Sauerkraut Hot Dogs In Air Fryer!! Nothing beats a good hot dog on a summer night, and there’s no better way to spice one up than with some delicious sauerkraut. If you’re looking for an easy yet tasty version of this classic dish, try making it in your air fryer!
Sauerkraut hot dogs are quick and easy to make—they bring out the best flavor from traditional hot dogs due to the tangy taste of the sauerkraut. In this recipe, I’ll walk you through how you can make a fantastic sauerkraut-topped hot dog at home using your trusty air fryer!
How Do You Cook Hot Dogs In An Air Fryer?
This is one of the best ways to cook hot dogs! If you are in the middle of winter and can’t get to your grill, this is the best way to cook them; they are amazing!
Air Fryer Kraut Dogs
The famous Air Fryer Kraut Dogs are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that will satisfy any appetite. You can create the perfect snack or meal in no time with just a few simple ingredients!
Ingredients Needed For Sauerkraut Hot Dogs In Air Fryer
Are you looking for a unique, delicious dinner option full of flavor? Look no further than sauerkraut-hot dogs in an air fryer! This easy and tasty meal requires only a few ingredients and minimal hands-on time.
You’ll enjoy the combination of smoky hot dogs, salty sauerkraut, and melt-in-your-mouth cheese in no time – with just a few minutes of prep work in your kitchen. Whether it’s date night or movie night at home, these yummy bites will surely please everyone around the table! Keep reading to find out what ingredients you need to make this crave-able appetizer.
Remember the step-by-step directions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Hot Dogs: Use your favorite variety, beef or pork hot dogs. You can also use vegan hot dogs!
- Hot Dog Buns: The air fryer is perfect for toasting hot dog buns!
- Sauerkraut: Use fresh or canned sauerkraut that has been drained.
- Toppings: Yellow Mustard, Sliced Dill Pickles, Ketchup, and Diced Onions
How To Cook Hot Dogs In Air Fryer Basket
Step One: Air Fry Your Hot Dogs
Add the hotdogs into the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 5-6 minutes at 390 degrees F using the air fryer setting.
Step Two: Add Toppings To Hot Dogs
Add the yellow mustard, sliced dill pickles, ketchup, diced onions, and sauerkraut to the hot dog. Set back into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees F, and remove when the sauerkraut is hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips For The Best Saukeraut Hot Dogs In Air Fryer
When making the best sauerkraut hot dogs in an air fryer, you can use a few tips and tricks.
First, be sure to preheat the air fryer before adding your ingredients. This will ensure that they cook evenly and quickly.
Second, spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. This will help prevent sticking and ensure your hot dogs are perfectly cooked.
Third, use a dry rub or seasonings to give your hot dogs extra flavor. Experiment with different combinations until you find the perfect mix for you and your family.
Fourth, add some liquid to the air fryer before adding your hot dogs. This helps the inside of the hot dog cook evenly and gives it more flavor.
Finally, do not overfill your air fryer because this will cause uneven cooking and can lead to fires or other safety issues.
With these tips, you can easily make delicious sauerkraut hot dogs in an air fryer.
How To Cook Saukeraut In Air Fryer
Sauerkraut cooked in an air fryer is a delicious and easy way to enjoy the traditional German side dish. The hot, tangy flavor of sauerkraut pairs well with pork dishes or can be served as a stand-alone snack. Air frying brings out the flavors of sauerkraut without needing to use a lot of added fat. This simple recipe is an ideal way to enjoy sauerkraut in the comfort of your home, and it’s sure to become a favorite side dish with your family.
To cook sauerkraut in an air fryer, start by washing and rinsing the cabbage. This will remove any dirt or debris that may be present. Then, cut the cabbage into thin slices and place them in a bowl.
Next, add seasonings to the bowl of sliced cabbage. Popular herbs include caraway seeds, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir together these ingredients until they’re evenly distributed.
Once the ingredients are blended, transfer them to the air fryer and set the temperature to around 375°F. Cook for 15-20 minutes, occasionally stirring to cook the cabbage evenly.
When finished cooking sauerkraut in an air fryer, serve as desired. Sauerkraut is excellent served with pork dishes or as a stand-alone snack. With its hot, tangy flavor and crisp texture, it’s sure to become a new favorite dish in your home.
Best Toppings For Hot Dogs
Hot dogs are a classic American favorite! With so many different topping options, it can be challenging to choose which toppings make for the perfect hot dog. Here are some of our favorites:
- Ketchup and mustard: A classic combination that will please everyone in your family. Add a bit of relish for an extra kick.
- Sauerkraut: This classic topping adds a tangy flavor to your hot dog and can be combined with other toppings.
- Chili: Gooey and delicious, chili is one of the best ways to spice up your hot dog. You can also try adding some shredded cheese for extra flavor.
- Onions: Whether you prefer raw, fried, or caramelized, onions are an excellent topping choice that adds a bit of crunch and sweetness to your hot dog.
- Relish: A tangy favorite that is sure to please! Add some diced tomatoes or pickles for an extra bit of flavor.
- -Jalapenos: If you like spicy, jalapenos are your go-to topping! They add a nice kick and make your hot dog even more delicious.
No matter what toppings you choose to top your hot dog with, you’re sure to have a fantastic meal
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
- AIR FRYER HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN LEGS
- STATE FAIR CORN DOGS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER TERIYAKI CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
- AIR FRIED PEARL ONIONS
- EASY AIR FRYER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI DIP
- AIR FRYER BBQ SALMON
- AIR FRYER PUFF PASTRY DANISH
Sauerkraut hot dogs in an air fryer are a great way to enjoy your favorite classic comfort food. It’s easier than ever to get that roadside stand fresh from the comfort of your kitchen. Cooking with an air fryer is convenient, quick, and healthy.
You can also serve those famous ballpark-style dogs without breaking the bank. Your meal will be an instant hit with your friends and family and great for any special occasion. Best of all, sauerkraut hot dogs in an air fryer are highly customizable, so you can mix them up with different flavor combinations to satisfy any craving. Give this recipe a try today, and enjoy the excellent taste of classic hotdogs with a modern twist!
Sauerkraut Hot Dogs In Air Fryer
- 2 beef hot dogs
- 2 hot dog buns
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 large pickle, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut
- Add the hotdogs into the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 5-6 minutes at 390 degrees F using the air fryer setting.
- Add the yellow mustard, sliced dill pickles, ketchup, diced onions, and sauerkraut to the hot dog. Set back into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees F, and remove when the sauerkraut is hot.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper