Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls — If you have been looking for a better way to cook your Frozen Spring Rolls, look no further than your air fryer!
In less than 10 minutes, you will have a batch of crispy spring rolls, perfect for a quick snack or tasty appetizer.
Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls have a light, crispy outer shell with a flavorful filling. Cooking them in the air fryer gives them a perfect texture and is easy and quick!
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, and you have a side dish, a great snack, or a delicious appetizer for the whole family.
Crispy air fryer spring rolls are a fun finger food for a snack or party. This easy recipe is one of my son’s favorite snacks. You can serve them with egg rolls as a perfect appetizer for AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN, AIR FRYER KUNG PAO CHICKEN, or AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’s CHICKEN.
Can You Cook Frozen Spring Rolls In Air Fryer?
Yes! The air fryer excels at cooking frozen foods, and spring rolls are no exception. By cooking frozen spring rolls in the air fryer, you’ll achieve a crispy exterior and a perfectly cooked interior without excessive oil. It’s a quick, efficient, and healthier method that delivers restaurant-quality results right in the comfort of your home.
So, the next time you crave those delightful rolls, pop them in the air fryer and enjoy the crispy goodness!
Why You Will Love Cooking Frozen Spring Rolls In Air Fryer
- Effortless Cooking: Simply place them in, set the timer, and let the air fryer work magic.
- Consistent Crispiness: Achieve uniformly golden and crispy spring rolls every time without the unevenness of oven baking.
- Healthier Option: Skip the excessive oil of traditional deep frying, cutting down on unnecessary calories and fats.
- Quick & Efficient: Faster than preheating an oven, the air fryer cooks spring rolls in a fraction of the time.
- Less Mess: No dealing with splattering oil or turning rolls for even cooking. Just easy, mess-free preparation and cooking.
- Perfect for Snacking: The air fryer’s convenience makes whipping up a batch for unexpected guests or movie nights a breeze.
- Flavor Preservation: Air frying locks in the delicious flavors and juices of the filling, ensuring every bite is as tasty as intended.
- Versatile: Perfect for all types of spring rolls, from vegetable to meat-filled, catering to every preference.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls
Embark on a culinary adventure as you delve into the world of frozen spring rolls, a versatile gem ready to shine in the air fryer. Below are the essential ingredients and tools to ensure your spring rolls transform from frozen delights to crispy, golden appetizers in no time.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Spring Rolls: These are pre-made, packed delights that come filled with an array of ingredients, from veggies to meats, all wrapped in a thin pastry. Their frozen state ensures they remain fresh until they hit the heat, promising a burst of flavor with every bite.
- Oil Spray (Optional): A light misting can give your spring rolls an extra touch of golden crispiness. While the air fryer inherently requires less oil, a spritz of this can mimic that deep-fried texture without the added calories.
- Dipping Sauces: Whether it’s Thai sweet chili sauce, peanut sauce, duck sauce, plum sauce, soy sauce, or a tangy tamarind dip, sauces complement and elevate the taste of the spring rolls, adding layers of flavor and enhancing the overall snacking experience.
- Fresh Herbs (Optional): Ingredients like fresh cilantro or mint can be used for garnishing, adding a refreshing touch and bright contrast to the rich flavors of the spring rolls.
How To Cook Frozen Spring Rolls In Air Fryer
Unleash the power of modern kitchen technology and dive into a world where convenience meets gourmet. Cooking frozen spring rolls in the air fryer is the answer to achieving that irresistible restaurant-quality crunch right at home sans the mess and hassle of traditional methods. Join me on this culinary journey as we explore how the air fryer revolutionizes how we enjoy these classic Asian appetizers.
Here’s to crispy exteriors, perfectly steamed fillings, and a snacking experience that’s truly unparalleled!
Remove your frozen spring rolls from the freezer, and do not thaw them. You’ll want them to be frozen solid for the best results.
Lightly spray or brush the spring rolls with oil. This step is optional but gives an added golden crispiness to the rolls.
Preheat the Air Fryer (if your model requires it):
Set your air fryer to 390°F (200°C) and allow it to preheat for 3-4 minutes.
Once preheated, carefully place the frozen spring rolls into the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they don’t touch or overlap. This guarantees even cooking.
Air fry the spring rolls at 390 degrees F (200°C) with a cook time of 8-10 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, take a moment to turn or shake the rolls to ensure even browning.
Once they have achieved a golden-brown color and crispy texture, carefully remove the spring rolls from the air fryer using tongs.
Serve immediately with your preferred dipping sauces and, if desired, garnish with fresh herbs.
Having a take-out night at home? BEST AIR FRYER CHINESE RECIPES FOR HOMEMADE TAKEOUT
Pro Tips for Cooking Frozen Spring Rolls in the Air Fryer
- No Overcrowding: Place the spring rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they don’t touch. This guarantees even cooking and crispiness.
- Oil for Extra Crunch: While the air fryer requires minimal oil, a light spray can give your spring rolls an added layer of golden crispiness.
- Shake or Turn: Halfway through the cooking process, gently shake the basket or turn the spring rolls. This promotes uniform browning.
- Preheat for Perfection: Not all air fryers require preheating, but if yours does, don’t skip this step. It ensures the spring rolls start cooking immediately upon placement.
- Adjust Cooking Time: Depending on the size and type of spring roll and the air fryer model, cooking times may vary slightly. Always check for a golden-brown color as an indicator of readiness.
- Sauces on the Side: While it’s tempting to glaze or sauce the rolls before cooking, it’s best to serve the sauces on the side to maintain the spring roll’s crispy texture.
- Use Tongs: When removing the spring rolls, use tongs to prevent any potential burns or tearing of the delicate pastry.
- Serve Immediately: Spring rolls are best enjoyed fresh from the air fryer at their crispiest. They can lose some of that desired crunch if they sit too long.
Best Brands Of Frozen Spring Rolls
Selecting the best brand of frozen spring rolls can often be subjective, as preferences vary based on taste, ingredients, and personal dietary choices. However, certain brands have gained popularity due to their consistent quality and flavor profiles. Here are some top picks for the best brands of frozen spring rolls; you can find most of them at your local grocery stores.
- Wei-Chuan – Known for its authentic Asian flavors and variety, Wei-Chuan offers both meat-filled and vegetarian spring rolls.
- Trader Joe’s – Their frozen section boasts a variety of global cuisines, and their spring rolls, particularly the vegetable ones, are a favorite among many.
- Ajinomoto – A brand with a global presence, Ajinomoto’s spring rolls are known for their crispy wrapper and flavorful fillings.
- Ling Ling – Popular in many grocery stores, Ling Ling offers a range of Asian appetizers, including mini spring rolls that many consumers appreciate for their taste and texture.
- Annie Chun’s – For those who prioritize organic and non-GMO ingredients, Annie Chun’s provides a healthier spring roll option without compromising on flavor.
- Feel Good Foods – Catering to various dietary needs, their gluten-free spring rolls have been a hit for those with specific dietary restrictions.
- Bibigo is a brand that champions Korean flavors. Their spring rolls (sometimes labeled mini wontons) contain authentic spices and ingredients.
- PF Chang’s Home Menu – Bringing the restaurant experience home, PF Chang’s frozen spring rolls are designed to replicate the taste of their dine-in menu.
- Imperial Gourmet – Known for bulk packs, these are great for parties and get-togethers, offering meat and veggie options.
- Whole Foods 365 – The in-house brand of Whole Foods Market, their chicken spring rolls are popular among those seeking more natural and organic ingredient lists.
FAQ About Frozen Air-Fried Spring Rolls
Do I need to thaw the spring rolls before air frying?
No, you don’t need to thaw them. Air frying frozen spring rolls directly ensure they cook evenly and crisply.
Can I stack the spring rolls in the air fryer?
It’s best to avoid stacking. For optimal crispiness, please place them in a single layer without them touching.
How long do I need to cook the spring rolls in the air fryer?
Typically, frozen spring rolls take 10-15 minutes at 390°F (200°C). However, times might vary depending on their size and the air fryer model. Always check for a golden brown color.
Do I need to oil the spring rolls before air frying?
While not strictly necessary, a light oil spray can enhance the rolls’ golden color and crispiness.
Can I reheat leftover spring rolls in the air fryer?
Absolutely! Reheat them at 350°F (175°C) for 3-5 minutes or until they regain their crispiness.
Is air frying healthier than deep frying?
Yes, air frying uses significantly less oil than traditional deep frying, reducing calorie and fat intake.
Can I use homemade spring rolls in the air fryer?
Of course! Whether store-bought or homemade, the air fryer will deliver crispy results. Just adjust cooking times, as homemade ones might differ slightly from frozen ones.
- AIR FRYER AVOCADO EGG ROLLS
- INSTANT POT PORK FRIED RICE
- AIR FRYER CRAB RANGOON EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHINESE EGG ROLLS
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CALZONES
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER FROM RAW OR FROZEN!
- EASY AIR FRYER CANDIED PECANS
- AIR FRYER CAJUN FRIED PICKLES
- AIR FRYER GREEN PEAS RECIPE
Frozen Spring Rolls in Air Fryer
- 1 package frozen spring rolls
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for about 4 minutes.
- Add the frozen spring rolls to the air fryer basket. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Set the time for 10 minutes, flip halfway during the cooking process and spray again.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Cooking Spray, optional