Air Fryer Crispy Spinach & Ricotta Fried Tortellini are excellent; there is nothing better than some Air Fryer Crispy Tortellini. This makes the perfect appetizer, snack, or light lunch or supper.
The air fryer makes a quick and tasty bite of crispy, crunchy, and tender pasta filled with cheese and usually served with marinara sauce. It’s excellent kid-friendly food. I mean, which child doesn’t like to dip while they eat.
I love a great plate of fried pasta; usually, when I order it from the restaurant, it’s deep-fried, made in vats of oil. With the air fryer, it’s so much healthier. So, if you love deep-fried tortellini, I bet you will love this dish.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Appetizers, my favorites are AIR FRYER HOMEMADE CHEEZ-ITS, AIR FRYER PEPPER & ONION FLATBREAD, AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS, and AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES.
Air Fryer Crispy Spinach & Ricotta Fried Tortellini
This is a great and versatile dish that you can make in several ways. I used some refrigerated Spinach and Ricotta stuffed tortellini, but you can make this with your favorite tortellini.
One of my favorites is the refrigerated one they sell at Costco, Kirkland Signature Five Cheese Tortellini, or grab Trader Joe’s Spinach or Lobster Tortellini. Both would be amazing air-fried.
Ingredients For Air-Fried Tortellini
- Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Tortellini
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
How To Make Air Fryer Crispy Spinach & Ricotta Fried Tortellini
In a large bowl, soak Tortellini in boiling water for 5 mins, till soft, then drain.
Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a medium shallow bowl.
Dip each tortellini first in beaten eggs, shake excess egg off and then thoroughly coat tortellini in the breadcrumb mix.
Preheat air fryer to 350°F, air fryer setting. Spray your basket with cooking spray so the tortellini doesn’t stick.
Put coated tortellini into the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8-10 mins, until golden and crispy.
Serve warm with your favorite tomato sauce/dip.
Some Common Questions Asked About This Recipe-
What Is The Best Tortellini for Air Fryer Fried Tortellini?
The best ones to get are in the refrigerated section at your local grocery store, specialty grocery store, or box store.
Target, Costco, Trader Joe’s all have their varieties. There are so many options for filling currently available. Some of my favorites are:
- Trader Joe’s Organic Four Cheese Tortellini
- Wegman’s Cheese & Spinach
- Buitoni Chicken and Roasted Garlic Tortellini
Can You Use Frozen Tortellini?
While you can use tortellini since you cook it, it’s best to use the refrigerator.
If you use frozen tortellini in this recipe, be sure to drain very well and only cook al-dente so that it’s almost thawed out.
Do You Cook Tortellini Before Air Frying It
Yes, you cook it till it’s al-dente; make sure that it’s not cooked to the entire package directions; otherwise, you will end up with hard pasta.
The trick is to semi-cook it in the water by boiling and then to finish the cooking in the air fryer.
Some Pro Tips for Making Air Fried Tortellini
- Do not crowd the basket. Otherwise, they will not get all crisp up.
- Cook in batches for best results. You really want the air to flow freely around the tortellini.
- Experiment with different filings.
- Add some other herbs in the panko breadcrumbs, such as oregano, red pepper flakes, Greek seasonings, etc.
- You can substitute out the panko for Italian breadcrumbs.
- Spray your basket with cooking spray so the tortellini doesn’t stick.
When To Serve Up Air Fried Tortellini
This makes for a fantastic air fryer appetizer, light lunch, or an excellent get-together appetizer.
My kids always ask me to make this when they have their friends. This is a great appetizer, and you can even add some fun toothpicks, my son’s favorites (affiliate links)
What To Serve With Air Fried Tortellini
If I am serving this for a light lunch item, I usually pair it with a salad. If I add it as part of a meal, I usually pair it up with one of my Instant Pot Italian Pasta Dishes.
Can You Refrigerate Air Fryer Fried Tortellini
If you have any air fryer tortellini over, the best thing would be to let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator until ready to eat.
To reheat, either place them into a skillet and pan-fry until warmed through. Or place back into the air fryer for 3 to 5 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, until warmed up.
What If I Don’t Own An Air Fryer
If you do not have an air fryer, you can follow this recipe strictly, but change the air fryer out for a regular oven.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Flipping halfway during the cooking process.
How do you cook Louisa toasted ravioli in an air fryer?
You can use the same recipe and the exact directions as in the recipe card below.
The key would be to boil them until they are al-dente. Otherwise, they will become too hard.
How do I make my air fryer crispy?
The effortless way to make air fryer food crispy is to use a thin layer of cooking spray.
If you do not want to use cooking spray, another easy way to make your air fryer food crispy is to space out the food so that the hot air can travel through the basket.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes-
- AIR FRYER TACO BELL COPYCAT NACHO FRIES
- AIR FRYER LOADED BBQ CHICKEN NACHOS
- EASY AIR FRYER PARMESAN DILL PICKLE CHIPS
- AIR FRYER FRIED OKRA
- AIR FRYER HAWAIIAN PIZZA FLATBREAD
- 9 ounces refrigertred Spinahc and Ricotta Stuffed Tortellini
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, soak Tortellini in boiling water for 5 mins, till soft, then drain.
- In a medium shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Dip each tortellini first in beaten eggs, shake excess egg off and then completely coat tortellini in the breadcrumb mix.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Spray the basket with cooking spray.
- Put coated tortellini into the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8-10 mins, until golden and crispy.
- Serve warm with your favorite tomato sauce/dip.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 605mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g