Air Fryer Bone In Chicken Breast — Are you constantly struggling to make juicy, delicious bone-in chicken breasts? If so, it may be time to use an air fryer! Air-fried bone-in chicken breasts are incredibly easy and full of flavor. In this blog post, we’ll explore the simple steps needed to create a perfect air fryer meal – from prepping the ingredients to creating a mouthwatering end result that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or just curious about new cooking methods, this is one dish worth making. So don’t wait – let’s get cooking!
If you’re looking to save time and calories but still want a delicious poultry dinner option, air fryer bone-in chicken breasts are the answer. With this simple one-pan method, you get perfectly cooked, moist and juicy chicken with plenty of flavors. You don’t need much oil or prep time, and cleanup is a breeze making it an ideal midweek meal. Air frying makes it possible to get crispy skin without wasting hours at the stove! In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the steps to make flavorful air fryer bone-in chicken and tips on preparing it for optimal taste and texture. Get ready for amazing dinners that your family will love!
If you have been looking for easy ways to cook chicken in the air fryer, here are some of my favorite air fryer chicken recipes!
Learn how to make the perfect air fryer chicken breasts juicy and tender! Then one of my favorites is Lemon and Garlic Air Fryer Chicken Thighs. This recipe is perfect if you have been looking for juicy chicken thighs! Both are so easy to make and full of flavor! Then if you are looking for a great air fryer stuffed chicken recipe, one of my favorites is Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast, full of Broccoli and Cheese.
But if you have been looking for a foolproof recipe for bone-in chicken thighs, this is one of the best!
Can You Cook Bone In Chicken Breast In Air Fryer?
Yes! And it’s amazing if you have been looking for a way to air fryer chicken breast; this is one of the best ways! The chicken cooks up perfectly and makes for one of my favorite easy meals; it’s also a great option if you have been looking for a low-carb and keto-friendly meal.
The air fryer seals in all of the raw chicken’s juice, a great simple recipe! So, the next time you want some flavor chicken breasts, reach for your air fryer!
After all, who doesn’t love easy chicken recipes?
Why You Will Love This Recipe For Air Fryer Bone In Chicken Breast
- Easy Meal Prep
- The Best Way To Cook Chicken
- Hot Air Circulates around The Chicken, So You no longer get dry chicken!
- Tender Chicken!
- Simple Ingredients
- Low Carb
- Less Oil
Ingredients Needed For Bone-In Chicken Breast
If you love the flavor and texture of chicken, then the bone-in chicken breast is something you need to include in your recipes. This versatile protein can shape the base of various dishes, from savory stir-fries to comforting casseroles. The main ingredients for these delicious dinners are easy to find at the local grocery store or supermarket. Do not be intimidated about making your own meal at home.
Remember all of the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card.
- Bone-In Chicken Breast: You can use bone-in, skin-on chicken breast, or skinless bone-in chicken breast.
- Oil: Olive oil perfectly helps crisp up the skin.
- Seasonings and Spices: Minced Garlic, chicken seasoning or chicken rub, dried oregano, and rosemary.
How to Cook Bone In Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
Step One: Season Your Bone-In Chicken
Start by drying the chicken with a paper towel. This will help the chicken skin crisp up. Then in a small bowl, add the oil and the seasonings, and mix well. Brush the seasoning blend over the chicken.
Step Two: Air Fry Bone-In Chicken Breast
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F, add the chicken, skin side down, single layer, into the air fryer basket, and cook for 15 minutes. Then flip the chicken, skin side up, and cook for another 10-15 minutes; remove when golden brown. When the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, frequently check with an instant-read thermometer.
Step Three: Rest
Let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Skin: You can leave the skin on or remove the skin right before serving. The chicken skin has a lot of flavors.
- Baking Powder: Add a teaspoon of baking powder to the seasoning mix to crisp the skin.
- Size Of The Chicken Breast: Larger Chicken Breasts will take longer to cook, so it’s important that you use an instant-read thermometer meat thermometer before removing the chicken from the air fryer. Since the size of your chicken breasts will vary, it’s important that you use a meat thermometer.
- Oil: I recommend using olive oil since it is a high-smoking pint, but you can also use avocado oil or coconut oil.
- Seasoning: There are so many ways to season these chicken breasts; some of my favorites are a simple dry rub, salt, Italian Seasoning, black pepper, onion powder, or garlic powder; pay careful attention to seasoning the sides of the chicken.
- Cook Times: You can make this recipe in an air fry model or oven air fryer model; even the Ninja Air Fryer, the air fryer model, will change your cooking time by a few minutes. Since every air fryer cooks slightly differently, remember to use an instant read thermometer for the best results.
- BBQ Sauce: A great option for a quick meal is to rub bbq sauce over the chicken breast. For a different flavor, try brown sugar bbq sauce!
What to Serve With Baked Split Chicken Breasts
Baked split chicken breasts make a delicious and nutritious meal, but what do you serve with them? Here are some great ideas for sides that will bring out the flavors of your baked chicken.
- Consider adding starch to your plate. Roasted potatoes are a classic accompaniment to baked chicken Rice, couscous, or quinoa can also provide a good base for your meal.
- For vegetables, try roasted asparagus or green beans. Sautéed mushrooms and onions are a tasty option, as well. A simple salad of crunchy greens and tomatoes can also complete the meal.
- Finally, don’t forget about bread! A crusty loaf of artisan bread and some butter are great for soaking up all the delicious juices from the chicken. For a healthier option, try whole-grain rolls or even gluten-free flatbread.
To Store: Leftover chicken is amazing and great for meal prepping and make-ahead meals. Let the chicken breast cool to room temperature and place it in an airtight container. The chicken will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
To Freezer: This is a great meal prep idea; let the chicken cool to room temperature and then place it into a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. The chicken will last for 2-3 months. For best results, let the chicken defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
To Reheat: Place the chicken breast into an air fryer basket, spray with cooking spray, and then heat at 350 degrees f for 5-9 minutes.
Recipes For Chicken With Bone
- Air Fryer KFC Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Easy Air Fry Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
- Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Easy Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Chicken Thigh Recipes
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken (Rotisseriee Style)
An air fryer is a fantastic kitchen appliance that can make quick work of so many recipes. From sweet to savory, an air fryer has many uses and is powerful enough to cook meals in a fraction of the time.
Cooking bone-in chicken breasts in an air fryer is no different. With a few simple and easy steps, you can achieve deliciously juicy, tender chicken with little preparation or time! You have delicious juicy chicken fast without having to turn on your oven or stove. The ease of this recipe makes it ideal for weeknight dinners and busy schedules where you are crunched for time. Whilst the method gives great results each and every time, add some fresh herbs and spices for additional flavor if desired! Invite your friends for dinner, knowing your cooked meal will be professionally prepared in an air fryer – and that’s something special!
Air Fryer Bone In Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts, bone in, skin on or off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning, or chicken rub
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Start by drying the chicken with a paper towel. This will help the chicken skin crisp up. Then in a small bowl, add the oil and the seasonings, and mix well. Brush the seasoning blend over the chicken.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F, add the chicken, skin side down, single layer, into the air fryer basket, and cook for 15 minutes. Then flip the chicken, skin side up, and cook for another 10-15 minutes; remove when golden brown. When the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, frequently check with an instant-read thermometer.
- Let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Air Fryer
- Meat Thermometer