This is one of my favorite chicken dishes, and it’s such a great and fun recipe, especially with the summer coming! Today, I am giving you my delicious, spicy, and juicy chicken recipes for Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken Kebabs.
If you have been looking for an easy recipe, this one is so easy; it’s foolproof. I recommend anyone new to air frying try it; they will be hooked on air frying forever!
So, forget the grill. By the time the grill heats up, you can be sitting down to dinner. Like traditional oven-baked or grilled tandoori chicken, it’s tossed with Greek yogurt’s signature flavors and the same Indian spices.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN TENDERS, AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE, and AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS.
What Is Tandoori Chicken?
Tandoori chicken is a chicken usually cooked in a clay pot called a Tandoor clay oven, which is how the name originated.
We have given up the clay ovens eons ago, and along with the new cooking methods, we have the Instant Pot and, of course, the Air Fryer.
Whether they are drumsticks, chicken breasts, or chicken legs, Pieces of chicken are marinated in a Greek Yogurt and Spice Mixture, and sometimes red dye. The red dye is usually used to get the red hue on the chicken that the chicken is known for.
Since I am not a huge fan of giving my kids food dyes and did not have any of the natural food dyes in my house, I skipped that ingredient. Still, if you want to add it for the bright red color, you can order these Natural Food Dyes on Amazon (affiliate link).
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken Kebabs
- Chicken Thighs
- Greek Yogurt
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Ginger
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
How To Make Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken
In a bowl, mix the spices, yogurt, and chicken. Stir until the chicken is completely coated. Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to marinade.
Cut meat skewers to fit in your air fryer basket. Put meat onto skewers and place inside air fryer basket.
Cook on 370 for 15 minutes, flip skewers and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve with naan and basmati rice.
Some Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Tandoori
- Let the chicken marinade. The longer it marinates, the better the flavor is. I love to make this the night before. This way, they are really juicy and tender.
- Dispose of any leftover marinade, as it is not safe to eat.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauces.
Some Quick Tips For Making Air Fryer Chicken
- Since all air fryers are slightly different, it’s best to use a meat thermometer to determine your chicken recipe’s exact timing. You don’t want them overcooked, so as the internal temperature comes close to the 165 degrees called for by the USDA, I watch them closely and remove them once they hit 165.
- Never use aerosol sprays in the air fryer, as the coating will come off. The best thing is to use a refillable EVO sprayer.
- Make sure to soak your skewers in water for about 20 minutes before using, so they do not burn in the air fryer.
How do you store leftover tandoori chicken?
Let the chicken cool to room temperature, and then place it into an air-tight container. Place the container into the refrigerator.
The leftovers will last between 2 and 4 days.
How do you reheat leftover tandoori chicken?
To reheat, place the leftover chicken into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, cook for about 4-5 minutes, until heated through.
Can you use chicken wings, drumsticks, or boneless breast of chicken, instead of thighs?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken thighs out for any chicken ingredients, including wings, legs, and boneless breast of chicken.
The key is that each of those chicken parts will require different cooking times, so for best results, use a meat thermometer.
What temperature do I cook the chicken to?
The USDA came up with guidelines for each part of the chicken, including chicken thighs, chicken legs, chicken wings.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes-
- AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE
- AIR FRYER EASY FRIED CHICKEN (THREE INGREDIENTS)
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- 2 lbs of chick thigh cut down to small pieces
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of ginger purée
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- In a bowl, mix the spices, yogurt, and chicken. Stir until the chicken is completely coated. Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to marinade.
- Cut meat skewers to fit in your air fryer basket. Put meat onto skewers and place inside air fryer basket.
- Cook on 370 degrees F, for 15 minutes, flip skewers, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with naan and basmati rice.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 292mgSodium: 975mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 57g