Air Fryer Sushi Bowl — With the weather getting warmer, it’s time to get out of your winter rut. Why not try something new? This Air Fryer Sushi Bowls recipe is a healthy way to switch up your routine and have some fun in the kitchen.
I love sushi, but I don’t always have time to go out and buy it. This is where the air fryer comes in handy! With a few simple ingredients, you can make your sushi bowl right at home.
The Air Fryer Sushi Bowl is a creative dish that will impress your friends and family. You can prepare it easily at home, or you could even take this as part of the lunch box for school days!
This delicious meal has been inspired by Asian cuisine and cooks up perfectly in your air fryer! A great and healthy air fryer recipe! I promise you, and I will be making them for years to come!
If you love Japanese food, some of my favorite Air Fryer Asian Inspired Recipes are AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN, AIR FRYER KUNG PAO CHICKEN, AIR FRYER FROZEN SPRING ROLLS, and AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS.
What is a Sushi Bowl?
A sushi bowl is a beautiful mix of rice, fish, and vegetables. It can be served as an appetizer or main course and provides the perfect healthy and tasty food balance. A sushi bowl may include cucumber, avocado, pickled ginger, carrots, seaweed salad with sesame oil dressing (and other ingredients). Sushi bowls are quick to prepare because most of them is ready ahead of time.
Today, I seared the salmon, but you can cook it entirely if you want that! You can also switch out the salmon for tuna, halibut, mackerel, squid, or eel. The possibilities are endless.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Sushi Bowl
Rice: Jasmine or Sushi Rice
Sauces: Japanese Mayonnise, Soy Sauce, or Srirach Sauce
Vegetables: English Cumbers, Avacado, Water Chestnuts, Carrots, Beans, Snap Peas, Radishes, and lemons.
Protein: Fish: Choose from: salmon, eel, squid, halibut, tuna, or even crab meat.
How To Make Air Fryer Sushi Bowl
Slice all of your vegetables.
Season your salmon (or other protein) with salt and black pepper. Preheat your Air Fryer To 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. And air fry for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the salmon is done to your liking.
Build Your Bowl: Add the rice, vegetables, salmon, and then drizzle with the sauce.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Can this be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can make some components of your sushi bowl beforehand to save time. The rice and sauce both taste better when made fresh but it’s not necessary!
For best results, make the rice no more than a day ahead of time and dice the vegetables up, so they are still at the peak of freshness.
Keep the ingredients in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, until ready to use.
How To Store Air Fryer Sushi Bowl
The Sushi bowl, once assembled, can only last for about a day when stored in the refrigerator. Place the sushi bowl ingredients into an airtight container, and store them in the fridge.
More Air Fryer Asian Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CHINESE BUFFET CRAB CASSEROLE RECIPE
- AIR FRYER CHINESE SPARE RIBS
- BEST AIR FRYER CHINESE RECIPES FOR HOMEMADE TAKEOUT
- INSTANT POT VEGETARIAN CHINESE FRIED RICE
- AIR FRYER CHINESE DONUTS
Air Fryer Sushi Bowl
- 1 cup Jasmine or Sushi Rice (cooked)
- 8 ounces salmon
- 1 cup English Cucumbers
- 1 large avacado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup match stick carrots
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup radishes, sliced
- 1 stalk green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Butter Beans or Fava beans
- 1/8 cup Srirach Sauce
- 1/8 cup Japanese Mayo
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by cooking the rice. If you have an Instant Pot, make Jasmine or Sushi Rice and let it cool down slightly.
- Slice all of your vegetables.
- Season your salmon (or other protein) with salt and black pepper. Preheat your Air Fryer To 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. And air fry for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the salmon is done to your liking.
- Build Your Bowl: Add the rice, vegetables, salmon, and then drizzle with the sauces.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer