Are you looking for a healthier alternative to Buffalo wings? If so, then these Air Fryer Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings could be the perfect solution!
Crispy, flavorful cauliflower florets are cooked in an air fryer and tossed in teriyaki sauce for a delicious twist on classic Buffalo wings. This quick and easy recipe is sure to become a hit at your next party or family get-together – plus, it’s vegan-friendly too! Read on to find out how easy it is to make this tasty dish.
Tired of the same old unhealthy fried food? These air fryer teriyaki cauliflower wings are a delicious and healthier alternative to your classic deep-fried favorites.
With simple ingredients and minimal prep, these crispy bites can be made in no time! Not only do they taste great with no sacrifice to flavor or texture, but they’re also full of nutrients like vitamins C & K. So if you’re looking for a quick snack that satisfies every craving, this is it!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings
Air Fryer Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings are a delicious vegan version of everyone’s favorite party staple, chicken wings.
As a healthy twist on the traditional dish, air fryer teriyaki cauliflower wings offer the same flavor with fewer calories and no animal products. Featuring flavorful ingredients like tamari or soy sauce and spices, these crispy morsels will be the hit of any crowd! In this blog post we’ll walk through all of the essential ingredients you need to make an amazing batch of air fryer teriyaki cauliflower wings – so let’s get cooking!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the page.
- Cauliflower Florets: You can either use a whole head of cauliflower and dice it or purchase cauliflower florets.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour
- Milk: Use regular milk, coconut milk, or almond milk.
- Teriyaki Sauce: Use your favorite teriyaki sauce, homemade or store-bought.
- Seasoning and Spice: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chili, Cayenne Pepper, Kosher Salt, and Black Pepper
How To Cook Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings In Air Fryer
Teriyaki cauliflower wings are a delicious and creative way to enjoy the flavor of teriyaki without the mess of deep-frying. With an air fryer, you can have flavorful and crispy wings ready in minutes! Here’s how:
Step One: Preparing The Cauliflower
Start by cutting the head of cauliflower into bite-sized florets. In a large bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chili, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and black pepper. Whisk well, and then slowly add the milk to the flour mixture.
Step Two: Coat The Cauflilower
Dip the cauliflower into the batter, and then place it into the air fyrer basket, in a single layer. Spray the cauliflower with cooking spray.
Step Three: Air Fryer Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings
Set the cook time for 10-15 minutes, at 400 degrees F, using the air fyrer setting, remove when golden brown.
Step Four: Add Teriayki Sauce
Add the teriyaki sauce to a large bowl, remove the cauliflower from the air fryer basket, and dip it into the sauce. Place the coated cauliflower into the air fyrer basket, and cook for 3-5 minutes at 400 degrees F, using the air fyrer setting.
Step Five: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or more teriyaki sauce.
Tips for Air Frying Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings
Air frying is a healthy and convenient way to cook delicious dishes with minimal effort. Here are some tips for air frying teriyaki cauliflower wings:
Use Room Temperature Ingredients
Using ingredients that are at room temperature will ensure that they cook evenly, resulting in perfectly crispy wings.
Adjust Cooking Time
Depending on the size of the florets, you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Make sure to check on your wings often so that they don’t overcook.
Add More Flavor
To give your wings an extra boost of flavor, try adding additional seasonings such as garlic powder, ginger powder, sesame oil, soy sauce, or chili flakes. You can also add honey or brown sugar for a sweet glaze.
Once your wings have finished cooking, take them out and let them rest for about 5 minutes before serving. This will help keep them crisp and juicy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this recipe be prepared in advance?
Yes! You can make these in advance. this recipe will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, and you can easily reheat the teriyaki cauliflower wings in the air fryer.
If you have any leftover teriyaki cauliflower wings, let them cool to room temperature. Then place them into an airtight container. They will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
How to reheat cauliflower wings in air fryer
Reheating cauliflower wings in an air fryer is a fast and easy way to enjoy them all over again! Here’s how:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
- Place the wings in the basket of the air fryer, making sure they are spread out in a single layer. This will help them heat evenly and ensure maximum crispiness.
- Set your cooking time for 4-6 minutes then let your wings reheat until crispy and heated through. Make sure to check on them often, as reheating time will vary depending on the size of your florets.
- Once your wings are done reheating, take them out and serve them hot!
What to serve with teriyaki cauliflower wings
Teriyaki cauliflower wings are a delicious and versatile dish that can be served as a main course or as part of an appetizer spread. Here are some ideas for what to serve alongside your teriyaki wings:
- Rice: A bowl of sushi rice is the perfect accompaniment to teriyaki cauliflower wings. It adds a nice balance of sweetness and texture to the dish.
- Veggies make the perfect side dish for teriyaki wings, especially when they’re stir-fried with a variety of flavorful sauces and spices. Try adding peppers, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and garlic for an extra layer of flavor.
- Roasting vegetables such as Brussels sprouts or squash in your air fryer will add a nice smoky flavor to your meal. Throw them in with the cauliflower wings for an easy and nutritious side dish!
- A big green salad makes the perfect light side dish for teriyaki wings. You can mix together lettuce, carrots, cucumbers tomatoes, scallions, and whatever else you have on hand for a delicious crunchy addition to your meal!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER FROZEN ZUCCHINI FRIES
- AIR FRYER GUINNESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- RED ROBIN ONION RINGS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, RICOTTA, AND PUMPKIN FLATBREAD
- AIR FRYER PEACH AND CREAM SCONES
- SAUERKRAUT HOT DOGS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CAMEMBERT
- AIR FRYER PIZZA DOUGH NUGGETS
All in all, making air fryer teriyaki cauliflower wings is an incredibly rewarding and delicious experience! With their crispy outsides, juicy insides, and flavorful teriyaki sauce coating each bite, they are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Furthermore, being able to make them in the air fryer makes it that much easier. If you’re searching for an easy and healthy dinner option, then this recipe is just what you need. Give it a try! Who knows? Maybe these wings will become your new favorite go-to food!
Air Fryer Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk, any type
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- Start by cutting the head of cauliflower into bite-sized florets. In a large bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chili, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and black pepper. Whisk well, and then slowly add the milk to the flour mixture.
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter, and then place it into the air fyrer basket, in a single layer. Spray the cauliflower with cooking spray.
- Set the cook time for 10-15 minutes, at 400 degrees F, using the air fyrer setting, remove when golden brown.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to a large bowl, remove the cauliflower from the air fryer basket, and dip it into the sauce. Place the coated cauliflower into the air fyrer basket, and cook for 3-5 minutes at 400 degrees F, using the air fyrer setting.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or more teriyaki sauce.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper