Juicy and tender, are the two words that describe this chicken. And this was done in under an hour.
I will start off by saying this is absolutely fabulous. Words, cannot describe it. It was one of the best things, I have made in the air fryer or Ninja Foodi to date. It is so good, I have no words to describe it, although I’m a food blogger, so I guess I will have to try.
I will be the first person to admit, that I never really wanted to roast a chicken before until I got my air fryer. I mean really, it’s just a regular piece of chicken, but the whole, baked for an hour and it has some sort of flavoring on it. Not, very exciting to make. But, since my kids are eating a ton these days, I thought I would try my hand at making my 1st roasted chicken, in the air fryer.
And, I shouldn’t have waited, my kids were literally grabbing the meat off the bones. All of the meat was moist and delicious, they loved the skin too, which is weird because they usually don’t eat the skin. This one had tons of flavor and had a great crispy flavoring.
The size of the bird that you can cook will depend on how large your air fryer is. I have a 5 quart one, and my chicken was just over 3 pounds, and it fits wonderfully. You can season the chicken with anything, today I went with a copycat recipe for homemade rotisserie chicken. The same one that you will find in Costco or your local supermarket.
Other Chicken Dishes Made in the Air Fryer:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Ninja Foodi, Air Fryer-Rotisserie Roasted Chicken (Whole Chicken)
This is a really easy way to make a whole chicken in the Ninja Foodi, Pressure Cooker, my kids loves the tender meat, and they love the crispy skin.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teapoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white peper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Start by cleaning your chicken, remove the package of heart/gizzards, liver, etc. and run water through it, until it comes out clean.
- Then a small bowl mix all of the spices together.
Then rub the oil on one side of the chicken, and the rub mixture
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Ninja Foodi, if it does not have water, it will not come to pressure.
- Put your chicken into the Ninja Foodi Basket, and lock that into the pressure cooker.
- Use the Pressure cooker lid, and set the time for 25 minutes. (HIGH) Make sure that the vent is in the sealed position. Press the start button.
- Let the pressure naturally release, then add more of the rub and olive to the chicken, and put the air fryer lid on. Set for another 10 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, remove it and let sit, as the juices will distribute through the chicken, as you allow it to cool down.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: ninja foodi grill whole chicken ninja foodi whole chicken recipe ninja foodi frozen whole chicken rotisserie chicken in the ninja ninja foodi recipes chicken breast ninja foodi chicken breast recipe chicken breast in ninja foodi ninja foodi boneless chicken breast