Easy Sweet Chili Sauce —This recipe is all about making chili sauce fast and easy. You can use this for several dishes, including chicken, pork, or even your favorite stir fry. I’ll show you how to make it in just 5 minutes and without any hard-to-find ingredients!
I love cooking. I especially enjoy creating new dishes and experimenting with different ingredients. But sometimes, it’s hard to find a great sauce or dressing that won’t take hours to prepare, so I was thrilled when my friend told me about this recipe for sweet chili sauce.
It’s easy to make and tastes delicious! Plus, it has a lot less sugar than other sauces, which is excellent for weight loss if you’re watching your calories or trying to eat healthier. If you’re looking for a quick meal idea, try this dish out!
What Is Easy Sweet Chili Sauce?
This sauce is a Thai sweet chili version of the classic American dish, with its tangy sourness and spicy kick. It goes great on anything from seafood to vegetables!
This is a great sauce that you will soon be making every day! It’s so good!
How To Use Sweet Chili Sauce
Sweet chili sauce can be used for anything from fish, chicken to egg rolls. Some of my favorite recipes to serve this with are:
- AIR FRYER RANCH CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER PAD THAI CHICKEN EGG ROLLS
- NINJA FOODI CHICKEN PAD THAI
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN BROCCOLI AND RICE
- INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS IN MUSHROOM GRAVY
Ingredients Needed For Easy Sweet Chili Sauce
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Granulated Sugar
- Sambal Oelek
How To Make Easy Sweet Chili Sauce
In a small saucepan, add the rice wine vinegar, sugar, water, and sambal oelek, and over low-medium heat, simmer, for a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.
In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water, and mix well. Stir into the sauce until everything is well combined.
What Is Sambal Oelek?
Sambal oelek is a spicy Indonesian chili sauce that has been around for centuries. The ingredients are typically, but not always, shallots, garlic, red chilis, and salt. The texture and flavor of sambal oelek can vary depending on what type of chilies are used and how many other ingredients such as sugar or tamarind leaves were added. But no matter what variation you choose to make at home, this dish will be sure to spice up any dish!
Where To Buy Sambal Oelek?
You can find Sambal Oelek in any grocery store, and it’s in the same aisle as the Asian spices and sauces. If you can not find it there, you can also find it on Amazon.
MORE HOMEMADE PANTRY ITEMS:
- CHICK-FIL-A COPYCAT COLESLAW RECIPE
- HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING
- hOMEMADE FRENCH ONION DIP
- REMOULADE SAUCE
- CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- HOMEMADE BLUE-CHEESE DRESSING
DON’T FORGET TO PIN:
Easy Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small saucepan, add the rice wine vinegar, sugar, water, and sambal oelek, and over low-medium heat, simmer, for a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water, and mix well. Stir into the sauce until everything is well combined.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Mixing Bowl