Air Fryer BBQ Ribs are incredibly juicy, flavorful, and simple. Tender meat with caramelized barbecue sauce makes cooking ribs in an air fryer a family favorite!
This is one of my favorites if you have been looking for an easy recipe on your dinner table prepared with simple ingredients. Server with your favorite sides, such as Air Fryer Corn, Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, or even Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread!
Can You Cook Ribs In The Air Fryer?
Nothing beats the taste and texture of homemade barbecue ribs cooked in an air fryer. Even if you don’t have a smoker or charcoal grill, you can still achieve restaurant-style ribs that are juicy, tender, and satisfyingly smoky. Plus, they’ll be ready to enjoy in just over half an hour—leaving you plenty of time to concoct the perfect side dishes for this classic summer meal. Let’s look at how to create delicious air fryer BBQ ribs so you can make them whenever your craving strikes!
The hot air is perfect for making racks of ribs and beats slow cooking!
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Ribs Recipe
You won’t believe how tender the meat is and how perfectly crispy the edges become when you cook air fryer bbq ribs!
You can always make ribs on the grill, but I am not always in the mood to cook outdoors. Instead, I like to toss the ribs in an air fryer with some barbecue sauce for a few minutes, and then everyone devours them. Quick. Easy. Delicious.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Spare Ribs
- Easy to customize
- Great for parties and tailgating
- Fast Way
- Minutes Of Cooking
After making these juicy ribs, and the most tender ribs you have eaten, this will soon be your favorite air fryer recipe, and you will be hooked on air frying. There is nothing better than a game day snack, and these will be the best ribs you have ever eaten!
Air Fryer BBQ Ribs Ingredients
Delicious, tender, and juicy ribs that melt in your mouth? It sounds like a dream come true! Air fryer BBQ ribs have been all the rage lately, and it’s no wonder why. Using an air fryer to cook succulent, fall-off-the-bone deliciousness is easier than you think! In this blog post, we’ll look at what ingredients are needed for making air fryer BBQ ribs that will have you licking your fingers with every bite. So break out your recipe books and preheat your oven – it’s time to make some seriously finger-lickin’ good BBQ ribs!
Remember the details and step-by-step instructions below in the printable recipe card.
- Baby back ribs: The size of the rack of ribs will depend on how large your air fryer basket is.
- Barbecue sauce: Use your favorite bbq sauce.
- Seasonings and Spices: Use salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, or garlic powder, or a homemade dry rub
- Serving: Serve with Additional BBQ Sauce
How To Cook Ribs In Air Fryer
Step 1: Prep the ribs
Leave the ribs on the counter (on a plate or cutting board) for about 30 minutes to bring the ribs to room temperature.
Decide how much you need to cut to fit them in your air fryer basket; this will depend on the air fryer you own.
Remove the membrane. . Season your ribs with salt and pepper, then brush on BBQ sauce. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cut the ribs to fit.
Step 2: Preheat the air fryer
Preheat your air fryer. Simply turn the temperature to 390 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes. Preheating your air fryer for ribs will create a great char when you first put them in.
Step 3: Air fry BBQ ribs
Place ribs in the air fryer. Set the cooking time for 10 minutes; after 10 minutes, flip, with a pair of tongs, over the ribs and cook time for another 5-10 minutes. Brush with some more BBQ sauce.
Check with a meat thermometer. If the internal temperature hasn’t reached 175 degrees, continue to cook until it does, the amount of time will depend on the air fryer you are using and the number of ribs you are cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know when the air fryer ribs are done?
Beef ribs in the air fryer are done when they have reached an internal temperature of 175 degrees. Don’t remove them from the air fryer until they have reached that temperature. Keep cooking for 3-5 minutes until the bbq baby ribs reach the desired internal temperature.
Do I need to cook ribs with the bones up or down?
For best results, cook the air fryer bbq ribs with the bones up the first half, flip them, and place them bone side down. This will allow the meaty part of the ribs to get the best texture and flavor.
How long do ribs in an air fryer last?
After you have cooked the air fryer spare ribs, let them cool down. Then place in a sealed airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer when ready to serve.
How To Remove The Membrane From The Back Of The Ribs
Once the membrane is removed, you can season your ribs with a dry rub or marinade and cook them in the oven, on the grill, air fryer, or in a smoker. Here are some tips for getting that membrane off:
- Wipe the meat side with paper towels,
- Use kitchen shears or a sharp knife to cut along the meat side of the thin membrane about an inch from the bone ribs.
- Using your fingers or a spoon, grab the edge of the membrane and peel it away from the rib, removing the membrane from the sides of the ribs.
- Once you have peeled off as much as possible, use a paper towel to grip the edges stuck to the ribs and pull gently until fully removed.
- If any surprisingly stubborn pieces remain, you can try loosening them with a butter knife and then picking them off.
- After removing the membrane, season your rib.
How To Store Ribs
If you have any leftover ribs, cut them into individual ones, then let them cool to room temperature, and place them into an airtight container or Ziploc Bag. They will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. This delicious recipe is a great way to meal plan!
Best Side Dishes To Serve With Ribs
Ribs are the perfect meal for get-togethers; they’re moist, tender, and flavorful. Whether hosting a backyard BBQ or having friends over for dinner, ribs can be the star at your table. But as we all know, no entree is complete without some side dishes! The trick to creating an amazing rib dinner? Serve flavorful sides that bring out the best in your main course—and complement it well. Below are some delicious side dish recipes that pair perfectly with ribs to create an unforgettable meal!
- AIR FRYER CORN ON THE COB
- AIR FRYER FROZEN CORN ON THE COB
- EASY AIR FRYER ELOTE CORN (MEXICAN STREET CORN)
- AIR FRYER MAC AND CHEESE
- INSTANT POT MAC AND CHEESE
What To Serve With Tender Pork Ribs
I love my recipe for homemade bbq sauce, which is perfect since it has mixed brown sugar; remember to use your favorite bbq sauce, and serve some extra bbq sauce for dipping!
For Easier Clean Up
If you have been looking for an easy way to keep your air fryer tray clean, remember you can line your tray or basket with parchment paper, which will help reduce cleanup!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Some of these will soon become your favorite recipes!
- Air Fryer Baby Back Ribs
- Air Fryer Smoked BBQ Ribs
- Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- Air Fryer Country-Style Ribs
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for air fryer pork ribs; I hope you check out some of my other great recipes! Enjoy your juicy air fryer ribs! And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter to get all the new recipes!
Air Fryer BBQ Ribs
- 2-3 pounds baby back ribs
- 32 ounces bbq sauce, any type
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- seasonings, of your choice, optional
- Leave the ribs on the counter (either on a plate or cutting board) for about 30 minutes, just to bring the ribs to room temperature.
- Remove the membrane. Season your ribs with salt and pepper, and then brush on some BBQ sauce.
- Preheat your air fryer. Simply turn the temperature to 390 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes. Preheating your air fryer for ribs will create a great char when you first put them in.
- Place the bbq ribs in the air fryer. Set the timer for 10 minutes; after 10 minutes, flip over the ribs and cook for another 7–10 minutes. Brush with some more BBQ sauce. Check with a meat thermometer. If the internal temperature hasn’t reached 175 degrees, continue to cook until it does.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer