Chicken wings are the best game day food, there are so many varieties that you can make. When I was growing up, a long, long time ago, I do not remember that there were special Chicken Wing restaurants, but by the time I got married, my husband and I would venture out to a local Chicken Wing restaurant, in Cleveland, called Winking Lizard Tavern, it was amazing. When we moved to New Hampshire, we, of course, had the chain, Buffalo Wild Wings (although I don’t know how it got its nickname BW3-although looking Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck).
Amazing wings, it’s one of the main reasons I purchased an air fryer. Making wings at home has made my two teenagers, thrilled. I have also been saving a ton of money.
They come out nice, light, and juicy. Wings are amazing, and there are many restaurants around the United States that only sell wings, so there are thousands of varieties out there. So, I’m hoping to hit them all. My kids would love me. They are popular in the football season; they are the ultimate game day food, so maybe I can perfect them, before the next Superbowl, or at least opening day.
There are basic tips for making chicken wings in your air fryer, and I hope they help you with your air-fried wings.
- While frozen wings will work in the air fryer, thawed wings taste better. If you are short of time, or are like me and always forget to take the meat out of the freezer, use a thaw board. (I have had this since I got married, so it works and lasts)
- Dry the wings before you season them. This will make the season stick on better, just use a paper towel and blot the chicken wings.
- Season your wings, before you add any marinade to them, this will raise the flavor level of the wings.
- Shake the basket, many times throughout the cooking process, this way the wings will cook more evenly.
- I cook my wings at a lower temperature and then in the last 5 minutes; I increase the temperature, which gives it a crunchier texture.
- If you are using frozen wings, just add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer-Air Fried-How To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
This is a step-by-step guide on how to make frozen chicken wings in the air fryer, then you can add any sauce.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds frozen chicken wings
- These are the frozen wings, I used in this recipe.
- Start by placing the chicken wings in the air fryer basket, in a single layer. Leave space between the wings.
- Set the temperature for 400 degrees F., for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes is up, flip the chicken wings. Use a meat thermometer to check and see if they are done, the internal temperature should read 165 degrees F.
- Then find your favorite BBQ Sauce (this is mine)
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl, add the BBQ sauce over it.
- Toss with tongs. To coat the chicken wings.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: tyson frozen chicken wings in air fryer how to make frozen wings in the air fryer pre cooked frozen chicken wings in air fryer frozen bbq chicken wings in air fryer tyson frozen buffalo chicken wings in air fryer tyson frozen boneless chicken wings in air fryer air fryer chicken wings cook time whole chicken wings in air fryer