Air Fryer Red-Pepper Jelly Wings are amazing! Truly, if you love a great plate of chicken wings loaded with flavor and crispy, this is the recipe for you!
If you have been looking for a chicken wing recipe that will blow you over the top! This is the recipe. Once you make these, I guarantee you they will become your new go-to Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipe!
Easy, crispy, and absolutely delicious, what else do you need to know. Made with only 4 ingredients, this recipe will have you begging for more!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE, AIR FRYER TYSON CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS, and AIR FRYER HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Red-Pepper Jelly Wings
- Baking Powder
- Red Pepper Jelly
How To Make Air Fryer Red-Pepper Jelly Wings
In a large bowl, add the baking powder and salt. Add the chicken wings so they are fully covered with baking powder and salt. As you coat them, place them on the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket.
Then generously spray olive oil (or another cooking spray) on them. Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 15 minutes.
Then flip the wings, spray with olive oil, and air fry for another 10-15 minutes, until they are cooked through; remember to check with a meat thermometer.
Heat the red-pepper jelly in the microwave (or small saucepan) transfer it to a large bowl. Then dip the chicken wings into the jelly.
How to Air Fry Chicken Wings
This is such an easy recipe to make a great batch of chicken wings, and truthfully, once you figure out how to make the best batch of Chicken Wings, you can substitute any sauce for the Red-Pepper Jelly.
The important things to remember about Air Frying Wings:
- If you are using an air fryer basket, shake the basket several times during the cooing process.
- If you use an air fryer oven, from the chicken wings, about halfway through the cooking process.
- Any sauce will work. Choose your favorite.
Why Use Baking Powder?
When I first started making chicken wings, I did not use baking powder.
As I used the Air Fryer More and more, I learned that if you coat the chicken wings (raw) with baking powder, the result is a crispy wing with a great crunchy exterior.
Note: Baking Soda does not work!
Can I Double the Recipe?
You can double the recipe, triple the recipe, and the recipe will be the same. The key would not crowd your Air Fryer Basket. Otherwise, your chicken wings will not get crispy.
So, remember a single layer, and keep some space around your chicken wings, so the hot air can freely move around the chicken wings, causing them to crisp up.
Can I Bake these in a traditional oven?
Yes, anything that you make in an air fry, can be easily made in an oven.
To bake them up, you need to add the chicken wings on a baking sheet and set the tray into a preheated oven for 45-60 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Remember to flip the wings, through the cooking process.
Can you cook frozen chicken wings in an air fryer?
Yes, you can easily use frozen wings in this recipe. However, I would recommend that you use the same recipe, increase the cooking time to about 5-10 minutes longer, and set the temperature at 380 degrees F.
Shake the basket several times, which will become important as the chicken wings separate from their frozen state.
Sauces and Seasonings for Wings
While today, I used a simple Red-Pepper Jelly, you can easily switch out the jelly for any other sauce, and the recipe will remain the same.
Some of my families favorite wing sauces are:
What to serve with Chicken Wings
This recipe will go with just about any type of sauce. Some of my favorites to serve wings with are Bleu Cheese, Ranch, or more Red-Pepper Jelly on the side.
You can serve this with a great plate of Air Fryer French Fries, Air Fryer Onion Rings, chips, or even a plate of mozzarella sticks!
About Red Pepper Jelly
I searched in about 3 grocery stores before I finally ordered a batch from Amazon, so if you do have trouble finding it. I ended up using this one, which I love and has since become a staple in our household. (affiliate link included)
Some Other Great Air Fryer Wing Recipes-
- AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- HOW TO MAKE, TGI-FRIDAY’S HONEY BBQ WINGS IN AN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER, GARLIC AND PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 3–4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red pepper jelly
- In a large bowl, add the baking powder and salt.
- Add the chicken wings so they are fully covered with baking powder and salt.
- As you coat them, place them on the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket.
- Then generously spray olive oil on them.
- Set the temperature to 380 degrees F for 15 minutes. Then flip the wings, spray with olive oil, and air fry for another 10-15 minutes, until they are cooked through; remember to check with a meat thermometer.
- Heat the red-pepper jelly in the microwave (or small saucepan) transfer it to a large bowl.
- Then dip the chicken wings into the jelly.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 8949mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 13g