This is one of the most budget-friendly meals, you can make in the air fryer or oven. Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs or Drumsticks. I usually stock up on chicken legs or drumsticks when they are 99 cents a pound.
These were one of my childhood go-to meals, they are so easy to make, and hardly any ingredients, but lots and lots of flavor. And, who really liked spending time in the kitchen?
This is Air Fryer BBQ at it’s finest at the end you get the true BBQ flavor, without a lot of effort, but a tender and juicy piece of meat that you can really sink your teeth into. This is a crispy air fryer bbq chicken recipe.
How To Make Air Fryer BBQ Chicken LegsIn The Air Fryer–
This is the same method that you would use in the oven or on a grill. Just much easier.
Today I dredged the chicken legs with flour, which will help you to create a great brown crust. Which really lets the chicken leg get a nice crust before you add BBQ Sauce.
For an added crunch you can also add baking soda, which will give it the crunchy feel of air fryer fried chicken.
- This dish can be made with any chicken that you have on hand, including thighs, boneless chicken breast, etc.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe.
What Kind of BBQ Sauce Should I Use?
Some of my favorites: (affiliate links are included)
How To Reheat Them in The Air Fryer?
If you have any leftovers, they are easily reheated in the air fryer. Simply place them in the air fryer, at 350 degrees F, for about 6 to 8 minutes.
Some Other Great Chicken Recipes, Made Just for the Air Fryer–
Don’t Forget To Pin, Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs–
This is such a budget saver meal, I usually stock up on chicken legs, when they are about 99 cents a pound, and this sauce along with the air fryer, make an excellent meal.
- 1 package chicken legs (family pack)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Lay out your chicken.
- Start by mixing the flour, salt, and pepper in a large freezer bag
- Then coat your chicken one by one and as you coat them in the flour mixture, place them into your air fryer basket.
Set the temperature to 360 degrees F, and cook for 22 minutes. At 11 minutes, open your basket and flip the chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the ketchup and brown sugar and mix well, on a slow simmer. Until well combined.
- When your chicken is completely cooked (remember to check your chicken with a meat thermometer) and when it’s cooked coat your chicken legs, one by one in the sauce.
- As you coat the chicken in the sauce, place it on a lined baking sheet, place the baking sheet into the oven using the high broiler, for about 3 to 4 minutes. Just enough so the legs are hot and bubbly.
- Plate and serve and of course, enjoy!
Keywords: bbq chicken air fryer recipes bbq chicken in air fryer oven bbq chicken breast air fryer recipes air fryer bbq boneless chicken thighs air fryer bbq chicken breast recipe air fryer bbq boneless chicken breast bbq chicken legs in oven air fryer bbq boneless skinless chicken breast