These Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer are a new and exciting way to cook chicken wings! Air fryer frozen chicken wings are succulent, juicy, and have the most amazing crispy skin. They come together in minutes!
Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
Cooking air fryer frozen wings is a great way to save time and energy and end up with something incredibly tasty. Plus, they come out crispy and delicious every time! We’ll show you how to air fry chicken wings in an air fryer in this post.
Do you know those days when you don’t want to use your oven? Hot summer days when the idea of heating up the house or spending a lot of time cooking is dreaded. UGH! Well, dust off your air fryer and you’ll be amazed by all the tasty meals you can make. And you won’t even heat up the house.
This is my foolproof method for making air fryer frozen wings. They make the greatest appetizer, lunch, or dinner.
Why You’ll Love To Air Fry Frozen Wings
- Minimal prep work
- Great for entertaining
- Simple cleanup
- Healthier option than deep-fried wings
Check Out Our Latest Recipe:
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
So, I have you covered if you were looking for some great tricks and tips. I have been making wings for over 3 years in my air fryer.
Here are some more ways to air fry chicken wings
- Air Fryer Naked Wings | Naked wings are chicken wings that is air fried without any sauce. They also aren’t smothered in sauce like a traditional wing. Eat them plain or serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
- BBQ Chicken Wings | Who doesn’t love a good bbq chicken wing? Dive into these bbq chicken wings…you won’t regret it!
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Wings | Each bite is bursting with flavor—an entertaining twist to a traditional wing.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Frozen Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings or Sauces
How To Make Frozen Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
Step 1: Add wings to the basket
Place your frozen chicken wings into the air fryer basket and lightly baste with olive oil.
Step 2: Air fry frozen chicken wings
Cook for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees F, shaking the basket every 5 minutes until the frozen chicken wings are fully cooked.
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. When it reaches 165 degrees F, they’re done!
Step 3: Add sauce
Toss with your favorite sauce and return the chicken wings to the air fryer. Cook for about 2-3 minutes at 400 degrees F to turn the sauce into a sticky glaze.
Step 4: Serve
Serve with ranch or your favorite dipping sauces and devour!
- Don’t crowd the wings. You need to make sure to space out the air fryer frozen wings so they aren’t touching. Leaving space allows the air to properly flow and cook the wings.
- Make them extra crispy. Simply coat the wings in baking powder before air frying if you want them to have even more crunch.
- Save time on cleanup. To reduce your time spent cleaning up, line your basket with parchment paper. It’s best to use a brand that has holes in it so the air can circulate properly.
- Don’t forget to shake it. Shake the frozen wings in air fryer basket every 5 minutes; this way, the wings get evenly cooked. If you have an air fryer oven, use a pair of sturdy tongs.
- Cook before saucing. Don’t add sauce until after they are cooked. This will prevent the sauce from burning.
How to Know When Air Fryer Frozen Wings Are Done?
The best way to know your chicken wings are done is by using a meat thermometer. Stick into the thickest part of the chicken, making sure not to touch a bone. Then, if it reads 165 degrees, your wings are done.
Another way to tell is by cutting a wing open. There should be no pink and the juices should run clear from the chicken.
Do I Need To Preheat My Air Fryer?
No, you do not need to preheat when you make air fryer frozen chicken wings. While some recipes require preheating, this one does not. Check out my tips for making the best air fryer chicken wings!
Do I Need To Thaw My Chicken Wings First?
No, just air fry them directly from frozen. If you thaw them first, they will not come out crispy.
How Many Wings Can I Cook In The Air Fryer?
Every air fryer is a little bit different in size and capacity. Read the manufacturer’s information to get a better idea of what your device can do. In general, add only a single layer of frozen chicken wings in the air fryer.
Do Chicken Wings Shrink in the Air Fryer?
Yes, chicken wings will shrink in both the oven and air fryer. Chicken loses moisture as it cooks. Don’t worry, this is perfectly normal and there isn’t anything you can do about it.
Can I Dry Rub Before Air Frying Them?
Yes, I often add a dry rub along with some baking powder when making frozen wings in the air fryer.
Can I Cook Chicken Wings In A Traditional Oven?
Yes, of course. Simply bake them for about 40-50 minutes at 425 degrees F.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BOSTON BROWN BREAD
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER LATKES
- AIR FRYER FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
- AIR FRYER TWICE-BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- EASY AIR FRYER LOADED POTATO CHIPS
I love chicken wings. I don’t think there is any food that makes me happier than a plate full of crispy, hot and juicy wings. But as much as I love eating them, they aren’t exactly the healthiest option out there. That’s why when my husband got an air fryer for Christmas this year, we decided to try making some air fried frozen wings! And let me tell you – these things are AMAZING! They come out so crispy and delicious without all of the extra fat from deep frying them in oil – which means you can eat way more of them (or share with friends!) without feeling guilty about it!
- 2 pounds frozen chicken wings
Place your frozen chicken wings into the air fryer basket for 25-30 minutes, at 400 degrees F. Shaking the basket every 5 minutes. Until the frozen chicken wings are fully cooked.
Use a meat thermometer and check for the internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Then toss with your favorite sauce.
Return the chicken wings back to the air fryer and air fry for about 2-3 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
AIR FRYER FRESH CHICKEN WINGS
- Place your frozen chicken wings into the air fryer basket for 20 to 22 minutes, at 400 degrees F. Shaking the basket every 5 minutes until the frozen chicken wings are fully cooked.
- Use a meat thermometer and check for the internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Then toss with your favorite sauce.
- Return the chicken wings to the air fryer and air fry for about 2-3 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply