Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings Everyone who owns an air fryer has tried chicken wings. Chicken wings are fantastic.
They are great for a party, a great appetizer, and perfect for game day. They come out so good; who doesn’t love crispy chicken wings? They are classic appetizers served with your favorite bbq sauce; you will fall in love with this easy recipe!
The best for family dinner, or a delicious game day appetizer, there is nothing better! Serve with some buffalo sauce or ranch dressing! I love putting out these with some additional honey barbecue sauce; on the side, they are fantastic!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes, my favorites are AIR FRYER HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN WINGS, and AIR FRYER CHINESE CHICKEN WINGS.
Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
These Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings are a surefire hit at any gathering. The wings are cooked to perfection in the air fryer, giving them an incredibly crispy texture on the outside and juicy tenderness on the inside.
Then they’re coated in a delicious honey BBQ sauce for maximum flavor. They’re easy to make, and you can whip them up in under 30 minutes. Serve them with your favorite sides for a delicious meal that everyone will love. These air fryer wings are sure to become a family favorite!
Ingredients Needed For Honey BBQ Wings Recipe
You can have them as an easy weeknight dinner, lunch, or appetizer with a few simple items in your pantry or refrigerator. They are amazing. Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you.
Remember the step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card, as well as the nutritional information, at the bottom of the page.
- Chicken Wings
- Baking Powder
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- All-Purpose Flour
- Your Favorite barbecue Sauce (you can also use honey bbq sauce)
How to Make Honey BBQ Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
Step One: Prepare Your Chicken Wings
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F using the air fryer setting. Dry the chicken wings with a paper towel or kitchen towel.
Step Two: Coat Your Wings
Then put your wings into a large bowl, and pour the baking powder, flour, salt, and pepper on them. Then coat them on all sides with the flour. The baking powder will help make crispy wings.
Step Three: Air Fry Your Chicken Wings
Then put your wings into the air fryer basket, single layer, set the cooking time for 12 minutes, flip, and do another 12 minutes.
Step Four: Prepare The Honey BBQ Sauce
Meanwhile, pour the honey and BBQ sauce into a bowl, and mix.
Step Five: Serving
When the wings are done, coat them in the BBQ Sauce and Honey mixture and a dash of hot sauce.
Pro Tips Air Fryer Honey BBQ Wings
- Fresh | Make sure to use fresh chicken, not frozen. If you use frozen, you can have uneven cooking, where some chicken pieces don’t thoroughly cook, and others might overcook.
- To Season Or Not To Season | If you want, sprinkle your chicken with salt and pepper before cooking it. It will help allow more flavor into your chicken without overpowering the honey bbq sauce.
- Sauce | If you want to make these as naked wings, do part honey barbeque and the other half with buffalo wing sauce. Feel free to do different flavors. Just leave space between each wing, so they don’t take on the others’ taste and get evenly cooked.
- Cook with Sauce On | Brushing your wings and cooking them a bit longer is critical. This will take the sauce from a classic sauce to a sticky glaze on the wings. It is one step I highly recommend not skipping.
- Seasonings: Add some Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, or Cayenene Peper for added flavor.
How to Know When Chicken Is Done
However you cook the chicken wings, they need to reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F. I suggest using a meat thermometer. (affiliate link)
If you do not own a meat thermometer, you want to ensure the chicken has no pink meat. Also, you want to look at the juice to ensure it runs clear. If in doubt, I always recommend cooking longer to be on the safe side. A meat thermometer, though, is the best way to check.
How To Store
Storing cooked chicken wings is a great way to enjoy leftover food and save money. You’ll need to follow a few simple steps to ensure that the chicken remains safe for consumption.
Let the cooked chicken wings cool to room temperature before storage. Next, transfer the cooked chicken wings into a shallow airtight container or wrap them in plastic or aluminum foil.
What To Serve With The Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
When it comes to the best air fryer chicken wings, there are lots of great side dishes that can elevate your meal. For a classic pairing, try serving your wings with crispy air fryer french fries or air fryer potato wedges for some extra crunch.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for something lighter, coleslaw and garden salads are always great accompaniments to fried chicken. If you want some extra flavor and texture, try pairing your wings with rich air fryer macaroni and cheese, or crunchy air fryer garlic bread.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Naked Wings | Naked wings are simple chicken wing that isn’t covered in a glaze. It is great for those who don’t want much flavor or heat when you sink your teeth into them.
Honey Roasted Turkey Wings | Have you had a turkey wing? If you haven’t, you have to try these out. This is a tasty sweet, and savory wing that will be a treat.
Honey Mustard Wings | Whip up a batch or two of these honey mustard wings. It is a fun twist to a wing. If you are a chicken wings fan, try this recipe for something different.
Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings, fresh
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce, or your favorite bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Then put your wings into a bowl, and pour the baking powder, flour, salt, and pepper on them. Then coat them on all sides with the flour.
- Then put your wings into the air fryer, cook them for 12 minutes and then flip and do another 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the honey and BBQ sauce into a bowl, and mix.
- When the wings are done, place them in the BBQ Sauce and Honey mixture and coat them.
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven