Air Fryer Copycat Texas Roadhouse Pickles — If you love the sweet, salty crunch of Texas Roadhouse Pickles but don’t have a restaurant near you or can’t get enough pickles at home, this recipe is for you.
This recipe will not disappoint! All of your favorite flavors are in these crispy little bites. They’re even better than the original because they’re homemade and won’t break your diet as fried food would. You’ll be licking your fingers for days after making these!
Everyone loves these; they are one of the most popular appetizers. Try my Air Fryer Copycat Texas Roadhouse Deep Fried Pickles with Homemade Dipping Sauce. My family loves these from Texas Road House, and here is my copycat recipe. We usually order these as an appetizer at the restaurant. But now that I’m armed with my new Air Fryer, I thought I would try my hand at them.
Now, I’m not a good oil fryer person. I owned one for about 18 years before deciding on our move. It wasn’t coming with us. Luckily for me, a year later.
Air Fryers became all of the rage, so I” ‘m the proud owner of a few (more than a dozen at posting. I haven’t cooked anything yet that I don’t like. I have been lucky. My favorites, though, have been my cinnamon Rolls and French Fries. Neither of my family could stop eating, so I’m constantly making them.
What Are Texas Roadhouse Pickles
Texas Roadhouse pickles are a popular appetizer served at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant chain. They are typically called “Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles” or “Roadhouse Pickles.”
Coating dill pickle slices, make them in a seasoned batter, and then fry them until they are crispy and golden brown.
The result is a delicious and savory snack that combines the tangy flavor of dill pickles with the crispy texture of fried food. Texas Roadhouse pickles are often served with a dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing, for added flavor. They have become a beloved menu item at Texas Roadhouse and are enjoyed by many as an appetizer or side dish.
Why You Will Love This Copycat Recipe For Texas Roadhouse Pickles
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Dill Pickle Chips: Crispy dill pickle chips are the star of this recipe, providing a tangy and crunchy base for the dish.
- All-Purpose Flour: Flour serves as the primary dry ingredient in the batter, helping to achieve a crispy texture when air-fried.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper gives the batter a hint of heat and extra flavor.
- Cajun Seaoning, Oregano, Basil, Salt and Black Pepper: These seasonings are essential for enhancing the overall taste of the pickles.
How To Make Air Fryer Copycat Texas Roadhouse Pickles
To make Air Fryer Copycat Texas Roadhouse Pickles, follow these steps:
In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour and the spices.
I drained the pickles and dried them on paper towels for about 20 minutes. So they would be ready for dredging. Coat the pickles with seasoned flour.
As you make them, place the battered pickles on either an air fryer basket or tray (both have been sprayed with olive oil, so they don’t stick)
Here is the secret: you MUST spray all the batter with olive oil. So they become crispy. Set in the air fryer oven or basket, and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 7 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 7 minutes (air fryer setting)
Pro Tips For The Best Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles Recipe
More Air Fryer Recipes
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Copycat Texas Roadhouse Pickles
Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickle Ingredients:
- 3 cups dill pickle sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickle Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, Cajun seasoning, dried oregano, dried basil, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Drain the pickles and then dried them on paper towels for about 20 minutes. So they would be ready for dredging.
- Coat the pickles with seasoned flour.
- As you make them placed the battered pickles on either an air fryer basket or tray (both have been sprayed with olive oil, so they don’t stick)
- Now, here is the secret, you MUST spray all of the batters with olive oil spray. So they become crispy.
- Set in the air fryer oven or basket, and set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. (air fryer setting) After 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 7 minutes (air fryer setting)
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional