This is one of the best recipes. If you own an air fryer, because I like you, sometimes forget to take something out for dinner, and then I am scrambling. Today, I will show you how to make a Frozen Chicken Breast In The Air Fryer.
So, if you totally forget to defrost your chicken but need something for dinner, this is the recipe for you!
So, whether you use frozen Chicken from Costco, Trader Joe’s, or your local grocery store, this recipe is for you. Because all of us have some frozen chicken breasts in the freezer, just waiting to be used.
If you are looking for even more Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorites are FROZEN CHICKEN PATTIES IN THE AIR FRYER, AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST (LEMON GARLIC), AIR FRYER HEALTHY BUFFALO CHICKEN, and AIR FRYER ITALIAN DRESSING CHICKEN.
Ingredients Needed For Making Frozen Chicken Breast In The Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, etc.
How To Make Frozen Chicken Breast In The Air Fryer
Start by preheating your air fryer to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for about 5 minutes.
Then add the chicken to the basket or tray, coat the olive oil over the chicken, and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. (and anything else you want)
Set the timer to 7 minutes. After the time is up, flip the chicken again, and set the timer for another 7 minutes.
Some Pro Tips:
- Check to see if your frozen chicken breast has already been cooked or they are raw. This will greatly affect the cooking times of the chicken.
- Try to put two frozen chicken breasts of equal sizes, so they both cook at similar times.
- Spray your basket with cooking spray if you find that sometimes food sticks in your basket.
- For best results, check your meat after cooking it, but removing it from the air fryer basket, with a meat thermometer to make sure it’s fully cooked.
- Single-layer and a non-crowded basket work best when cooking with the air fryer.
How To Season Frozen Chicken Breasts Made In The Air Fryer
There are two ways to season frozen chicken breasts that you made in the air fryer. They are seasoning or sauces.
Add some olive oil, and then rub on the seasoning of your choices, some of my favorite chicken seasonings:
- Salt, Black Pepper, Paprika
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Kick’n Chicken Seasoning
- Lawry’s All-Purpose Chicken Seasonings
- Any Dry Rub
You can either make shredded chicken with this recipe and serve up a great shredded chicken sandwich or add flavor to the chicken.
I would recommend that if you are shredding your chicken, cook as directed below, and then remove the chicken and shred your chicken, and then add the sauce and mix well. Serve as desired.
For non-shredding but using the sauce for seasoning the chicken, Starting to spread on the chicken after it slightly defrosted for best results.
Some Of My Favorite Chicken Sauces Are:
- BBQ Sauce
- Sweet Baby Rays Chicken Dipping Sauce
- Capital City Mambo Sauce
- Bourbon Chicken Sauce
How Long To Cook Frozen Chicken Breast?
The amount of time that you want to cook your chicken will depend on two things. How thick your frozen chicken breasts are, and what air fryer you own.
The average time of cooking a frozen chicken breast is about 15 minutes for a regular 1-inch frozen chicken breast. For any thicker, add about 4 to 7 minutes. Cook until the meat thermometer indicates that the chicken breast is fully cooked.
Over the years, I have made this dish in several air fryers, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, GoWise, Secura, and even the Instant Pot Crisp Lid. They all about 1 to 2 minutes different in cooking times.
What To Serve Chicken Breasts With
This recipe will work on any diet; from Weight Watchers, you can serve it with a large garden salad.
For KETO or Low Carb Diet, you can serve with either a salad, cauliflower rice, or a plate of steamed broccoli!
This recipe will work for everyone!
Some Other Great Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- FROZEN CHICKEN PATTIES IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN ORANGE CHICKEN
- EASY AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN TENDERS
- 2 6 ounce pieces of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Other seasonings and sauces as desired.
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 370 degrees F air fryer setting for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the chicken to the basket or tray, coat the olive oil over the chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the timer to 7 minutes. After the time is up, flip the chicken again, and set the timer for another 7 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature before you remove it. It should reach at least 165 degrees F.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!