Air Fryer Fajita Vegetables -Are you looking for a healthy and delicious way to enjoy your favorite Mexican dish? Look no further than air fryer fajita vegetables! These crispy, flavorful veggies are the perfect addition to any fajita. Plus, they’re super easy to make – you’ll have them on the table in no time! So give this recipe a try today and experience the goodness of air fryer fajitas.
Do you like to cook with air fryers? I do! They are a fantastic way to cook vegetables. Today, I will share a recipe for air fryer fajita vegetables. This dish is simple, healthy, and delicious. Give it a try!
So, if you have been looking for a simple fajita veggies recipe, this is the one for you. Below, included my recipe for an authentic fajita seasoning recipe that you will love!
What Vegetables Go Into Fajitas?
The best thing about this recipe is that you can use almost any of your favorites. I usually add zucchini when it’s in season, and my garden is bursting with them!
You’ll need to know which vegetables to use to make some delicious fajitas. The most common vegetables in fajitas are onions, peppers, and tomatoes. But there are many other possibilities.
Some common vegetables to use, other than onions and peppers, are:
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Summer Squash
- Any other seasonal vegetables.
The Perfect Authentic Fajita Seasoning Recipe
Fajitas are one of those classic dishes that everyone seems to love. Here’s a recipe for authentic fajita seasoning to bring out the best in your fajitas. The great thing about this seasoning is that it can also be used for other dishes, like chicken or steak. Enjoy!
Includes the spices, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and black pepper! (The exact quantiles are in the recipe card below)
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Fajita Vegetables
This makes for a fantastic filling for a veggie fajita. Feel free to add any seasonal vegetables that you want. This is a great way to eat healthy with your air fryer!
- Onions: Use either sweet onions, yellow onions, or red onions
- Bell Peppers: Use various colors, including green, yellow, and orange bell peppers!
- Olive Oil; You can also use another high-heat oil, such as olive oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Fajita Seasoning Mix: Homemade or store-bought
How To Make Fajita Vegetables In The Air Fryer
Start by slicing your pepper and onions, and place them into a large mixing bowl. Add your olive oil and seasoning mix. Add your vegetables to the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 390 degrees F (200 C), and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, shaking your basket frequently during the cooking process.
- Cutting The Bell Peppers: To ensure even cooking, cut each pepper strip into thin pieces, so they all cook at the same rate!
- Oil: Make sure that your fajita veggies are coated in a thin layer of oil, this way, they will perfectly roast up in the air fryer.
- Spread Out The Veggies: Spread out the veggies evenly on one layer of the air fryer. This will also ensure they cook thoroughly.
- Timing: Keep an eye on your veggies during air frying because each oven cooks differently.
- Shaking and Stirring: Make sure to shake or stir (mix) the vegetables as they cook up. This way, they are all evenly.
Are fajita veggies healthy?
If you’re looking for a quick, healthy, tasty meal option, look no further than fajitas! Fajitas are typically made with chicken or beef but can also be made with veggie toppings. So are fajita veggies healthy? The answer is a resounding yes! Most veggies are low in calories and packed with nutrients. Plus, they add great flavor and texture to your fajitas. So go ahead and give them a try!
How do you cut vegetables for fajitas?
To make taco-flavored vegetables, cut the veggies up into thin strips. Try to make all vegetables the same size so that they air fry up simultaneously.
Should fajita veggies be soft?
Is fajita seasoning best on crunchy veggies, or should they be soft? This is a question that has divided the internet for years. Some swear by the deliciousness of a crispy fajita, while others say that only softened veggies can do the seasoning justice.
So, cook them as much as you want. If you want them roasted, keep on air frying until your vegetables are done to your liking!
What kind of onion do you use for fajitas?
Onions are a crucial part of many dishes, but which kind should you use for fajitas? There are three main types of onions: yellow, red, and white.
What are good fajita toppings?
With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, now is the perfect time to brush up on your fajita skills! So what are some great toppings for fajitas? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Sautéed onions and peppers
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Mexican rice
Are the fajita veggies at Chipotle good?
What are your thoughts on the veggies at Chipotle? Do you think they’re good? I’ve always been a fan of their fajitas, but I was curious to see what others thought. So, I took to the internet to see what people had to say. And, boy, did I find some heated opinions! Some people love them and some people think they’re just okay.
What can you put in fajitas instead of peppers?
If you’re looking for a different spin on fajitas, why not try using some other vegetables? Mix things up by using onions, mushrooms, or even tomatoes
Make-Ahead, Storage, Freezing, And Reheating
Make-Ahead: These copycat Chipotle fajita veggies are a must-have for any foodie on the go. You can make them ahead, then simply warm up when you’re in need of some quick and easy dinner!
Storage: Let the vegetables cool to room temperature, then place them in an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for about a week.
Freezing: These do not freezer will, for best results, purchase a bag of frozen vegetables.
Reheating: To reheat veggies in the air fryer, place them into the basket, set the temperature to 350 degrees f, and heat until they are warmed through.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes:
Love this recipe for air fryer fajita vegetables, check out these other vegan recipes!
- MEXICAN AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO
- AIR FRYER CANNED SPINACH
- AIR FRYER ROASTED VEGETABLES
- FROZEN CRINKLE FRIES IN AN AIR FRYER
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Fajita Vegetables
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 large red onion, sliced into strips
- 1 small white onion, sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by slicing your pepper and onions, and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add your olive oil and seasoning mix, and toss to coat.
- Add your vegetables to the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 390 degrees F (200 C), and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, shaking your basket frequently during the cooking process.
- Air Fryer