Air Fryer Tandoori Cauliflower is the newest culinary trend you’ll surely love if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make a delicious, spicy Indian dish.
Not only is this vegetarian meal packed with flavor, but it can also be cooked in the air fryer in less than 10 minutes! Creating an excellent tandoori marinade using traditional spices such as cumin and garam masala gives the dish an authentic taste. Read below for our recipe and tips on how to get your own version of this delicious Indian vegetarian meal ready in no time!
What is Tandoori Cauliflower?
Are you looking for an exciting new dish to try out? Do you want something delicious and healthy at the same time? If yes, then look no further! Tandoori Cauliflower is the perfect dish for you.
This Indian-inspired recipe boasts succulent cauliflower florets marinated in a flavorful blend of aromatic spices and yogurt, giving it an exquisite flavor that gives your taste buds something to enjoy. Whether you’re a novice or a master chef, this simple yet scrumptious dish will give everyone around your table something to smile about. So let’s take a look into what makes this unique specialty so great.
This is a perfect side dish for any of your dinners; I love this as a vegetarian starter or a quick appetizer!
Can You Cook Indian Food In An Air Fryer
Yes! Indian food is one of the world’s most flavorful and exciting cuisines, filled with unique spices and ingredients that tantalize your taste buds. If you’re a fan of Indian cuisine, but don’t have time to stand over a hot stovetop or invest in all kinds of special cooking equipment like tandoors, then an air fryer is perfect!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Tandoori Cauliflower
Tandoori cauliflower is a delicious vegan and vegetarian alternative to the traditional Indian dish, Tandoori Chicken. It’s an excellent appetizer for any dinner party or get-together and a comforting main course. With an air fryer, you can make this tasty dish quickly and easily in the comfort of your own home. Read on to learn more about the ingredients for air fryer tandoori cauliflower and why it is a delightful meal!
Remember the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card at the end of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Cauliflower Florets: Use a large head of cauliflower or cauliflower florets
- Oil: Use any high-heat oil, such as olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil
- Greek Yogurt: You can also use regular yogurt that has been strained
- Seasonings and Spices: Gram Flour, Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Kosher Salt, Garam Masala, Red Chilli Powder, Ground Tumeric, Lime Juice, and Ground Cumin, Turmeric Powder
How To Cook Indian Cauliflower In Air Fryer
Step One: Prepare The Spice Mix
In a small bowl, add the marinade ingredients, and set aside.
Step Two: Prepare The Cauliflower
Using a sharp knife, cut your cauliflower into medium size florets, and place them into a large bowl.
Step Three: Marinate Cauliflower
Add the marinate to the cauliflower florets and toss well, to coat. Cover and marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
Step Four: Air Fry
Place the cauliflower into the air fryer basket in a single layer, set the temperature to 360 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 15-18 minutes, frequently shaking during the cooking process.
Step Five: Serving
Serve with lemon juice, curry powder, red chili powder, soy sauce, or fresh lemon wedges.
How To Store Indian Cauliflower
Storing cooked cauliflower is simple and easy to do. To keep cooked cauliflower properly, it must be cooled completely before being held in the refrigerator or freezer.
For the best results when storing cooked cauliflower, use an airtight container or resealable plastic bag to keep out oxygen and moisture. When packing the container, place a layer of paper towels on the bottom and sides to absorb extra water.
Cooked cauliflower should be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. When holding it in the freezer, use an airtight container with enough space to expand it. Be sure to label and date the container before placing it in the freezer.
How To Reheat Cauliflower In Air Fyrer
Reheating cauliflower in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy your favorite side dish. The key to success lies in cooking the cauliflower at a lower temperature for longer. This will ensure the vegetable is heated through without becoming tough or soggy. Here are some tips for reheating cauliflower in an air fryer:
1. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. This will help give a nice crisp texture to the cauliflower while still warming it through.
2. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place the cauliflower in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are spread out evenly so they can cook evenly.
3. Set the timer for 8-10 minutes and allow the cauliflower to reheat. Keep an eye on it and shake the basket a few times during cooking to ensure even heating.
4. When the time is up, check that it is heated by inserting a skewer into one of the pieces. If it feels hot, the cauliflower is ready to enjoy!
5. Serve the reheated cauliflower with your favorite seasoning or sauce for a delicious side dish.
What To Serve With Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipes Cauliflower
cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that pairs well with many different flavors. There are so many delicious options regarding what to serve alongside cauliflower dishes. Here are some of the top choices for sides and accompaniments to cauliflower dishes:
- Air Fryer Steakhouse Potatoes: Roasted, mashed, or boiled potatoes make a great accompaniment to cauliflower dishes. The potatoes’ flavor and texture pair nicely with cauliflower’s bold flavor.
- Instant Pot Rice: Rice is an excellent option for making an easy, delicious side dish that complements cauliflower dishes perfectly. Try brown rice or wild rice for added nutrition and flavor.
- Nuts: Nuts such as almonds or walnuts are an excellent choice for sprinkling over cauliflower dishes to give them an extra crunch and nutty flavor.
- Herbs: Fresh herbs like parsley, basil, thyme, and rosemary can add freshness, flavor, and color to any cauliflower dish.
- Cheese: Adding a bit of cheese to your cauliflower dish can make it even more delicious. Parmesan, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese are all great options that pair well with the flavor of cauliflower.
- Salad: A simple side salad is always a great accompaniment to any cauliflower dish. Create a salad with fresh vegetables and a light vinaigrette dressing for a delicious and nutritious side.
- Bread: Fresh crusty bread, such as focaccia or ciabatta, perfectly accompanies your cauliflower dish. It adds texture and flavor while helping to soak up all the delicious sauces and gravies.
These are just some fantastic options for sides to serve with cauliflower dishes. Experiment and try out different combinations to find what works best for you!
Great Dipping Sauces For Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that can be transformed into delicious dishes with the right accompaniments. Great dipping sauces are one way to make your cauliflower creations even tastier. Here are some of the best sauces for cauliflower that will have you returning for more.
- Tzatziki Sauce: This Greek-style sauce is a great option for dipping cauliflower. It is made with yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and herbs and has a cool and creamy texture that pairs perfectly with the vegetables.
- Hummus: A classic dip for any vegetable, hummus is packed with protein and flavor. You can find it in many flavors or make your own with chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and spices.
- Greek Yogurt BBQ Sauce
- Spicy Peanut Sauce: This sauce is sweet, savory, and spicy.
- Curry yogurt dip: Try this curry yogurt dip for a flavorful yet mild option.
These are just some of the many great dipping sauces for cauliflower that you can try. Whether you make them yourself or buy ready-made options from the store, they’re sure.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Crispy Cauliflower Bites
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
Cooking cauliflower tikka in an air fryer couldn’t be any simpler and the results are truly delicious. The air fryer ensures that these tikkas come out perfectly cooked, bursting with flavor from all the herbs and spices combined.
Air Fryer Tandoori Cauliflower
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 sliced lemon, serving
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon gram flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger, paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds
- In a small bowl, add the marinade ingredients, and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut your cauliflower into medium size florets, and place them into a large bowl.
- Add the marinate to the cauliflower florets and toss well, to coat. Cover and marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place the cauliflower into the air fryer basket in a single layer, set the temperature to 360 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 15-18 minutes, frequently shaking during the cooking process.
- Serve with lemon juice, curry powder, red chili powder, soy sauce, or fresh lemon wedges.
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven