Looking for a way to cook pearl onions that don’t involve boiling them? Try air frying! Air Fried Pearl Onions.
It’s a quick and easy way to get them cooked through without turning them into an overcooked mess. Plus, it gives them a nice crispy texture that everyone will love. Give it a try!
This is one of my favorite recipes, if you love Air Fryer Blooming Onions, this is one of the simplest recipes that you can make, for a great appetizer, or snack! I promise you the entire family will love them!
This is a great low carb recipe, that is one of my family’s favorites, it’s healthy and it’s delicious!
Can You Cook Pearl Onions In The Air Fryer
Yes! Pearl onions are small, round vegetables that are commonly used in various culinary preparations. These crunchy and slightly sweet vegetables can be cooked using many different methods, including air frying.
This is low-calorie, keto, and low-carb friendly. It makes a great and healthy meal, this is a great air fryer recipe, and one of my favorite pearl onion recipes.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fried Pearl Onions
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy side dish to serve up with your next meal, then you need to try air fryer pearl onions. This dish is simple to make and requires just a few ingredients. Plus, the air fryer ensures that the onions come out perfectly cooked every time. So, what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
Remember the full recipe is found at the bottom of this page, which includes the nutritional information in the printable recipe card.
- Pearl Onions: Found in the frozen food aisle at your local grocery store.
- Oil: Use olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Seasonings and Spices: Paprika, Salt, Black Pepper, Ground Cumin, and Ground Thyme.
- Serve With: Remoulade Sauce, Blooming Onion Sauce, Lemon Wedges, or Lemon Juice
How To Cook Pearl Onions In Air Fryer
Step One: Prepare The Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees f, using the air fryer setting. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
Step Two: Toss The Pearl Onions
Add the unthawed onions to a small bowl. and drizzle with olive oil.
Step Three: Season Your Pearl Onions
In the second bowl, add all of the seasonings and spices. Dredge onions with dry ingredients., and toss to coat well
Step Four: Air Fry
Place the onions in the air fryer basket in a single layer, or on the air fryer tray. Set the cooking time to 15-20 minutes in the air fryer, tossing carefully every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
Step Five: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Bite-Sized Blooming Onions
Looking for a fun and delicious appetizer to serve up at your next party? Why not try making some blooming onions in your air fryer? This trendy dish is sure to be a hit with your guests, and it’s surprisingly easy to make. Check out these tips for making the best air fryer blooming onions.
- Frozen: For best results keep your frozen white pearl onions frozen, before air frying. No need to defrost.
- Seasonings: If you want add some garlic powder, onion powder, or even a dash of balsamic vinegar, for added flavor.
- Crowding: For best results do not crowd the onions in the air fryer basket, leave plenty of room around the onions.
- Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different, it’s important to watch the onions as they roast.
- Onions: Today, I used frozen pearl onions, you can prepare this recipe with any white onions, yellow onions, sweet onions, regular onions, or even fresh pearl onions, that you have on hand.
Onions are a kitchen staple. They can be eaten raw, cooked, or roasted. Roasting onions brings out their sweetness and makes them the perfect addition to any dish. Once you’ve roasted your onions, you’ll want to store them so you can use them in recipes later. Here’s how to store roasted onions safely and efficiently.
One of the easiest ways to store roasted onions is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To do this, allow the roasted onions to cool completely, then transfer them to an airtight container. Any plastic or glass containers with a tight-fitting lid will work well for storing roasted onions, as long as they are kept in a cool, dry place that is out of direct sunlight.
How To Reheat Pearl Onions In Air Fryer
In order to reheat the pearl onions in an air fryer, you will need to first set the temperature of your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it has heated up, you can place the pearl onions in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Close the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes. You can check on the pearl onions by opening the lid, to ensure that they are reheated. If it does not seem like all of them have been heated up, you can always let it cook for a few more minutes.
What To Serve With Onions
Roasted onions are a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of dipping sauces and seasonings. Some popular options include buffalo sauce for an extra kick, or a simple dipping sauce made from olive oil and balsamic vinegar to balance out the savory flavors of the onions. To really highlight the rich flavor of roasted onions, you can also season them with a variety of herbs and spices, such as rosemary, thyme, or paprika, this really brings out the natural sweetness of the onions.
No matter how you choose to serve your roasted onions, they are sure to be a hit at any meal!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
All in all, air-fried pearl onions are a tasty and healthy side dish that’s sure to impress your guests. You can easily customize them to fit any occasion or diet by adding different herbs, spices, or sauces.
Plus, you don’t need any special skills or equipment to make them – just an air fryer!
Air Fried Pearl Onions
- 1 bag pearl onions, frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees f, using the air fryer setting. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Add the unthawed onions to a small bowl. and drizzle with olive oil.
- In the second bowl, add all of the seasonings and spices. Dredge onions with dry ingredients., and toss to coat well
- Place the onions in the air fryer basket in a single layer, or on the air fryer tray. Set the cooking time to 15-20 minutes in the air fryer, tossing carefully every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper