Growing up, we would splurge and have Kentucky Fried Chicken on Sundays. It was a huge treat, and my sister and I really looked forward to it, the crispy flavor of the chicken and the warm biscuits, was quite a meal.
Now, that I have kids, and we are trying to eat healthier, we do not make a weekly trip to KFC, but I do make a mean chicken in my air fryer, and Instant Pot. I find that making drumsticks is great, fun and affordable food. Since I’m feeding two hungry teenagers, the family pack of drumsticks costs a few dollars but goes a long way.
I love easy meals, I seriously, just love them, since I don’t have to spend all day in the kitchen making food, it frees me up to do other things in life, like walking, gardening, bringing my son to hockey or robotics, etc. I usually use thawed chicken drumsticks, but if you want to keep a stash of frozen ones in the freezer, that’s another great meal idea. My son loves it when I take the skin off, since he’s not a fan of the skin, and since it’s relatively easy to remove the skin, I usually just remove it on all of them, but if you are partial to the skin, just keep it on.
As I am always looking for food to feed a crowd, think BBQs, potlucks, holiday meals, etc., this would be a crowd-pleaser. Drumsticks are one of the greatest finger foods. Chicken drumsticks are very easy to make. The best advice, I will give you about making them, is that you need to season them before you coat them with any BBQ sauce.
As always, I hope you and your family enjoy it!
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer (Today I made bacon in the air fryer, Omni)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
This is a great flavor, it brings out the nice smoky taste in the air fryer, It’s one of my family’s favorite meals.
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks or legs
Korean BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Start by placing the chicken drumsticks in a large mixing bowl.
- Then pour int he soy sauce, dark brown sugar, minced garlic, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and ground ginger, mix well.
- Marinade overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Place the chicken drumsticks or legs onto the air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
- Set temperature to 400 degrees F, for 15 minutes, then flip them, and cook for another 7 to 10 minutes, as soon as they are cooked, (check with a meat thermometer) remove.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: korean fried chicken air fryer air fryer chicken drumsticks air fryer korean chicken thighs air fried chicken air fryer chicken drumsticks bbq buffalo chicken drumsticks air fryer chicken drumsticks in philips air fryer air fryer buttermilk chicken drumsticks