This is one of the easiest things to make in the Instant Pot. It’s a grab and go dish, that only requires a few key ingredients. It makes a great weeknight meal.
My husband grew up with huge sandwiches, and he often went with his parents to a deli in Cleveland. The place he loves serves these enormous sandwiches, you have ever seen.
First, you find a nice piece of pork shoulder, which is really, just another way to say Boston Butt, they are usually served boneless, which is great, because it means it’s less work to use, in recipes.
One of the best things about the recipe is using my homemade BBQ Rub, and if you haven’t tried it, it’s awesome. I always keep a container on hand to use in the recipe.
Kitchen Items Used:
Cut the pork shoulder into large chunks.
Add your dry rub all over the pork
Add your oil, into the Instant Pot, press the saute button, allow a minute to heat up a minute. Then add your meat
Heat the meat, until brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Once, your meat is browned (on all sides) add the water and your BBQ sauce. Add your lid and set the time using the meat setting for 60 minutes.
Make sure your vent is sealed.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Instant Pot, Easy BBQ (Barbecue) Pulled Pork
This is such an easy meal.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 70
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pork shoulder (I used 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Dry Rub:
- ⅛ cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of ginger
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 14 ounces of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Cut your pork shoulder into chunks.
- Then rub your meat with the dry rub.
- Then heat the oil up in your Instant Pot, using the saute function.
- After a minute of the oil heating up, add your chunk of pork, rubbed with the dry rub.
- Brown the meat on each side for about 3 minutes. After all of the sides, add your water and barbeque sauce.
- Mix well.
- Then set your Instant Pot for 60 minutes, using the meat setting. If you do not have the meat setting, just use manual high pressure.
- When the time is up, naturally release it.
- Then use your tongs to pull apart the meat, it’s not too hard, as it is very tender.
- I mix it together and let it rest, and then serve on a bun.
Keywords: asy instant pot pulled pork instant pot pulled pork frozen instant pot pulled pork cooking time instant pot pulled pork dr pepper 3 ingredient pulled pork instant pot instant pot pulled pork keto instant pot pork shoulder roast recipe instant pot pulled pork sweet baby rays