Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork –The BBQ Pulled Pork recipe is a simple and delicious dish that will make your mouth water. It’s perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a dinner party or cooking for one!
This easy Instant Pot dish is one of those you can make in a snap. It takes less than 10 minutes of prep time, so it’s perfect for when your dinner needs an instant fix! And with just a few key ingredients, you can make this meal anytime.
This would make the best weeknight meal ever; not only does this come together quickly, but it also tastes delicious well, thanks primarily due to its homemade flavor profile, which will leave anyone satisfied.
One of the best things about the recipe is using my homemade BBQ Rub, and if you haven’t tried it, it’s awesome. I always keep a container on hand to use in the recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt
How To Make Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
Cut your pork shoulder into chunks. Then rub your meat with the dry rub.
Then heat the oil in your Instant Pot, using the saute function. After a minute of the oil heating up, add your chunk of pork, rubbed with the dry rub.
Brown the meat on each side for about 3 minutes. After all of the sides, add your water and barbeque sauce. Mix well. Then set your Instant Pot for 60 minutes, using the meat setting. If you do not have the meat setting, use manual high pressure.
When the time is up, naturally release it. Then use your tongs to pull apart the meat. Serve on a roll, and add your garnishes.
- This is a very versatile protein. You can use it on salads, wraps, taco, or burrito filling. My kids also love a great pulled pork sandwich!
- I love to make a sandwich out of my pulled pork. It’s so succulent, juicy, and full of flavor! The perfect comfort food for those cold winter days when you can’t eat anything else because it just tastes that good or if someone is having an event at home where they need something fast but filling yet unique – this will be able to satisfy all your cravings in one dish!
- Barbecued pulled pork should be moist, tender, and juicy. And you don’t want to heat your oven or dirty a bunch of dishes for it either! This recipe is so simple – toss all the ingredients in an Instant Pot/pressure cooker (or slow cooker), hit “cook” before dinner time finishes rolling around where ever you are, then serve with some coleslaw if desired..it will satisfy any bbq craving without heating anyone else too much along the way.
Can I use Frozen Pork Roast?
You can use a frozen pork roast for this dinner. But, for best results and taste, you should let the pork roast thaw before making this recipe.
But, if you want to make Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork from a frozen pork roast, increase the cooking time by 35 to 45 minutes.
Can I use a Slow Cooker?
Yes, for generations before the invention of Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, or Ninja Foodi, people everywhere were making BBQ pulled pork in slow cookers.
You can make the recipe exactly as follows, adding it all to a slow cooker or crockpot and cooking on low for 6 to 8 hours.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT SCRAMBLED EGGS
- INSTANT POT STUFFING
- EASY INSTANT POT HOMEMADE HAMBURGER HELPER
- INSTANT POT QUINOA
- INSTANT POT FRESH GARLIC MARINARA SAUCE
- 1 pork shoulder (I used 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 14 ounces of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- ⅛ cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of ginger
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- Cut your pork shoulder into chunks.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the dry rub ingredients.
- Then rub your meat with the dry rub.
- Then heat the oil in your Instant Pot, using the saute function.
- After a minute of the oil heating up, add your chunk of pork, rubbed with the dry rub.
- Brown the meat on each side for about 3 minutes. After all of the sides, add your water and barbeque sauce.
- Mix well.
- Then set your Instant Pot for 60 minutes, using the meat setting. If you do not have the meat setting, use manual high pressure.
- When the time is up, naturally release the pressure.
- Then use your tongs or two forks to shred the meat.
- Serve as desired.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 1074mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.