Chicken wings are the best game day food, there are so many varieties that you can make. When I was growing up, a long, long time ago, I do not remember that there were special Chicken Wing restaurants, but by the time I got married, my husband and I would venture out to a local Chicken Wing restaurant, in Cleveland, called Winking Lizard Tavern, it was amazing. When we moved to New Hampshire, we, of course, had the chain, Buffalo Wild Wings (although I don’t know how it got its nickname BW3-although looking Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck).
Amazing wings, it’s one of the main reasons I purchased an air fryer. Making wings at home has made my two teenagers, thrilled. I have also been saving a ton of money.
They come out nice, light, and juicy. Wings are amazing, and there are many restaurants around the United States that only sell wings, so there are thousands of varieties out there. So, I’m hoping to hit them all. My kids would love me. They are popular in the football season; they are the ultimate game day food, so maybe I can perfect them, before the next Superbowl, or at least opening day.
There are basic tips for making chicken wings in your air fryer, and I hope they help you with your air-fried wings.
- While frozen wings will work in the air fryer, thawed wings taste better. If you are short of time, or are like me and always forget to take the meat out of the freezer, use a thaw board. (I have had this since I got married, so it works and lasts)
- Dry the wings before you season them. This will make the season stick on better, just use a paper towel and blot the chicken wings.
- Season your wings, before you add any marinade to them, this will raise the flavor level of the wings.
- Shake the basket, many times throughout the cooking process, this way the wings will cook more evenly.
- I cook my wings at a lower temperature and then in the last 5 minutes; I increase the temperature, which gives it a crunchier texture.
- If you are using frozen wings, just add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Air Fryer-Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
Easy and Delicious
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 12 Chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Then put your wings into a bowl, and pour the flour, salt, and pepper on them. Then coat them on all sides with the flour.
- Then put your wings into the air fryer and cook them 12 minutes and then flip and do another 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the honey and BBQ sauce into a bowl, and mix together.
- Then when the wings are done, place them in the BBQ Sauce and Honey mixture and coat them.
Keywords: frozen honey bbq wings in air fryer frozen bbq chicken wings in air fryer tyson honey bbq wings in air fryer frozen bbq wings in air fryer air fryer chicken wings bbq chicken breast air fryer recipes air fryer honey bbq chicken wings frozen air fryer chicken wings recipe