When you think about chicken, you probably get hungry. However, chicken is such an important part of the American diet. Whether it’s grilled, baked, or fried, it’s a dinner staple that a lot of people enjoy in their diet. Of course, understanding everything about chicken can be hard because it can be enjoyed in so many different ways.
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN IN AN AIR FRYER
Air fryers are very popular these days! Almost every household has an air fryer or is thinking about buying one for their home. The good news is that cooking chicken in the air fryer is quite easy! Here are some tips for cooking chicken in an air fryer.
FROZEN CHICKEN IN AN AIR FRYER
If you want to cook frozen chicken in an air fryer, you will need to preheat the air fryer to around 390 degrees. The frozen chicken breast will need to cook for around 20-25 minutes. If you have more than one chicken breast, you will need to cook it longer.
FRESH CHICKEN IN AN AIR FRYER
To make fresh chicken in an air fryer, you will need to preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. You will want to season the chicken before putting it in the air fryer. Put the chicken in the air fryer basket for 7 minutes. Once it’s cooked for 7 minutes, you will want to flip it over and cook it for another 4 minutes.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–Print
Air Fryer, Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breast
A very easy and tasty chicken dish to make with your air fryer. The mayonnaise gives a great flavor to it. And the panko and olive oil, give you a great crisp bite. Finished off with shredded cheese and garlic butter.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 17
- Total Time: 27
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- tart by cutting your breasts in half, and then use a mallet to thin our your chicken. It will come out better if it’s thinner in the air fryer.
- Then in a small bowl, mix together the herbs and panko breadcrumbs.
- Add the mayonnaise to a resealable bag.
- Then place your chicken inside the bag, coating it on both sides.
- Then dip your coated chicken in the panko/herb bread crumb mix.
- As you coat them, place them in either a greased (with olive oil) basket or air fryer tray.
- The crucial step–if you want really crispy chicken, you must spray the entire coating with olive oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the butter and minced garlic.
- Set the temperature to 370 degrees F, for 7 minutes, after 7 minutes flip the chicken and air fry for another 5 minutes. Check the internal temperature after this, and make sure it’s at least 165 degrees F.
- Then add the shredded Parmesan cheese and top the cheese with the garlic butter, set into the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes, just enough for the cheese to start to melt as well as the butter.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!