Air Fryer Halibut is so good, both tender, and juicy. Every bite is seasoned beautifully, flaky, and air fried to perfection! Air fried halibut will soon be one of your favorite fish dishes that you can make.
Weeknights, dinner parties, or a quick lunch are all perfect times to air fry halibut! It’s fancy enough to serve to dinner guests, but can also be a nutritious low key dinner as well.
Halibut in the air fryer is so incredibly easy and juicy! So, if you have been scared to make seafood in the air fryer, this is a great recipe to start with!
Why You’ll Love Halibut In The Air Fryer
- 15 minutes start to finish
- Simple, basic ingredients
- Easy dinner idea
Ingredients Needed For This Air Fryer Halibut Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy and healthy fish recipe, you’ll love this air fried halibut. It’s simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. Plus, it’s cooked in just minutes! Give it a try today!
- Halibut Fillets: You can use fresh or frozen halibut, but frozen halibut will need a longer cooking time.
- Olive Oil: You can also use any high-heat oil or even olive oil spray
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder
- Garnish: Serve air fried halibut with freshly sliced lemons or tartar sauce
How To Make Air Fryer Halibut
Step 1: Season halibut
Start by rubbing your halibut with olive oil or another high-heat oil, or spray your halibut with cooking spray. Then season the fish with your seasonings.
Step 2: Air fry halibut
Place your halibut in the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting and cook for 7 to 9 minutes. The exact temperature will depend on how thick your halibut filets are.
Step 3: Serve
Serve with tartar sauce or lemon slices.
- Fresh: Make sure that you choose the freshest halibut fillets. Check to make sure that there is no odor or discoloration.
- Purchasing: After purchase, you’ll need to air fry halibut within a couple of days so they are at the peak of freshness.
- Parchment Paper: I like to use a piece of parchment paper or a reusable silicone liner to keep the halibut fillets from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Fresh Herbs: You can also use fresh herbs if you want, especially during the summer when fresh herbs are in season. It’s a great way to add some flavor easily.
- Making Halibut In Air Fryer Oven: If you want to make this in an air fryer oven, you can place the halibut fillets on the bottom shelf or lowest rack.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Is Halibut?
Halibut is a white, flaky fish found in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. It can weigh up to 200 pounds and grow up to six feet long. Halibut has a mild flavor and a delicate texture. It is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Halibut can be cooked in many ways, but it is typically baked, fried, or grilled.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to cook your fish, look no further than this air fryer halibut recipe! This air fried halibut has no breading either!
What Is An Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a cooking appliance that cooks food by circulating hot air around it. The hot air cooks the food, and the circulation ensures that all food is cooked evenly. Air fryers are an excellent option for people who want to cook healthier foods because they use less oil than traditional frying methods. They are also convenient because you can use them for cooking various foods, including chicken, fish, vegetables, and French fries.
Today, we made a very simple Air Fryer Halibut Recipe, and it was terrific. There is nothing better than halibut in air fryer!
If you are looking for an air fryer, here are some of my favorites!
What is the best way to eat halibut in the air fryer?
I love eating this as typical seafood or fish dinner. Serve this alongside chips for a standard fish and chips dinner! It’s both only healthy and it is delicious. You can also serve this alongside a healthy garden salad or even a plate of rice. This makes a great Keto and low-carb dinner option, straight from your air fryer.
What other spices or flavorings pair well with this air fryer halibut recipe?
This is a great and mild white fish that pairs well with various spices and seasonings. For some great flavor, some of my favorites are lemon pepper, Italian Seasoning, Basil, Oregano, Sea salt, and even Garlic and Black pepper. Aldi, Costco, and Trader Joe’s have fantastic spice blends that are quick and easy but delicious, and they are great for air fryer fish dinners!
Can you make fish tacos with this recipe?
Yes, there is nothing better for a great and delicious fish taco! You can change out the seasonings for taco seasoning and then serve along with tortillas, rice, and even some pineapple salsa, for a fantastic delicious fish taco!
Can I use frozen fish for this recipe?
Yes, if you want to air fry halibut from frozen fillets, you can add the frozen fish to the air fryer basket. The temperature would remain the same, but you would need to add a few minutes to the cooking time!
How long can you store air fried halibut in the refrigerator or freezer?
This is a great make-ahead meal. Let the air fryer halibut cool to room temperature and then place it into an aright container. They will last for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator. If you want to freeze the halibut, put it into a freezer bag, and it will last for about 2 to 3 months.
More Seafood Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER SOUTHERN-STYLE SHRIMP
- CRISPY AIR FRYER COD
- HOW TO REHEAT LOBSTER IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER EVERYTHING BAGEL SALMON
- AIR FRYER MAHI MAHI
- EASY AIR FRYER BACON AND CRAB ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHILEAN SEA BASS
- AIR FRYER BOURBON GLAZED SALMON
Don’t Forget To Pin:
This is my favorite way to make Halibut in the Air Fryer. It's amazing. You end up with a tender and delicious plate of Halibut meal, without any breading or panko!
- 1 pound Halibut Filet
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Start by rubbing your halibut with olive oil or another high heat oil, and you can also spray your halibut with cooking spray. Then season the fish with your seasonings.
Brush your air fryer basket with cooking spray, or use a piece of parchment paper, or reusable silicone liner.
Place your fish into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting and cook for 7 to 9 minutes. The exact temperature will depend on how thick your halibut filets are.
Serve with tartar sauce or lemon slices.