These Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs are so flavorful and cooked in the air fryer with just garlic, parmesan cheese. Then they’re brushed before being served up on a bed of freshly grated cheddar for that extra kick! You won’t be able to stop at one when these crispy, juicy bites arrive at your doorstep in 30 minutes flat – we know because we’ve tried them ourselves 😉
These Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs are so flavorful and crispy that you’ll be addicted before your first bite.
Their delicious flavor is only enhanced by the garlic butter sauce, which we recommend serving on top with freshly grated parmesan for an extra layer of creaminess!
This is one of the most fabulous flavors for chicken legs… it tastes even better than what’s sold at grocery stores near me! If you love Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Wings, this is a great alternative!
And they are so addicting!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER CHICKEN THIGHS WITH A HOMEMADE DRY RUB, AIR FRYER CHICKEN CORDON BLEU, AIR FRYER STARBUCKS COPYCAT PROTEIN BOXES, and AIR FRYER BROCCOLI AND CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
It’s time to get your protein on! We just got the most delicious drumsticks from our trusty air fryer. You won’t believe how good these bad boys look or taste without all those pesky calories and oil!
This is a healthy way to make a delicious batch for your family!
And they are so good!
The most fantastic garlic parmesan chicken is quickly becoming one of our favorite easy weeknight meals. With only a few ingredients, it’s so quick and simple to make – perfect for when you don’t have time but still want something delicious!
The addition of fresh ground pepper makes this dish not only flavorful enough that even picky eaters will enjoy (and approve!), but also wonderfully crispy on the outside while maintaining moisture inside thanks to pureed tomatoes…you won’t believe how much they change everything up in such a small package until we tell you what exactly goes into them 😉 They’re great served as an appetizer or paired with your favorite sides like air fryer macaroni and cheese!
Why You’ll Love this Air Fried Garlic Parmesan Chicken:
Quick & Easy: This is a quick and easy way to cook drumsticks. In just minutes, you can have tender meat on your dinner table without all of the hassles!
Kid-Friendly: The yummy flavor of these chicken legs will make your kids very happy!
Healthy: Air fryers are the new frontier for delicious and healthy food. Because these appliances use minimal oil, cooking your meal in one means you don’t have to worry about deep-frying, which can lead to many unhealthy byproducts like trans fats or cholesterol associated with using extra oils at high heat during traditional methods of preparation.
How to make Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks
Rub the baking powder over the chicken drumsticks. In a large Ziploc bag, add the garlic and parmesan mix.
Set the wings into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 25 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
- Before coating the drumsticks in baking powder and seasonings, pat down the skin to remove excess moisture. This will help you achieve that delicious crunchy outside while keeping them juicy on the inside!
- So many people overcrowd their air fryer baskets, and it affects how the food cooks. Make sure you only put drumsticks in one layer; otherwise, they won’t cook evenly, so if necessary, cook them in batches of two!
- The best way to ensure your chicken breasts are cooked through and ready for eating is by using an instant-read thermometer. You should aim for a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, which will ensure that the meat inside has been heated all the way through without being undercooked or overcooked on either side!
- When you’re ready to serve the chicken, let it rest for 5 minutes. This will allow juices to settle in your chicken and ensure that your meal is as juicy or better than before!
How To Store:
If you have any chicken leftover, let it cool to room temperature, and then place it into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
How To Reheat:
These garlic parmesan chicken drumsticks are so easy to reheat with the air fryer. You will never know that you are eating leftovers!
To reheat, set the chicken legs into the air fryer and set the temperature to 360 degrees F, air fryer setting, and heat until warmed through.
What Cheese To Use:
You can make these drumsticks with pre-grated or fresh parmesan, but I do find that it is better quality for the dish to use freshly grated.
Fresh is always better since it’s less grainy than processed parmesan cheese.
How To Make The Chicken Legs in The Oven
If you want to make a double or triple batch, you can cook them in the oven. Prepare the recipe as directed, and then set them on a baking sheet. Set the baking sheet into a preheated 375-degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken before removing it, and it should be 165 degrees F before removing it.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER TERIYAKI PORK CHOPS
- AIR FRYER CRAB LEGS
- EASY AIR FRYER AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER SKIRT STEAK
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Add the parmesan cheese, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a large Ziploc Bag. Mix well.
- Use a paper towel, and dry your chicken legs on, then coat them with baking powder.
- Either spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray or line your air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- Set your chicken on top, set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 25 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
- Check your chicken with a meat thermometer. When the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, remove it from the air fryer and rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional