Air Fryer Cajun Fried Pickles are amazing. They make for a quick and crispy treat any time of the day!
Today, I added some Cajun spices to kick them up a bit! Nothing is better for the deep-fried flavor without the oil than the air fryer.
If you have not tried them yet, air fryer pickles are crispy and so much healthier than the restaurant version that you will get since they are not cooked in vegetable oil. They are light, they are flavorful, and they’re absolutely delicious.
If you are looking for other tasty treats, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER TACO BELL COPYCAT NACHO FRIES, AIR FRYER FRIED OKRA, AIR FRYER GREEN BEAN FRIES, AIR FRYER JALAPENO POPPER WONTON CUPS and AIR FRYER LOADED MASHED POTATO EGG ROLLS.
Air Fryer Cajun Fried Pickles
- Pickle Chips/Slices
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cajun Seasoning
How To Make Air Fryer Cajun Fried Pickles
In a bowl, mix the seasoning, flour, and cornstarch. Coat each pickle in the mixture. In another bowl, beat the egg and dredge each pickle in egg wash.
Coat each egg back in the flour mixture and place it in an air fryer basket. Spray with oil and cook on 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes.
Some Common Questions About Making Air Fried Pickles
Tips for Making Fried Pickles in the Air Fryer
- Use a paper towel and pat the pickles down; you want them as dry as possible before adding them to the flour mixture.
- You can use pickle slices or spears. Either will work for this recipe.
- For added spice, add a few drops of hot sauce to the egg mixture.
What to serve with Fried Pickles?
These make an amazing appetizer, but if you want to serve them as part of dinner, add a large salad.
Or have an appetizer dinner, nothing is better in the air fryer than a bunch of appetizers.
The Best Cajun Seasoning For Your Battered Pickles with Cajun Seasoning
Dipping Sauces for Air Fryer Cajun Fried Pickles
You can serve them with whatever you have on hand, some of my favorites are:
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Appetizers
- AIR FRYER CRISPY SPINACH & RICOTTA FRIED TORTELLINI
- AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS
- EASY AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES
- AIR FRYER GARLIC ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES
- 1 cup pickle slices/chips
- 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespooon creole or cajun seasoning
- In a bowl, mix the seasoning, flour, and cornstarch. Coat each pickle in the mixture. In another bowl, beat the egg and dredge each pickle in egg wash.
- Coat each egg back in the flour mixture and place it in an air fryer basket. Spray with oil and cook on 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 1174mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g