Crispy air fryer chicken wings are amazing! They have a great crispy exterior, and they are so good. I added a simple sauce at the end, caramelizing beautifully in the air fryer!
If you love chicken wings, this is the recipe for you. Full of flavor and so easy to make in the air fryer!
love a great plate of seasoned chicken wings with a simple sauce. You can eat these for lunch, dinner, or a snack! My kids love eating wings while they are watching sporting events.
What is better, sports and wings? So the next time you are craving wings, reach no further than your air fryer.
If you become wing obsessed, some of my favorite Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes are AIR FRYER SALT & VINEGAR CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER RED-PEPPER JELLY WINGS, AIR FRYER, HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN WINGS, and AIR FRYER, BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE.
About This Crispy Air Fryer Wings Recipe
This recipe was designed for the air fryer. However, this recipe will work perfectly whether you have a Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Votex, GoWise, PowerXL, or any air fryer basket or oven in a single layer.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings are amazing because the hot air circulation around the food perfectly crisps up with no oil. These are so healthy and are done in less time than a traditional oven.
Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken wings – slip into flats and drumettes
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Lemon pepper
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Step 1: Season the wings
Start by tossing your wings into the seasonings, then place them into the air fryer basket.
Step 2: Air fry the wings
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air the fryer setting, and cook for about 16 minutes, flipping halfway.
The seasonings can be changed out for anything that you love!
Tips and Variations
- Pat the wings dry with paper towels before air frying to ensure they get extra crispy.
- If you are looking for a milder flavor, skip the cayenne pepper.
- Try adding some honey or hot sauce to your wings for more flavor.
- Add some chili powder or smoked paprika for a smoky flavor.
- Add more seasoning for a dry rub, like garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, or even brown sugar.
- For extra crispiness, spray them with some cooking spray before and after seasoning them.
- If you want to make sure that your wings have reached their internal temperature of 165°F, use a meat thermometer.
- To store leftovers, place them in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Dredge your chicken wings in your favorite sauce, like bbq sauce or wing sauce.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce like blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, or some buffalo sauce.
- You can use frozen wings for this recipe. You just may need to adjust the cooking time a bit.
- Serve your wings with some air fryer french fries or fresh vegetables on the side.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Double the Recipe?
The number of chicken wings that you can make will depend on what air fryer you own.
So, you can double or triple this recipe. The only thing that will change is the number of times you must run your air fryer to get all of the wings cooked.
The average time for wings to be cooked in any air fryer is about 18 to 22 minutes.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
There are so many models out there; currently, they have come a long way since I started air frying. I have written my list of the Best Air Fryers, so check out that article!
Can I Bake these in a traditional oven?
Yes, anything you make in the air fryer can be cooked in an oven.
To make these in the oven, prepare as directed, set the wings into a preheated oven at 400 degrees F, and cook for 45 to 55 minutes, flipping a few times during the cooking process.
More Air Fryer Recipes
This air fryer chicken wings recipe is a healthier alternative to deep-fried chicken wings. The hot air circulates around the food, giving it an incredible crispy texture with no added oil!
This simple recipe is full of flavor and so easy to make in the air fryer. Enjoy these delicious wings as part of your next family meal or game-day party!
Try adding some other seasonings or sauces for extra flavor. For best results, pat the wings dry before frying them, and don’t forget to use a meat thermometer for perfectly cooked wings every time. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings, both chicken flats and drumettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper , (optional)
- Use a paper towel, and dry your wings off.
- Then in a large bowl, add your wings and coated them with olive oil. Season them with garlic salt, lemon pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using)
- Spread them into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 16 minutes,. Flipping halfway.
- Check to see that they are fully cooked before removing them from the air fryer.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Cooking Spray, optional