Air Fryer Naked Chicken Wings are easy. There’s no breading or sauce on these wings. They are completely air-fried and lightly seasoned. Easy peasy.
So simple to make, but yet so delicious. I seasoned them with the spice mixture, as my favorite air fryer naked chicken tenders. The only difference today is that I made them a bit crispy.
If you have not made air fryer chicken wings, they are amazing. They are going to be one of your favorite dishes you make in your air fryer. They are the perfect appetizer for anything.
My kids really love them during the games, whether football, basketball, baseball, or hockey.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER DRY RUBBED CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE, AIR FRYER TYSON CHICKEN WINGS, and AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Naked Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Onion Powder
How to Make Air Fryer Naked Chicken Wings
Start with your wings already cut. Add the wings to a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and all of the ingredients from the seasoning rub. Mix well, coating all of the wings.
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F, air fryer setting. If you do not have a preheat setting, turn the air fryer on for 5 to 6 minutes at 360 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Then add your wings, being careful not to crowd the basket. Air Fry for 18 to 20 minutes, use a pair of tongs to flip the chicken wings halfway.
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
When You Buy Them: There are actually three ways that you can purchase chicken wings. All of them will work for this recipe.
- Whole Chicken Wing, which means you have to cut them, not a big deal. It is straightforward.
- Already cut
Cooking The Wings:
One of the most important things to remember when you air fry wings or any food is not crowding the air fryer basket. The air frying process works because the heat travels around the food cooking it. If you limit the amount of airflow around the food, the food will not cook properly. So, always space your food, and DO NOT CROWD the basket.
Can You Use Pam Nonstick Spray in The Air Fryer?
As I have stated many times before, if you use it, it will start to peel your basket’s coating.
It’s best to invest in a spray bottle; you can fill it with any high heat oil; some of my favorites are EVO, Olive Oil, Avacado Oil, or even Coconut Oil.
How To Air Fry Thawed Chicken Wings or Drumettes
If you want to thaw your wings before you air fry them up, you can easily do that. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator for best results.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
If you want to cook a frozen batch of chicken wings in the Air Fryer, that is really easy. I would recommend using the temperature of 360 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for about 25 minutes.
Then if you want great crisp of the chicken wings, increase the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for another 3 to 5 minutes. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- EASY AIR FRYER HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER SALT & VINEGAR CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER, BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
- EASY AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER, GARLIC AND PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Naked Chicken Seasoning Rub:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika (if you do not like spicy, cut this by half)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Start with your wings already cut. If you want to cut them, otherwise leave them whole.
- Add the wings to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil and all of the ingredients from the seasoning rub.
- Mix well, coating all of the wings.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F, air fryer setting. If you do not have a preheat setting, turn the air fryer on for 5 to 6 minutes at 360 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Then add your wings, being careful not to crowd the basket.
- Air Fry for 18 to 20 minutes. Use a pair of tongs to flip the chicken wings halfway.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 489mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.