Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs — Are you looking to add a delicious and healthy dinner option to your weekly meal plan? Look no further than air fryer honey mustard chicken legs! This delectable dish is full of flavor, easy to make, and only requires minimal prep work.
By combining the delicate sweetness of honey mustard with perfectly cooked chicken legs in an air fryer oven, you can enjoy a tender, succulent entree that’s sure to be a hit with your family. Read on for our simple step-by-step recipe guide on making this amazing dish at home!
Air Fried Chicken Legs With Honey Mustard Sauce
Air Fried Chicken Legs With Honey Mustard Sauce is an easy and delicious recipe that is sure to become a family favorite.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-make and delicious way to spice up your chicken dinners, look no further than this air-fried chicken legs with honey mustard sauce!
Packed with flavor and cooked to juicy perfection in the air fryer, these tasty morsels will have everyone coming back for seconds. Plus, they’re simple enough that even novice cooks can easily recreate them at home — who could resist such a scrumptious combination? In just 10 minutes of prep time, you can have a meal ready that’s sure to satisfy foodies of all ages; kids love it as much as adults do. So without delay, read on so we can show you exactly how to whip up this delectable dish!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs are an incredibly delicious and simple way to get a home-cooked meal on the table in minutes! This easy recipe is loaded with flavor, created with minimal ingredients, and can be made even if you aren’t very experienced in the kitchen.
So if you’re looking for a quick & tasty dinner option that the whole family will love – look no further than Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below at the bottom of the page, in the printable recipe card, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Oil: Use high-heat oil, such as olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Yellow Mustard
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
How Do You Cook Honey Mustard Drumsticks In An Air Fryer
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dinner, you can’t go wrong with honey mustard drumsticks cooked in an air fryer. Not only is this simple recipe packed full of flavor from the tangy honey mustard, but cooking it in an air fryer creates perfectly crispy skin without all of the fat associated with deep frying.
We’ll walk you through exactly how to make this dish – all within 30 minutes! From prepping your ingredients to serving up the finished product, we have your mealtime needs covered. So put on that apron and let’s get cooking!
Step One: Season Your Chicken Legs
In a large bowl, add your chicken legs, oil, kosher salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
Step Two: Air Fry
Place the coated chicken legs into the air fyrer basket, in a single layer, and set the cooking time for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Remove when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, by placing the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken leg.
Step Three: Make The Sauce
While the chicken is cooking, in a large bowl, add the yellow mustard, whole grain mustard, and honey, and mix well.
Step Four: Toss With The Glaze
Add the chicken to the glaze/sauce and toss, then return to the air fryer for 3-5 minutes, at 400 degrees F.
Step Five: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or fresh herbs.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
When it comes to cooking chicken drumsticks in an air fryer, the possibilities are endless. From adding a flavorful sauce to serving with a side dish, there is no shortage of ideas for how to make an amazing meal from air-fried chicken. Here are some tips and recipes for what to serve with air fryer chicken drumsticks:
- Air Fryer Red Potatoes: Roasted potatoes are a perfect accompaniment to air fryer chicken drumsticks.
- Garden Salads: A light salad is a great way to round out the meal without adding too many calories or fat. Try a simple salad of greens, tomatoes, onions, and feta cheese.
- Goya Instant Pot Rice: Rice makes an excellent side dish for air fryer chicken drumsticks.
- Veggies: Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables are the perfect way to add some extra nutrition and flavor to your dinner. Try roasted Brussels sprouts, asparagus, or green beans for a delicious side dish.
- Sauces: To give your air fryer chicken drumsticks an extra kick, try serving them with a flavorful sauce. Try a classic Instant Pot Barbecue Sauce, creamy Copycat KFC Honey Mustard, or a spicy Sriracha mayo.
No matter which side dish you choose to serve with your air fryer chicken drumsticks, they are sure to be a hit! The possibilities are endless when it comes to making an amazing dinner from air-fried chicken. With a little
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
Properly stored leftover chicken legs can provide a delicious and convenient meal anytime. Here are some tips to help you store them properly and keep them safe to eat:
- Allow the chicken legs to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Make sure the lid is securely closed, so no moisture or air can get in.
- Label the container or bag with the date you cooked the chicken legs and place it in the refrigerator. Leftover chicken legs should be consumed within four days for optimal safety and quality.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER TERIYAKI CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
- AIR FRIED PEARL ONIONS
- STATE FAIR CORN DOGS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI DIP
- IKEA FROZEN MEATBALLS AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CHILI LIME CHICKEN THIGHS
- BEAN AND CHEESE AIR FRYER TAQUITOS
- AIR FRYER HUMMUS PHYLLO CUPS
- AIR FRYER BBQ SALMON
What’s especially nice about this meal is its versatility; you can serve these chicken legs in so many different ways. With just a few ingredients and some basic kitchen equipment, you can create an impressive dish that everyone in the family will love.
Plus, it’s simple to whip up and takes very little time. Thanks to the air fryer, you get flavorful baked chicken legs in minimal time with a level of added healthiness that traditional baking or pan-frying can’t offer. If that isn’t enough, the Honey Mustard adds a wonderful sweetness to counterbalance the savory flavors of garlic, onion, and paprika. All in all, these Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs are a fantastic meal that your family will ask for weekly! Give them a try today – you won’t be disappointed.
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, add your chicken legs, oil, kosher salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the coated chicken legs into the air fyrer basket, in a single layer, and set the cooking time for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Remove when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, by placing the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken leg.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a large bowl, add the yellow mustard, whole grain mustard, and honey, and mix well.
- Add the chicken to the glaze/sauce and toss, then return to the air fryer for 3-5 minutes, at 400 degrees F.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or fresh herbs.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper