There is nothing better than Keto Air Fryer Zucchini Fries. They are so good, if you have been looking for an alternative to French fries, this is one of my favorites, and they are healthy, perfectly seasoned, and delicious.
Make them part of your keto diet today! Your family will love them, and they will soon become one of your favorite air fryer recipes!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries (Low Carb – Keto)
This might become of your favorite new recipes for your air fryer. Made with simple ingredients, this is a perfect appetizer, side dish, or snack when you are on a keto or low-carb diet. Served with your favorite dipping sauce, this is so good! I love using garlic aioli for even more flavor.
This is a great low-carb alternative and a perfect way to get fried zucchini! Nothing cooks zucchini like air frying. The low-carb alternative is crisp on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside, an easy keto recipe.
They make a great alternative to regular fries and a great way to get your children to eat vegetables. This is one of my favorite side dishes and can also be prepared with yellow squash.
Ingredients Needed For Keto Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Are you looking for a tasty, healthy snack that won’t ruin your ketogenic diet? If so, give air fryer zucchini fries a try! Not only are they quick and easy to make, but they also taste amazing. Packed with essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium, this is one guilt-free snack you will never get tired of. Here, we’ll talk about the simple ingredients needed to make these delicious zucchini fries in an air fryer – feel free to experiment with flavors as you go too!
Remember the step-by-step instructions, the full recipe below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, and the nutritional facts.
- Zucchini: Use large or medium zucchini.
- Egg: Use a large room-temperature egg
- Flour: Use almond flour or coconut flour
- Cheese: Use freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Seasonings and Spices: Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Black Pepper,
- Cooking Spray: You can use avocado oil, olive oil, or olive oil cooking spray
- Dipping Sauce: Serve with Ranch dressing, Fry Sauce,
How to Make Crispy Keto Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer
Step One: Slicing Your Zucchini
Start by cutting your zucchini into matchsticks; cut it into zucchini slices.
Step Two: Prepare Your Dredging Stations
In a large bowl, combine the flour, grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. In another small bowl (shallow bowl), add the eggs and, using a fork, whisk the eggs.
Step Three: Coating Your Zucchini
For crispy coating: Dredge the zucchini into the (egg mixture) egg wash and then into the flour mixture,
Step Four: Air Fry Your Keto Zucchini Fries
As you coat your zucchini sticks, place them into the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving plenty of space around the zucchini sticks, which will help them crisp up. Spray them with olive oil spray for best results, set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes t 400 degrees F, and flip halfway through the cooking process.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Crowding: For best results, leave plenty of space around the zucchini fires, which will help crisp them up. There is nothing better than crispy zucchini fries and a great alternative to deep frying.
- Timing: Since all air fryers are slightly different, watching your zucchini as it cooks up is a good idea.
- Drying: You can also use a paper towel to remove excess moisture from the zucchini, and then sprinkle a pinch of salt over the zucchini to remove the moisture; this will help crisp the zucchini fries up, a bit more. Let sit for 2-3 minutes before continuing with the air fryer zucchini fries recipe.
- Coating: You can coat these with pork rind crumbs, seasoned pork rinds, low-carb bread crumbs, or use nutritional yeast. There are so many different ways to cook them perfectly. I love almond flour since it’s a great low-carb alternative to regular flour.
Dipping sauces to serve with zucchini fries
Dipping sauces are a great way to add flavor and moisture to your zucchini fries while baking. Here are some flavorful dipping sauces you can try as you make your batch of these tasty treats; here are my favorite dipping sauces to serve with my air fryer zucchini recipe.
1. Marinara sauce – This classic Italian sauce is the perfect pairing for most veggies, making it a great addition to your zucchini fries. Whether you make your homemade marinara sauce or purchase it from the store, this is an easy way to add a delicious flavor and moisture boost to your zucchini fries. If you are on a low-carb diet, check out the nutrition facts on the jar before purchasing; this is a great way to get some Italian flavors!
2. Sriracha ranch – A spicy combination of sriracha hot sauce and creamy ranch dressing makes a great dipping sauce for your zucchini fries. Simply blend equal parts of sriracha and ranch, and dip away! A splash of lime juice for some extra flavor!
3. Honey mustard – A sweet, tangy honey mustard is a delicious addition to any fried vegetable. Try the mixture of dijon mustard and local honey to add some extra sweetness to your zucchini fries, and try dipping them in it as they come out of the air fryer!
4. Parmesan peppercorn – A savory yet slightly spicy combination of parmesan cheese, ground black pepper, and a bit of salt make for an addictive sauce to dip your zucchini fries in. Try sprinkling some grated parmesan over your baked zucchini fries to give them a bit of a crispy texture, or mix up some parmesan cheese and ground black pepper to create this delicious sauce.
5. Honey vinegar – A simple but tasty sauce can be created by mixing equal parts apple cider vinegar and honey. This sweet and tart combination will add a delightful flavor to your baked zucchini fries, or you can mix this sauce with sriracha for a spicy treat.
6. Greek yogurt – Plain Greek yogurt is great to use as a dip for almost any vegetable, and it certainly doesn’t disappoint when paired with zucchini fries. You can spread some on top of your fries
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Keto Zucchini Fries
Looking for a way to store leftover zucchini fries? Luckily, a few simple and effective storage methods can help keep your leftovers fresh and delicious.
One of the easiest ways to store air fryer keto zucchini fries is by using an airtight container. This will help lock in moisture and prevent your leftovers from drying. You can also use saran wrap or aluminum foil to help retain freshness and seal any air out of the container.
Another great option for storing air fryer keto zucchini fries is to freeze them immediately. Simply place your leftover fries in an airtight freezer-safe container or bag and store them in the freezer. This will help preserve their flavor and texture, making them perfect for reheating later.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- KETO AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN WINGS
- Air Fryer Gluten-Free Fries
- Air Fryer Apple Cranberry Crisp
Low Carb Zucchini Fries
Now that you know how to make keto air fryer zucchini fries, great for your low-carb diet, get creative with your dipping sauces. Remember to check out more simple recipes for the air fryer and leave a star rating after you have made this recipe!
This is a beautiful recipe to use your favorite green vegetables from the garden! And the entire serving only has 8 g net carbs per serving of zucchini fries, a delicious option, so the next time you think about what to make in your toaster oven, look no further than this recipe!
Keto Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond flour, or coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cutting your zucchini into matchsticks; cut it into zucchini slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. In another small bowl (shallow bowl), add the eggs and, using a fork, whisk the eggs.
- For crispy coating: Dredge the zucchini into the (egg mixture) egg wash and then into the flour mixture,
- As you coat your zucchini sticks, place them into the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving plenty of space around the zucchini sticks, which will help them crisp up. Spray them with olive oil spray for best results, set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes t 400 degrees F, and flip halfway through the cooking process.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray