Air Fryer Longhorn Parmesan Chicken — Craving something new and delicious to add to your dinner table?
This Air Fryer Longhorn Parmesan Chicken is a tasty and super easy meal for the whole family. With its zesty blend of spices, succulent chicken pieces, and hearty, crunchy coating, it’s sure to become an instant classic at dinnertime!
Not only is this dish incredibly flavorful, but using an air fryer makes the perfect crispy outside with minimal effort or need for added oil. So get ready – tonight, you’ll enjoy a delightful treat from your kitchen!
What Is Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken
LongHorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a popular and flavorful chicken dish served at LongHorn Steakhouse, a well-known casual restaurant specializing in steak and American cuisine. The Parmesan Crusted Chicken is one of the restaurant’s signature dishes, loved for its delicious combination of tender chicken and crispy Parmesan crust.
The dish features a boneless, skinless chicken breast coated with a savory Parmesan cheese and herb mixture, giving it a rich and cheesy flavor. The chicken is then perfectly cooked, creating a golden-brown and crunchy crust on the outside while remaining juicy and tender.
The Parmesan Crusted Chicken is often served with various sides, such as garlic mashed potatoes, fresh steamed vegetables, or a side salad, allowing diners to customize their meals. This dish has become a favorite among LongHorn Steakhouse patrons for its delightful taste and comforting appeal.
With its irresistible combination of classic flavors and textures, LongHorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a delicious option for those seeking a satisfying and hearty chicken dish with a touch of elegance.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Longhorn Parmesan Chicken
Are you looking for a delicious dinner to bring your family to the table with smiles? Look no further than Air Fryer Longhorn Parmesan Chicken! This tender and flavorful entrée is one of those meals that everyone is sure to love.
Not only does it boast the classic flavors of Parmesan cheese, longhorn garlic, oregano, smoked paprika, and basil – but with an added crispness from the air fryer – this meal will give you all the comfort food feels in one scrumptious dish. So what are you waiting for? Gather up your ingredients, and let’s get cooking!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Choose high-quality chicken breasts for the best results. They should be fresh and free from any excess fat or gristle.
- Panko breadcrumbs: Panko breadcrumbs are light and crispy, perfect for creating a crunchy crust on the chicken.
- Parmesan cheese: Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best flavor. Avoid pre-packaged grated cheese, as it may contain additives that affect the texture.
- Garlic powder: Garlic powder adds savory and aromatic notes to the crust.
- Parsley: Dried parsley enhances the overall flavor and adds a hint of freshness to the chicken.
- Kosher salt: Salt brings out the flavors in the crust and helps season the chicken.
- Black pepper: Black pepper adds a touch of heat and complements the other seasonings.
- Egg Wash: Eggs will act as the binding agent, helping the breadcrumb mixture adhere to the chicken.
- Cooking spray or olive oil: To prevent sticking, use cooking spray or lightly brush the air fryer basket with olive oil.
How To Make Longhorn Parmesan Chicken In Air Fryer
Longhorn Parmesan Chicken made in an Air Fryer is the perfect solution for a quick and easy dinner. This dish’s crisp coating and delicious flavor will please even the pickiest eaters.
Not only does it come together with minimal effort, but it also has that crave-worthy crunch you love! Best of all, cooking up your own Longhorn Parmesan Chicken using an air fryer means you can skip dealing with all that deep frying oil – who needs the calories anyway? Read on to learn how simple it is to make this appetizing entrée.
Prepare the Parmesan Crust Mixture:
Combine the Panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish or small bowl. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to ensure an even distribution of the seasonings.
Preheat the Air Fryer:
Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes. Preheating ensures the air fryer reaches the desired temperature, leading to evenly cooked chicken.
Set Up the Egg Wash Station:
In a separate shallow dish or bowl, beat the eggs to create the egg wash.
Coat the Chicken:
Dip each chicken breast into the egg wash, ensuring it is fully coated on all sides.
Add the Parmesan Crust:
Place the egg-coated chicken breasts into the Parmesan crust mixture, pressing firmly to adhere the crumbs to the chicken and create an even coating.
Spray the Air Fryer Basket:
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or brush it with olive oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
Air Fry the Chicken:
Place the coated chicken breasts in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not touching or overlapping. You may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is not large enough to fit both chicken breasts comfortably.
Air fry the chicken at 375 degrees F (190°C) for 12-15 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking process. The chicken is done when its internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the crust is golden brown and crispy.
Serve and Enjoy
Once done, remove the air-fried LongHorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken from the basket and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Pair it with your favorite sides and enjoy this delicious, comforting chicken dish!
Pro Tips for Making Air Fryer LongHorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Pound the Chicken: For even cooking, pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before coating them with the Parmesan mixture. This ensures the chicken cooks uniformly and prevents any part from drying out during air frying.
- Double Coat for Extra Crunch: Consider double-coating the chicken for an extra crunchy crust. After dipping the chicken in the egg wash again in the Parmesan crust mixture, pressing firmly to create a thicker coating.
- Use Freshly Grated Parmesan: For the best flavor and texture, use freshly grated Parmesan cheese rather than pre-packaged grated cheese. Freshly grated Parmesan has a more robust flavor and melts better during air frying.
- Add Italian Seasonings: If you prefer additional flavors, consider adding Italian seasonings to the Parmesan crust mixture. Italian herbs like basil, oregano, and thyme will complement the chicken’s taste and give it a Mediterranean twist.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Always preheat the air fryer before adding the chicken. Preheating ensures that the chicken starts cooking immediately, producing a crispier crust.
- Avoid Overcrowding the Basket: To ensure air circulation, avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. Cook the chicken in a single layer, leaving some space between each piece for optimal cooking results.
- Spray the Chicken with Oil: For an even crispier crust, lightly spray the coated chicken with cooking spray or olive oil before air frying. This will help the crust brown evenly and create a beautiful golden color.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: To guarantee that the chicken is fully cooked and safe to eat, use a meat thermometer to check its internal temperature. The chicken is safe when it reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Rest Before Serving: Allow the air-fried chicken to rest for a few minutes after cooking. This resting period allows the crust to set and the juices to redistribute, resulting in a juicier and more flavorful chicken.
- Serve with Dipping Sauces: For extra flavor, serve the LongHorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken with dipping sauces like marinara, garlic aioli, or honey mustard. These sauces complement the chicken’s cheesy and herby notes.
With these pro tips, you can create a mouthwatering Air Fryer LongHorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken that will impress your family and friends with its delectable flavors and crispy texture.
Can I use chicken thighs or tenders instead of chicken breasts? Yes, you can use chicken thighs or tenders for this recipe. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, as the smaller cuts of meat may cook faster than chicken breasts.
Can I make the Parmesan crust mixture ahead of time? While it’s best to coat the chicken immediately before air frying, you can prepare the Parmesan crust mixture in advance and store it in an airtight container. Keep it in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free? Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs or almond flour instead of regular breadcrumbs.
Do I need to flip the chicken during air frying? Yes, flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking process ensures even browning on both sides of the chicken breasts, resulting in a crispy and evenly cooked crust.
Can I add other herbs or spices to the Parmesan crust mixture? Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with additional herbs and spices to customize the flavor to your liking. Basil, thyme, rosemary, or even a pinch of red pepper flakes can add a delightful twist.
Can I prepare the chicken in advance and air fry it later? While the chicken is best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare the chicken ahead of time, coat it with the Parmesan crust mixture, and refrigerate it. When ready to cook, let the chicken sit at room temperature for a few minutes before air frying.
Can I use a different type of cheese for the crust? While the recipe calls for Parmesan cheese, you can experiment with other hard cheeses like Pecorino Romano or Grana Padano for a similar result.
How do I store leftover Air Fryer LongHorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken? Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the chicken in the air fryer for a few minutes at 375°F (190°C) until heated through.
Can I make this recipe without an air fryer? If you don’t have an air fryer, you can still make Parmesan Crusted Chicken in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) and bake the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and the crust is golden brown.
Can I freeze the coated chicken for later use? It is not recommended to freeze the coated chicken as the crust may become soggy upon thawing. It’s best to cook the chicken immediately after coating it with the Parmesan mixture.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH DONUTS
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
- EASY AIR FRYER FUNFETTI COOKIES
- AIR FRYER MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIES
- AIR FRYER CREAM PUFFS
- EASY AIR FRYER NUTELLA CROISSANTS
Air Fryer Longhorn Parmesan Chicken
- 2 pieces Boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the Parmesan Crust:
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper:
For the Egg Wash:
- 2 large eggs,
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine the Panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt, and black pepper. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to ensure even distribution of the seasonings.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes. Preheating ensures that the air fryer reaches the desired temperature, leading to evenly cooked chicken.
- In a separate shallow dish or bowl, beat the eggs to create the egg wash.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg wash, ensuring it is fully coated on all sides.
- Place the egg-coated chicken breasts into the Parmesan crust mixture, pressing firmly to adhere the crumbs to the chicken and create an even coating.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or brush it with a thin layer of olive oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Place the coated chicken breasts in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not touching or overlapping. You may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is not large enough to fit both chicken breasts comfortably.
- Air fry the chicken at 375°F (190°C) for 12-15 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking process. The chicken is done when its internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C), and the crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Once done, remove the air-fried LongHorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken from the basket and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Pair it with your favorite sides and enjoy this delicious and comforting chicken dish!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional