Air Fryer Shrimp Fajita Bowls are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a healthy meal.
The shrimp are cooked in the air fryer and then can be served over a bed of rice. The fajita toppings can be customized to your liking, but we suggest bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
This dish is perfect for a quick, easy weeknight meal or a fun and festive weekend lunch. Air Fryer Shrimp Fajita Bowls are sure to become a new family favorite!
Air Fryer Shrimp Fajita Bowls are a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious Tex-Mex meal. The shrimp are cooked in the air fryer until they are crispy and slightly charred, and then they are served over a bed of rice and beans. The bowls are topped with fresh salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, making them a complete meal that is full of flavor. And because the air fryer cooks the shrimp so quickly, these Air Fryer Shrimp Fajita Bowls can be on the table in just 30 minutes. So if you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal that is sure to please everyone, these Air Fryer Shrimp Fajita Bowls are a perfect choice.
What Are Shrimp Fajitas In A Bowl
What are shrimp fajitas in a bowl? Well, they are a type of fajita that is made with shrimp instead of traditional beef or chicken. And, they are served in a bowl instead of on a tortilla.
Now, you may be thinking that this sounds like a pretty boring dish. But, I promise you, it is anything but boring! The shrimp is cooked in a delicious blend of spices and then served with sautéed peppers and onions, all in a generous portion of savory rice. Top it off with some fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime, and you have got yourself one delicious and healthy meal!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Shrimp Fajita Bowls
Shrimp, peppers, and onions are cooked to perfection in the air fryer and then served over cilantro lime rice in these delicious air fryer shrimp fajita bowls! These easy shrimp fajitas can be on your table in less than 30 minutes, making them perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight meal. And cleanup is a breeze since everything is cooked in the air fryer! To make these air fryer shrimp fajita bowls, you will need
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Oil: Use any high-heat oil, olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or coconut oil.
- Peppers: I used a variety of red, yellow, and orange bell peppers
- Onions: You can use sweet, red, or regular white onions.
- Shrimp: For a quick dish, use peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Seasonings and Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, and Cilantro.
How To Cook Shrimp Fajita Bowls In The Air Fryer
Add the oil, sliced bell peppers, and onion in a small mixing bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Set the temperature to 370 degrees F in the air fryer basket, and cook for 9 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
In another bowl, add the shrimp, oil, ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, and return to the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp is opaque, be careful not to overcook.
Add rice to the bottom of the bowl, and top with the vegetables and shrimp. Add some fresh herbs and your favorite toppings!
Tips For Making Shrimp Fajita Bowls
If you’re in the mood for something Mexican but don’t want all the fuss of tacos, why not try a shrimp fajita bowl? Fajita bowls are all the best parts of a taco without the shell. Plus, they’re easy to customize with your favorite toppings. Here are a few tips for making the perfect shrimp fajita bowl:
- Start with a bed of rice. This will help soak up all the delicious sauce and flavors from the shrimp and vegetables.
- Sauté your shrimp with plenty of garlic, chili powder, and cumin for a real flavor punch.
- Load up on the veggies! Bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes are all great choices. Mix and match to find your perfect combination.
- Don’t forget the lime juice! A squeeze of fresh lime juice ties everything together.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Avocado, sour cream, and salsa are all great options. And if you’re feeling indulgent, add some crispy tortilla strips on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frozen shrimp in the air fryer
Cooking frozen shrimp in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious seafood dinner. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook the shrimp for 7 to 8 minutes. Some air fryers even have a specific setting for cooking frozen shrimp.
For best results, shake the basket or air fryer tray halfway through cooking to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking. Enjoy your delicious shrimp with your favorite dipping sauce or side dish.
What to serve with shrimp
Regarding side dishes, endless options can be served with shrimp. A simple salad is always a good choice for a light and healthy option. Alternatively, for something heartier, rice or pasta make excellent accompaniments. Another great option is to serve shrimp with vegetables, such as roasted potatoes or sauteed greens. Or, for a more decadent meal, shrimp can be served with fried foods such as french fries or onion rings. No matter what you choose to serve with your shrimp, it’s sure to be a delicious meal.
How to store Shrimp Fajita Bowls
It’s easy to make these shrimp fajita bowls ahead of time. Place the bowls in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to four days. You can either store the ingredients separately or eat them cold.
More Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes
Air fryers are all the rage these days. And it’s no wonder why. They’re a healthy way to cook up your favorite foods with little to no oil. Plus, they’re super easy to use. If you’re looking for more air fryer recipes, why not try your hand at shrimp? Here are three delicious and healthy air fryer shrimp recipes that are sure to please.
For a classic shrimp dish, try our Air Fryer Shrimp Scampi recipe. This light and flavourful dish comes together in minutes with just a handful of ingredients. If you’re in the mood for something a little different, try our Air Fryer Thai Curry Shrimp. This recipe is packed with flavor and can be made as mild or spicy as you like. And for something truly unique, check out our Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Shrimp. This dish is crispy, cheesy, and oh-so-good. Trust us, you’ll want to make it again and again.
So what are you waiting for? Give these air fryer shrimp recipes a try today!
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
Are you looking for more air fryer seafood recipes? You’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll share three delicious and easy-to-make recipes for your air fryer.
- First up is air fryer shrimp. This recipe is super simple and only requires a few ingredients!
- Next is air fryer fish tacos. This recipe is perfect for a fun and easy weeknight dinner.
- Finally, we have an air fryer calamari. This recipe is more involved than the others, but it’s worth it!
Air Fryer Shrimp Fajita Bowls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Serve with White Rice, Cilantro and Lime Wedges
- In a small mixing bowl, add the oil, sliced bell peppers, and onion, and season with salt and black pepper. Set into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, and cook for 9 to 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- In another bowl, add the shrimp, oil, ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, and return to the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp is opaque, be careful not to overcook.
- Add rice to the bottom of the bowl, and top with the vegetables and shrimp. Add some fresh herbs and your favorite toppings!
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven