Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls have a light crispy outer shell with a flavorful filling inside. Cooking them in the air fryer gives them a perfect texture and is easy and quick!
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, and you have a side dish, a great snack, or a delicious appetizer for the whole family.
Crispy air fryer spring rolls are a fun finger food to serve as a snack or party. This easy recipe is one of my son’s favorite snacks. You can serve them along with egg rolls as a perfect appetizer for AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN, AIR FRYER KUNG PAO CHICKEN, or AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN.
- No need to defrost the spring rolls before air frying. For best results, just put them straight in still frozen.
- Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes to help spring rolls cook faster.
- Put the spring rolls in a single layer and give them some space to cook more evenly.
- Keep an eye on the spring rolls during the last few minutes of cooking. Because of the delicate spring roll wrapper, they can burn quickly.
Cooking spring rolls in the air fryer is the best method to get them perfectly crispy and delicious. You can always cook the spring rolls in a conventional oven, but the air fryer will take way less time. Not to mention the air fryer gets them crispier, and there is less mess to clean up! Plus, using an air fryer is healthier than deep-frying them.
Depending on the air fryer you have, it may have a basket or a tray.
There are a lot of different brands of air fryers, but some popular ones are:
For these air fryer spring rolls, you will need a package of frozen spring rolls.
There are so many different types and brands of spring rolls. Our favorites are chicken spring rolls, vegetable spring rolls, and pork spring rolls.
In addition to the spring rolls, you can also get a dipping sauce. Some brands come with sauce packets inside, or you can get your own. Here are a few options:
How to make frozen spring rolls in the air fryer
Making frozen spring rolls in the air fryer is so easy! Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F (204 degrees Celsius) on the air fryer setting for about 4 minutes. Preheating the air fryer is optional but helps decrease the overall cooking time.
Add the frozen spring rolls to the air fryer basket or tray.
Give the spring rolls space, and don’t put them too close to each other. The air fryer works by circulating hot air around the food, so if pieces are too close together, they won’t cook evenly. This is why it’s not recommended to stack the spring rolls.
Spray generously with cooking spray or olive oil spray. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Flip halfway during the cooking process.
Depending on the type of spring rolls you get, they come in different shapes and sizes. Because of this, cook time can vary. Adjust your cooking times according to the size of your spring rolls. You may also need to adjust your cooking time according to the air fryer model you have.
Spring rolls are done when heated throughout, golden brown, and crispy. Be careful when removing them, as they will be hot. You can use tongs for easy removal.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Having a take-out night at home? BEST AIR FRYER CHINESE RECIPES FOR HOMEMADE TAKEOUT
Other cooking methods for spring rolls
You can still make these yummy spring rolls if you don’t have an air fryer.
- Oven – You can bake the spring rolls in the oven at 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) for about 15-20 minutes depending on the brand. Flip halfway.
- Skillet – Make them on the stove top in a skillet. Heat up some vegetable oil or canola oil in a frying pan and fry the rolls for 5-8 minutes, until heated through and crispy. Flip halfway through cooking.
- Microwave – Cook according to the package directions, but the microwave never really gets them crispy!
How to store leftovers?
Store leftover spring rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat spring rolls?
You can also reheat your spring rolls in the air fryer. Cook the same way, but you will need less cooking time since they are not frozen.
What to serve with spring rolls?
Try some of these other delicious recipes to serve with your spring rolls.
- AIR FRYER AVOCADO EGG ROLLS
- INSTANT POT PORK FRIED RICE
- AIR FRYER CRAB RANGOON EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHINESE EGG ROLLS
If your spring rolls are still cold in the middle, they need a little more time in the air fryer. You can also try preheating the air fryer next time for a few minutes before adding the frozen food.
The total cook time for spring rolls in the air fryer will depend on the spring rolls’ brand and the type of air fryer you have. On average, it will take about 10 minutes total. Adjust your cook time according to how big or small your rolls are.
No, frozen foods do best when they go from frozen to the air fryer. Otherwise, they become soggy as they start to melt (defrost).
It is not recommended to stack any foods in the air fryer. The air fryer works by circulating hot air around the food, so if pieces are too close together, they won’t cook evenly.
Air fry spring rolls at 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) for about 10 minutes.
MORE QUICK & EASY AIR FRYER APPETIZERS
- AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CALZONES
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER FROM RAW OR FROZEN!
- EASY AIR FRYER CANDIED PECANS
- AIR FRYER CAJUN FRIED PICKLES
- AIR FRYER GREEN PEAS RECIPE
Frozen Spring Rolls in Air Fryer
- 1 package frozen spring rolls
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for about 4 minutes.
- Add the frozen spring rolls to the air fryer basket. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Set the time for 10 minutes, flip halfway during the cooking process and spray again.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer