This is a fantastic way to make frozen crinkle fries in the air fryer! Add some seasonings to really take your frozen crinkle cut french fries up a notch!
Weeknights — and let’s be honest, weekends too! — can be a busy time for families. It’s easy to grab fast food on the way home when you’re too tired to cook, but those unhealthy meals can add up!
That’s why I love frozen crinkle fries in the air fryer! It’s a quick and easy side dish that the whole family will love, and they go with just about everything.
Looking for something different than the same old potato side? Some of my favorite Air Fryer Vegetable recipes include AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES, AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRIES, JICAMA FRIES (AIR FRYER), and AIR FRYER GREEN BEAN FRIES.
Frozen Crinkle Fries in Air Fryer
Do you love fries but don’t love the unhealthy fat and calories that come with them? If so, then you’ll love this recipe for air fryer crinkle cut fries! These fries are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and they’re made with only a fraction of the unhealthy oil that traditional frying requires.
Even better, it only takes a few minutes to make crinkle cut fries in the air fryer! So easy and delicious – you’ll never want to eat drive-thru French fries again!
Why You’ll Love Crinkle Cut Fries in Air Fryer
- Ready in minutes
- Kid friendly
- Better than the drive thru
- Use your favorite seasonings
- Easy snack or dinner side
Ingredients Needed For Crinkle Fries in Air Fryer
You can make a fantastic side dish to go with any meal, or serve these as a snack or appetizer with only a few ingredients! They are soon going to be a family and kid-friendly favorite!
- Frozen Crinkle Fries
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Peper, Garlic Powder, Minced Onion, Oregano, Cayenne, Sweet Paprika, Thyme
What Are The Best Frozen Crinkle Cut French Fries?
There are so many brands that cook up perfectly in the air fryer. Some of my favorites are:
- Great Value (Wal-Mart Brand)
- Trader Joe’s
- Target, Market Pantry
- Cascadian Farm
How To Make Crinkle Cut Fries in Air Fryer
Step 1: Season crinkle cut french fries
Pour the vegetable oil over frozen fries in a large mixing bowl and mix to coat. In a small bowl, combine all spices. Sprinkles half the spices over the fries. Mix to coat. Add the last half of the spices and mix again.
Step 2: Cook crinkle fries in air fryer
Add the fries to the air fryer and cook at 370 degrees F on a manual setting for 15 minutes. Stir the fries every 5 minutes.
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the air fryer. You want to spread the crinkle fries in the air fryer in a single layer. This way, the hot air circulating around the crinkle cut french fries cooks them to perfection!
- Flipping or Shaking: Depending on what air fryer you own, you may want to shake the basket several times during the cooking process. This way, the fries are evenly cooked.
- Different Air Fryers: Since every air fryer is slightly different, you will need to check on your food as it cooks. The cooking time may be different for your air fryer crinkle cut fries.
- Preheating: There is no need to preheat your air fryer. Frozen foods tend to cook better when starting with a cold air fryer basket.
- Oil: I usually use olive oil, but you can use any other high-heat oil. My favorites are avocado oil, coconut oil, and even grapeseed oil.
Storage and Reheating
Storing: Let the french fries cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Reheating: Place leftover crinkle fries in air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees F. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until they are warm.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries?
There are so many things that you can serve with air fried frozen crinkle fries. Some of my favorites are:
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN THIGH SCHNITZEL
- AIR FRYER COBB SALAD
- EASY AIR FRYER HALIBUT
- AIR FRYER MEXICAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- AIR FRYER MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH
What Are Some Great Dipping Sauces?
While we all tend to think of ketchup as the ideal dipping sauce for french fries, some of my favorites are here!
- EASY HOMEMADE KETCHUP RECIPE
- COPYCAT KFC HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
- EASY SWEET CHILI SAUCE
- CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- SMOKEY SOUTHERN COMEBACK SAUCE
Can You Cook Frozen Crinkle Fries In The Air Fryer?
Yes! With just a few simple ingredients and a quick cook time, you can enjoy a delicious and healthy snack perfect for game day or any day!
Why Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries?
There are so many reasons to make frozen foods in the air fryer. I love making frozen crinkle fries in the air fryer for these reasons:
Faster! No need to preheat your oven. When you make your crinkle fries in the air fryer, you don’t have to wait for the range to come to temperature. You can have them on the table in only a few minutes!
Easy! I love this. Put your frozen crinkle fries in the air fryer and hit a button. With a few shakes of the basket, you get a fantastic batch of crispy fries in no time!
Delicious! You can get a delightful and delicious batch of crinkle cut fries in the air fryer that are crispy and seasoned to perfection.
Healthier! No oil is needed here. You will get the same flavor as deep-frying without all of the oil. Your kids will soon forget the drive-thru and beg you to buy more frozen crinkle cut french fries.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD
- AIR FRYER BREADED EGGPLANT
- Easy AIR FRYER IRISH SODA BREAD
- AIR FRYER PIZZA HUT BREADSTICKS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
- 4 cups Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Add your French fries and pour the vegetable oil over them in a large mixing bowl. Mix to coat the fries. In a small bowl, combine all spices. Sprinkles half the spices over the fries. Mix to coat. Add the last half of the spices and mix to coat.
- Add the fries to the air fryer and cook at 370 degrees F on a manual setting for 15 minutes. Stir the fries every 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer