Bagel” seasoning blend has become quite popular and can be found at a variety of locations:
- Trader Joe’s: This is perhaps the most well-known source of the seasoning, as their version of the blend has garnered a large following.
- Costco: They carry a version of the seasoning in larger containers.
- Amazon: Numerous brands and variations of the seasoning can be found on this platform, making it accessible to those who may not have specific retailers nearby.
- Walmart: They carry both their store brand and other brands of seasoning.
- Other Grocery Stores: Many national and local grocery store chains have either their version of the seasoning or carry national brands.
- Specialty and Gourmet Stores: Some specialty food stores may carry gourmet versions or unique twists on the blend.
- Online Specialty Retailers: Many online spice shops or specialty food retailers carry the blend.
- DIY: If you prefer, you can make your own “Everything But The Bagel” seasoning blend at home using the individual ingredients.
When shopping, it’s a good idea to read the ingredient list to ensure the blend matches what you’re looking for, as some might have additional ingredients or vary in proportions.
FAQ About Cooking Bagel Air Fryer Salmon
Can I use frozen salmon for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen salmon. However, it’s best to thaw it in the refrigerator before seasoning and cooking in the air fryer. This ensures even cooking and optimal flavor.
What if I don’t have Everything Bagel seasoning?
While this seasoning adds a unique flavor, you can mix it using poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic powder, dried onion flakes, dried garlic flakes, and sea salt. Alternatively, use your favorite seasoning blend.
How do I know when the salmon is done?
Salmon is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). It should also flake easily with a fork.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While fresh is best, you can cook the salmon and refrigerate it. When ready to eat, reheat it in the air fryer for a few minutes until warm.
I don’t like salmon; can I use another type of fish?
Absolutely! This seasoning and method can work for cod, halibut, or trout. Just adjust cooking times based on the thickness of the fillet.
Do I need to oil the air fryer basket?
A light spray of cooking oil or a brush of olive oil can prevent sticking and add an extra crispness to the salmon’s exterior.
Is the skin edible?
The skin is edible and can become crispy in the air fryer. If you prefer not to eat it, it’s easy to remove after cooking.
Storing: Store leftovers after cooling to room temperature before placing leftover salmon in an airtight container. The salmon will last for 2-3 days.
What to serve with salmon: Some great side dish with bagel salmon is air fryer cauliflower rice, air fryer asparagus, and even air fryer sweet potatoes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER NEW YORK-STYLE CHOPPED CHEESE RECIPE
- AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN LEGS
- 20 AUTHENTIC AIR FRYER ITALIAN RECIPES
- AIR FRYER BAKING POWDER BISCUITS
- EASY AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER SPICY ITALIAN SANDWICH
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Everything Bagel Salmon
- 2 6 ounces salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Add the seasoning mix to your salmon, and then place it into an air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, and dook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Cooking Spray
- Cool Completely: Allow the salmon to come to room temperature before storing. This prevents excess moisture from forming, which can make the fish soggy.
- Airtight Container: Place the leftover salmon in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Refrigeration: Store the salmon in the refrigerator for up to 3 days for best flavor and texture. Consuming fish within this timeframe ensures freshness.
- Reheating: For best results, reheat the salmon in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for 3-4 minutes or until warmed through. Avoid microwaving as it can make the salmon dry out or become overly fishy in smell.
- Freezing: While it’s best to consume cooked salmon promptly, you can freeze leftovers for up to a month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat as directed above.
- Note: Repeated reheating can dry out the salmon, so it’s recommended to only reheat the portion you intend to consume.